• Curse Sites
Help

why does so many people care about models and looks?

IN WOW NOT IRL

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 TheFoole

TheFoole
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1807
  • 3v3: 2086
  • 5v5: 1909
  • RBG: 1773
  • LocationHuntington Beach Ca

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

isnt that why people argue on ArenaJunkies?

#42 freshfreefly

freshfreefly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1504
  • 3v3: 2421
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

View PostAvengelyne, on 20 June 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

defeated the entire brawlers guild, built my tillers from from neutral/nothing to a full exalted farm all to get...

http://www.wowhead.c...-soaked-brawler

A goddamn shirt. Something you never see. Why? For the novelty and the fact that nearly nobody has it or will get it. Plus it gives you a buff.. maybe an enemy Mage will think he can spell steal it :) some next level strategies right there.

It is fun having a cool looking and unique character with rewards to earn that others may never get or will never be capable of getting. Putting more work into the visuals make it more rewarding which actually helps competitive players out by introducing people to the competitive scene that care about those things (like myself) and help it gain popularity (viewers).

Don't get me wrong, i completely understand that you would like to be different from others, but if it's something that is happening to every single person in the game, does it really matter to you? if that's the thought process i mean.

View PostAvengelyne, on 20 June 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

It is fun having a cool looking and unique character with rewards to earn that others may never get or will never be capable of getting. Putting more work into the visuals make it more rewarding which actually helps competitive players out by introducing people to the competitive scene that care about those things (like myself) and help it gain popularity (viewers).

Not every fan or spectator at tournaments want to see a priest death a blind, they want to see the mean looking Orc chop the priests fuckin head off. They don't know enough details to understand what commentators are saying. Games like counterstrike although deep and highly competitive would likely gain more popularity with spectacular graphics making it fun to watch. Don't you agree?

this is a really good point, i agree with you

Edited by freshfreefly, 20 June 2014 - 09:32 PM.

View PostDillypoo, on 03 August 2014 - 09:44 PM, said:

GUYS GUYS GUYS IM RUNNING IN I GOT A FEAR OFF THAT!!! Oh wait Tremor... OK OK OK Guys I got another full fear off that!!! Aw shit nimble, OK GUYS GUYS GUYS I SWEAR I HAVE A FULL FEAR! Fuck nevermind... Will. OK OK OK NOW THIS FEAR IS FULL!!! Shit he has tremor back up omg... OK OK OK NOW I HAVE A FULL FEAR ITS FULL KILL KILL Oh whoops... prep tremor... Damnit, I got a full fear this time!!! Oh... he trinketed it... next one should be full... FULL FEAR!!! He has nimble back up WTF.

#43 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2315
  • 3v3: 2744
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

Not every fan or spectator at tournaments want to see a priest death a blind, they want to see the mean looking Orc chop the priests fuckin head off.

I can only sit here in anticipation that one day they'll introduce mortal combat style finishers to the end of arena games.
Zoomed in suicides (for the leavers) or fatalities when the last person dies... just 2-3 secs long of slow motion carnage with different animations for abilities/achievements etc.
Just imagine a slow golf clap before you flip the v and incinerate yourself after some random fotm comp globals your team-mates etc.

#44 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

Good afternoon friends. It's your friendly neighborhood BBC Ayra here with another high quality, in-depth, and thought provoking post.

"Why does so many people care about models and looks?"

I can only assume he means "why do so many people care about models and looks?"

Well this question is relatively simple once you approach it with an open mind...The reason people care about looks and aesthetics is because we as human beings (the greatest species on earth) are visual creatures. When you look at a fellow person it does not matter what their personality or wallet size is initially. If they are fat, skinny fat (no muscle just a flabby untrained body),suffer from untreated acne, or just have poor hair/teeth/nails your view of them instantly drops. We as humans care about how we look, and how those around us look.

Notice how attractive people surround themselves with other attractive people. Example : Look at AJ Off-topic as a prime example of it. Ayra, Breadstick, Zae, Rilor, Reedwise, FTR, Buglamp, Emmune, Flavour (My son and and vanilla protege)...the list is endless. Almost every poster there is at least a 7+ aesthetics wise, dresses well, and has an attractive face. People of the unattractive ailment are just not accepted (Unlike on the general forums where the riff-raff of society and the World of Warcraft community seem to congregate).

Now i am not saying you are a bad person if you are not attractive, but what i am saying is that people DO care about how you look. Thus we have a culture and society obsessed with models, looks, penis size, money, and other superficial attributes. People obsess with these things instead of taking more than just a small glance at the bigger picture.

