• Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/1/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1373
  • 3v3: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

I have a container. I need to know how much liquid (in pounds) this container can hold. For some reason, im not doing the math properly, not holding my mouth right or something... The liquid in this case has the same properties as water.

properties of water --- 231 lbs / Square inch if i remember correctly and 8.3333 lbs per gallon etc

Properties of the container --- 36 inches (3 feet) radius is obviously 18 inches. Height is 42 inches.

Halp.. Also, please enlighten me as to what the correct formula to determine this is, as i have apparently forgotten somewhere between high school and now.

I can estimate that its somewhere near 1500.. I need to be exact though.

Edit: the container is a cylinder like a drinking cup or glass or a metal drum, in case you didnt realize that from the information given about the diameter

Edited by Clamnesia, 18 June 2014 - 05:57 PM.

Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#2 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/1/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1373
  • 3v3: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

nevermind. i figured it out.. 3.14 (PI) x radius squared x the height / 231 lbs/Sqin X 8.33 (lbs per gallon of H20) in case it stumped anyone else. took me a while.. but i remembered.. lol
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#3 prodigiousv

prodigiousv
  • Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:48 AM

Sucks I didn't see it earlier, I've solved it just by reading it once. Simply solving for volume. Base times height and use '*' instead of 'x' or learn LaTeX. It's annoying to read. You must be one fat retard trofl.

Anyway try to draw those problems.

Someone post more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<