Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

All Inclusive Warriors in 6.0

Warriors in 6.0 WoD Flavour is god igniteweaponigniteblunt

  • Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

#121 Flavours

Flavours

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

Does no one else love the current play style of arms warriors? :(

View Postisthisnametakenyet, on 18 August 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:

fucking scum why don't you just offer him help instead of being a dick

#122 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 803
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2013
  • 3v3: 2710
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

View PostFlavours, on 15 July 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

Does no one else love the current play style of arms warriors? :(

They cannot pick and choose ability restrictions to add back into the game. If they wish to bring back stance requirements in any form then they must also bring back the form requirements that shadowform or moonkin form use to have, in addition to druid abilities no longer automaticly putting them in the correct form, once again requiring macros. This are are only a couple of examples, but even things like permanant water ele are huge class usability changes that would need to be reverted to keep things in line.

The reason stance dancing was fine before was because other classes had similar restrictions on their abilities in one form or another. In cata they started removing those restrictions until they removed nearly all of them in MoP, or at least relaxed them enough so that a 100 macros weren't nessecary to play the class at it's basic level.

They must either revert multiple classes to the old playstyle or revent none. The current beta playstyle is absolutely horrendious rotation wise, and as a result we haven't gotten to the point where we can even test out how bad the stance restrictions are.

Edited by Speedymart, 15 July 2014 - 10:59 PM.

Posted Image

#123 Jalopy

Jalopy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 111
  • Talents: Fury 1/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2206
  • 3v3: 2770
  • RBG: 2149

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

View PostFlavours, on 15 July 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

Does no one else love the current play style of arms warriors? :(

No because it's almost completely skillless, which helps to add to part of the reason warriors have such a high representation. They're effective and literally anybody can play one given a day or two to a high level.

#124 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 803
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2013
  • 3v3: 2710
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

View PostJalopy, on 15 July 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

No because it's almost completely skillless, which helps to add to part of the reason warriors have such a high representation. They're effective and literally anybody can play one given a day or two to a high level.

There's also this. They lowered the restrictions on classes so much that its even more of a reason to universally revert a lot of things to how they were in wrath

Edited by Speedymart, 15 July 2014 - 11:05 PM.

Posted Image

#125 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 360
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333
  • RBG: 576

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostSpeedymart, on 15 July 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

They cannot pick and choose ability restrictions to add back into the game. If they wish to bring back stance requirements in any form then they must also bring back the form requirements that shadowform or moonkin form use to have, in addition to druid abilities no longer automaticly putting them in the correct form, once again requiring macros. This are are only a couple of examples, but even things like permanant water ele are huge class usability changes that would need to be reverted to keep things in line.

The reason stance dancing was fine before was because other classes had similar restrictions on their abilities in one form or another. In cata they started removing those restrictions until they removed nearly all of them in MoP, or at least relaxed them enough so that a 100 macros weren't nessecary to play the class at it's basic level.

They must either revert multiple classes to the old playstyle or revent none. The current beta playstyle is absolutely horrendious rotation wise, and as a result we haven't gotten to the point where we can even test out how bad the stance restrictions are.

I would honestly have them move back to the old system rather then the live we have now. Classes/specs felt unique when there were certain strengths and weaknesses you had restrictions on abilities to keep you from being ridicules, However, on the flip side, because there were restrictions that could have a penalty if used incorrectly, it meant specs could have a larger toolkit to work with and therefore gave a higher skillcap.

Also when it comes to Arms in 6.0, i still dont think having 2-3 abilities that can chunk away atleast 25% of someones hp is a good idea, especially when one of those attacks in Ms, the core of the rotation, Arms can be a slower spec without it being "Sit on your hands for x amount of time till you pool enough rage and one shot your opponent with a Ms > Execute combo.

Arms should be a medium sized hit, and something else (Say Wrath OP) and give it a weak filler (Slam) Hell they could even keep rend in still and make it proc Ops again (while making rend itself still do some initial damage with the bleed tied to it and tick every 2-3 sec for 10-12 sec) Then do something with Cs.