Now you may wonder why i have digressed from the original topic which was World of Warcraft related...Well you see human psychology is fairly simple to understand, and it's fairly obvious why players of all classes, races, ages, and statuses care about their in game alter-ego. Many World of Warcraft players view their in-game character as a sort of "other self" perhaps even an "alter-ego". As we know World of Warcraft is a game in which you enter a completely new reality, a reality with a whole new set of rules and ideologies. But one fact will always stay true whether you are in a highly populated bar, office, or just sitting at home excessively masturbating to images of cartoon Japanese women with one hand, brushing the Cheetos dust from your pubic region with your other, and some how alternating hands to attempt to tank a dungeon on your brewmaster monk...Humans love and care about aesthetics.

This my friends is why a large amount of people care about models and looks in World of Warcraft.

As Sigmund Freud once said "We may go from here to consider the interesting case in which happiness in life is predominantly sought in the enjoyment of beauty, wherever beauty presents itself to our senses and our judgement - the beauty of human forms and gestures, of natural objects and landscapes and of artistic and even scientific creations. This aesthetic attitude to the goal of life offers little protection against the threat of suffering, but it can compensate for a great deal. The enjoyment of beauty has a peculiar, mildly intoxicating quality of feeling. Beauty has no obvious use; nor is there any clear cultural necessity for it. Yet civilization could not do without it.

I hope I have cleared up a few questions in regards to this subject, and if any one has any other questions feel free to ask me.

Edit: Remember to plus rep if helped

Edited by Ayrasaurus, 21 June 2014 - 11:57 AM.

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15

#45 zzo

zzo
  • Junkies

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:24 PM

View PostAyrasaurus, on 21 June 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Good afternoon friends. It's your friendly neighborhood BBC Ayra here with another high quality, in-depth, and thought provoking post.

"Why does so many people care about models and looks?"

I can only assume he means "why do so many people care about models and looks?"

Well this question is relatively simple once you approach it with an open mind...The reason people care about looks and aesthetics is because we as human beings (the greatest species on earth) are visual creatures. When you look at a fellow person it does not matter what their personality or wallet size is initially. If they are fat, skinny fat (no muscle just a flabby untrained body),suffer from untreated acne, or just have poor hair/teeth/nails your view of them instantly drops. We as humans care about how we look, and how those around us look.

Notice how attractive people surround themselves with other attractive people. Example : Look at AJ Off-topic as a prime example of it. Ayra, Breadstick, Zae, Rilor, Reedwise, FTR, Buglamp, Emmune, Flavour (My son and and vanilla protege)...the list is endless. Almost every poster there is at least a 7+ aesthetics wise, dresses well, and has an attractive face. People of the unattractive ailment are just not accepted (Unlike on the general forums where the riff-raff of society and the World of Warcraft community seem to congregate).

Now i am not saying you are a bad person if you are not attractive, but what i am saying is that people DO care about how you look. Thus we have a culture and society obsessed with models, looks, penis size, money, and other superficial attributes. People obsess with these things instead of taking more than just a small glance at the bigger picture.

Now you may wonder why i have digressed from the original topic which was World of Warcraft related...Well you see human psychology is fairly simple to understand, and it's fairly obvious why players of all classes, races, ages, and statuses care about their in game alter-ego. Many World of Warcraft players view their in-game character as a sort of "other self" perhaps even an "alter-ego". As we know World of Warcraft is a game in which you enter a completely new reality, a reality with a whole new set of rules and ideologies. But one fact will always stay true whether you are in a highly populated bar, office, or just sitting at home excessively masturbating to images of cartoon Japanese women with one hand, brushing the Cheetos dust from your pubic region with your other, and some how alternating hands to attempt to tank a dungeon on your brewmaster monk...Humans love and care about aesthetics.

This my friends is why a large amount of people care about models and looks in World of Warcraft.

As Sigmund Freud once said "We may go from here to consider the interesting case in which happiness in life is predominantly sought in the enjoyment of beauty, wherever beauty presents itself to our senses and our judgement - the beauty of human forms and gestures, of natural objects and landscapes and of artistic and even scientific creations. This aesthetic attitude to the goal of life offers little protection against the threat of suffering, but it can compensate for a great deal. The enjoyment of beauty has a peculiar, mildly intoxicating quality of feeling. Beauty has no obvious use; nor is there any clear cultural necessity for it. Yet civilization could not do without it.

I hope I have cleared up a few questions in regards to this subject, and if any one has any other questions feel free to ask me.

Edit: Remember to plus rep if helped

+ Rep for Quality post outlining some of the best psychoanalysis on ArenaJunkies.net.co.uk to date

Flavour - Vanilla protege
Posted Image

#46 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/0/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2716
  • 3v3: 2854
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2243
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

View PostAyrasaurus, on 21 June 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

can you vocaroo this please?

#47 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

View PostMarshmellow, on 19 June 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Because some people don't know what tmorph is
What? He's talking about the "models", not bringing in new "cool mounts". The model for a lot of the older mounts look dog shit, since theyre from older expansions.

#48 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

View PostElorxo, on 21 June 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

can you vocaroo this please?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1n1g2D8IDc3

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15

#49 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:24 PM

What I take from this is that I should start posting in OT again.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<