Basically if beta arms went live it would be nerfed so fast and hard glad stance/ fury would be forced down your throats,

#126 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 238
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2112
  • 3v3: 2057
  • 5v5: 1737
  • RBG: 958
  • LocationAustria

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

View PostJalopy, on 15 July 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

No because it's almost completely skillless, which helps to add to part of the reason warriors have such a high representation. They're effective and literally anybody can play one given a day or two to a high level.

this is not true and you know it, give a new guy WoW or just look at 1k mmr games, people are actually not good at this game.

warrior might be easy but the statement that everyone can pick up a class and be good with it is not true.

PS: ofc if an already good player picks up warrior he will have an easy time
dude why u hatin, just like, chill man

#127 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 803
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2013
  • 3v3: 2710
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:59 PM

View PostRippedLife, on 16 July 2014 - 09:41 PM, said:



this is not true and you know it, give a new guy WoW or just look at 1k mmr games, people are actually not good at this game.

warrior might be easy but the statement that everyone can pick up a class and be good with it is not true.

PS: ofc if an already good player picks up warrior he will have an easy time

Warrior skill comes from effective cc rotation, that's literally it. The reason those warriors as 1k MMR is because they all click and backpedel so hard they have absolutely no clue what's going on. This applies to any class, and a decent 1900 player or so can pick up warrior much easier then most other classes due to our severe lack of depth at the moment


A lot of other classes such as else shamans are pretty easy to pick up as well, the main skill gap bring off healing and cc avoidance ussage in this case



Anyway, was playing some arms on beta again. I did a 1v2 against a feral and ww monk. I 100-0d the monk in about five seconds, but he had no idea what he was doing and didn't Karma or anything.

However, once I turned my attention to the feral I had around 150k, he kept dodging every ability until I had around 40k left where I got a bunch of execute procs in a row. It was literally 109k exe 80k ms 97k exe 90k exe. I randomly globaled the fuck out of it out of nowhere inside a single shockwave without reck and just trinket proc. We are so absolutely helpless on the beta without any reliable rage gen its crazy. I was constantly just flat out globaling people in 3-4 gcds if I had a couple auto attacks hit in a row for rage cap and then dumping it all into execute procs and ms/cs.

The playstyle is just s12 where we were stupid clunky but randomly globaled people. If this goes live our damage will be nerfed into oblivion and we will be absolutely invalid for the first season or so

Edited by Speedymart, 16 July 2014 - 10:55 PM.

Posted Image

#128 Jalopy

Jalopy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 111
  • Talents: Fury 1/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2206
  • 3v3: 2770
  • RBG: 2149

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

View PostRippedLife, on 16 July 2014 - 09:41 PM, said:

this is not true and you know it, give a new guy WoW or just look at 1k mmr games, people are actually not good at this game.

warrior might be easy but the statement that everyone can pick up a class and be good with it is not true.

PS: ofc if an already good player picks up warrior he will have an easy time

It's a hyperbole. Warrior skillcap is quite low, and combined with a laughably easy damage rotation and a fair amount of defensives, anybody can pick one up with ease. Other classes in history have been historically stronger than warriors are right now, but they haven't dominated the ladder since they're harder to play effectively.

#129 Jalopy

Jalopy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 111
  • Talents: Fury 1/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2206
  • 3v3: 2770
  • RBG: 2149

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

http://www.twitch.tv/smoove3/c/4677971

Friend linked me this. It's self-explanatory.

#130 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 360
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333
  • RBG: 576

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

View PostSpeedymart, on 16 July 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:



Warrior skill comes from effective cc rotation, that's literally it. The reason those warriors as 1k MMR is because they all click and backpedel so hard they have absolutely no clue what's going on. This applies to any class, and a decent 1900 player or so can pick up warrior much easier then most other classes due to our severe lack of depth at the moment


A lot of other classes such as else shamans are pretty easy to pick up as well, the main skill gap bring off healing and cc avoidance ussage in this case



Anyway, was playing some arms on beta again. I did a 1v2 against a feral and ww monk. I 100-0d the monk in about five seconds, but he had no idea what he was doing and didn't Karma or anything.

However, once I turned my attention to the feral I had around 150k, he kept dodging every ability until I had around 40k left where I got a bunch of execute procs in a row. It was literally 109k exe 80k ms 97k exe 90k exe. I randomly globaled the fuck out of it out of nowhere inside a single shockwave without reck and just trinket proc. We are so absolutely helpless on the beta without any reliable rage gen its crazy. I was constantly just flat out globaling people in 3-4 gcds if I had a couple auto attacks hit in a row for rage cap and then dumping it all into execute procs and ms/cs.

The playstyle is just s12 where we were stupid clunky but randomly globaled people. If this goes live our damage will be nerfed into oblivion and we will be absolutely invalid for the first season or so


Wait is it chain proccing or was it stacking? Autos wouldn't be that fast to give sd procs.

#131 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 803
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2013
  • 3v3: 2710
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:17 AM

View PostEzyo1000, on 17 July 2014 - 12:30 AM, said:

Wait is it chain proccing or was it stacking? Autos wouldn't be that fast to give sd procs.

Proc - MS - proc - normal execute. I had a proc from a couple seconds earlier that I used to begin the rotation, and it proc'd again asoon as I used it.


Quote


http://www.twitch.tv/smoove3/c/4677971

Friend linked me this. It's self-explanatory.

Yeah, that about sums it up. Execute randomly procing for 100k or so, but I've yet to hit a 222k like that dude did. I'm also not running avatar though. They'll waddle around until they finally get rage or procs and just global you.

Edited by Speedymart, 17 July 2014 - 02:20 AM.

Posted Image

#132 Jalopy

Jalopy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 111
  • Talents: Fury 1/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2206
  • 3v3: 2770
  • RBG: 2149

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

From what I saw, that was reck + avatar + on-use + maybe a proc (I can't recognize that one by icon).
Funnily enough, that hit wasn't with CS up, so you can probably tack on another 30-40%.

#133 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1551
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 2413
  • 5v5: 2261
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:31 AM

Do not want this :(
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#134 The_Observer

The_Observer
  • Members
  • Posts: 88

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:58 AM

S16 is going to be s12 2.0 /sigh

#135 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 412
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1850
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2242
  • RBG: 2405

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

Why not make the talent have a chance to proc your next mortal strike to consume no rage? Fixed burst issue of an extra attack. Still a dmg increase cause you can spend that rage on a filler instead.
Posted Image

#136 Jalopy

Jalopy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 111
  • Talents: Fury 1/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2206
  • 3v3: 2770
  • RBG: 2149

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

The entire issue stems from them dumbing down the game in a "few but big hits" mantra bullcrap. By removing OP/slam they have to roll all of its damage into other things, creating massive burst. Any retard could have foresaw that.

#137 lol_awful

lol_awful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 198
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

Not only is "a few random big chops" OP-er it's less fun-er :(

#138 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3540
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostJalopy, on 17 July 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

The entire issue stems from them dumbing down the game in a "few but big hits" mantra bullcrap. By removing OP/slam they have to roll all of its damage into other things, creating massive burst. Any retard could have foresaw that.
Yes it takes infinitely more effort to press the same button 3 times in a row instead of one.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#139 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 360
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333
  • RBG: 576

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostBraindance, on 17 July 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

Yes it takes infinitely more effort to press the same button 3 times in a row instead of one.

Most people would rather get hit 3 times for 66k each instead of 200k once, Being able to have 3 massive hits chained together is stupid Especially when one of those is your "Your dead" Button.

Seriously, S9, S12, and now again in beta they are doing the same thing?

#140 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3540
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

View PostEzyo1000, on 17 July 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

Most people would rather get hit 3 times for 66k each instead of 200k once, Being able to have 3 massive hits chained together is stupid Especially when one of those is your "Your dead" Button.

Seriously, S9, S12, and now again in beta they are doing the same thing?
That 1 hit 200k was the entire vanilla, the entire bc and the entire wotlk and it marked seasons when warriors were really strong and valued.

I cannot fathom why you don't like such changes. It is far superior to hit once for 99k than 3 times for 33k. And I find that way more fun and far less straining on my wrists.

Edited by Braindance, 17 July 2014 - 02:35 PM.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...




4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users


<