Photo

What does a mistweaver bring that other healers do not?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1666
  • 3v3: 1893
  • 5v5: 1940
  • RBG: 960

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

MW bring healing to the team and since there isn't enough healers in game, MW is very good choice in any case :)

#22 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 1666
  • RBG: 1793

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

Immune to stuns, great peels, an in combat sap, doesnt have to cast. 1 min bubble, a lock portal and insane mobility. Then all the other stuff other healers bring to the table.

The stun thing is slightly exaggerated, not sure what the great peels are, in combat sap sure for half the time, doesn't have to cast true but its smart to a bit for mana reasons, bubble is 2 minutes unless it was changed since I stopped playing, a lock portal WITH A CAST and insane mobility as long as you arent being hit by stuff thats going to bug it out/ie roots or stuns.m Monks have limited comps that they excel in, but the comps that they do run well with its pretty easy to be the monk if your partners are solid.

#23 Mendicant

Mendicant
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

I don't see how monks are unkillable.

If you have a warrior on your team period, monks are very killable depending on the map

#24 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:31 AM

Just saw WoD notes.. and maybe in WoD mistweaver will bring fists of fury!

or at least it says:
  • Fists of Fury (Brewmaster, Windwalker) Pummel all targets in front of you with rapid hand strikes, stunning them and dealing [ 1,662.9% of Mainhand Min DPS + 831.5% of Offhand Min DPS + 528.6% of AP - 19 ] to [ 1,662.9% of Mainhand Max DPS + 831.5% of Offhand Max DPS + 528.6% of AP + 19 ] damage immediately and every 1 sec for 4 sec. stunning them and dealing [ 4,157.3% of Mainhand Min DPS + 2,078.7% of Offhand Min DPS + 2,642.9% of AP + 4,157.3% of Mainhand Max DPS + 2,078.7% of Offhand Max DPS ] damage over 4 sec. Damage is reduced against all targets except your primary target. Deals reduced damage to secondary targets.
  • Fists of Fury (Mistweaver) Pummel all targets in front of you with rapid hand strikes, stunning them and dealing [ 2,494.4% of Mainhand Min DPS + 528.6% of AP - 19 ] to [ 2,494.4% of Mainhand Max DPS + 528.6% of AP + 19 ] damage immediately and every 1 sec for 4 sec. stunning them and dealing [ 6,236% of Mainhand Min DPS + 2,642.9% of AP + 6,236% of Mainhand Max DPS ] damage over 4 sec. Damage is reduced against all targets except your primary target. Deals reduced damage to secondary targets.

#25 Kona

Kona
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 1957
  • RBG: 1647

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

Just saw WoD notes.. and maybe in WoD mistweaver will bring fists of fury!

or at least it says:

• Fists of Fury (Brewmaster, Windwalker) Pummel all targets in front of you with rapid hand strikes, stunning them and dealing [ 1,662.9% of Mainhand Min DPS + 831.5% of Offhand Min DPS + 528.6% of AP - 19 ] to [ 1,662.9% of Mainhand Max DPS + 831.5% of Offhand Max DPS + 528.6% of AP + 19 ] damage immediately and every 1 sec for 4 sec. stunning them and dealing [ 4,157.3% of Mainhand Min DPS + 2,078.7% of Offhand Min DPS + 2,642.9% of AP + 4,157.3% of Mainhand Max DPS + 2,078.7% of Offhand Max DPS ] damage over 4 sec. Damage is reduced against all targets except your primary target. Deals reduced damage to secondary targets.
  • Fists of Fury (Mistweaver) Pummel all targets in front of you with rapid hand strikes, stunning them and dealing [ 2,494.4% of Mainhand Min DPS + 528.6% of AP - 19 ] to [ 2,494.4% of Mainhand Max DPS + 528.6% of AP + 19 ] damage immediately and every 1 sec for 4 sec. stunning them and dealing [ 6,236% of Mainhand Min DPS + 2,642.9% of AP + 6,236% of Mainhand Max DPS ] damage over 4 sec. Damage is reduced against all targets except your primary target. Deals reduced damage to secondary targets.

But we lose our port, stun immunity, and orbs.

#26 Mendicant

Mendicant
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

Not necessarily. Monk does a lot better than priest vs warlock teams, hunter teams, and cleaves in general. However it is weak against mages (godcomp). Priest suffers vs lock/hunter compositions, but excells against mages. It's very que dependent. Overall monk is a lot easier to succeed with and get higher ratings as well. Monks shaman compositions are able to last an extremely long time in a game, a lot longer than a priest, and this eventually allows you to global someone. Priest variant requires more consistent offensive pressure honestly.

This is true, but also somewhat dependant.

Because I dont have a plethora of R1s to play with like Dannycarey, Verdant, Hexadoya ect. I'm pretty much stuck to playing beastcleave; to answer why it's my main comp.

IMO MW Beast is the beast anti-melee cleave.

It's extremely rare when we lose to other double melee cleaves, namely being TSG and PHD but we can lose vs PHD if we stack will and tremor. Both times we lost to yall 2 nights ago was due to that. And Beast is obviously dumb. That's not what this post is about.

It can consistently beat every melee cleave except MAYBE turbo, be we have yet to lose to one. But its not seen often up high, so w/e.

But versus any double caster team, I feel we just flop to our caster overlords. We qued last week at 2550mmr for 4 hours when there were a ton of Godcomps queues specifically to look and find a strat for it; which we didn't. But we got significantly better at playing against it and actually went up to 2640 versus nothing but godcomp before stopping. Just my horribly worded 2cents.

@OP

MW is extremely boring and hellish to play, go Rdruid

#27 Blueberrysoda

Blueberrysoda

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

What are yalls opinions on MW monks in WoD? Will Priests be the top tog healer?

#28 Kona

Kona
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 1957
  • RBG: 1647

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

What are yalls opinions on MW monks in WoD? Will Priests be the top tog healer?

Fear no longer baseline? 45 second CD? Disc is losing a _TON_ of stuff in their kit.

Why do you think priest would be the best?

#29 YesEU

YesEU
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Azjol-Nerub
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2550
  • 3v3: 2725
  • 5v5: 2366
  • RBG: 2223

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:10 AM

Not being able to die helps, undead monks being immune to CC, RoP, bubble, port etc

EDIT: 72 trinkets.

Edited by YesEU, 29 June 2014 - 01:11 AM.

How my hat is connected with my Arena Junkies posts? :D

#30 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:06 AM

Not being able to die helps, undead monks being immune to CC, RoP, bubble, port etc

EDIT: 72 trinkets.

This is only true in lower rating. Many of the highest rated teams go for mistweavers.

#31 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

This is only true in lower rating. Many of the highest rated teams go for mistweavers.

yeah, all you need is to proc demat then get a follow up stun and add a silence for extra result.

I find myself able to solo mistweavers pretty easily as windwalker, they die in one leg sweep fof if they don't use any cds

#32 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2805
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

Monks are very queue dependent.

MW excels versus cleave teams and suffers versus wizards.
http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

sorry, I don't speak duellist

#33 Execx

Execx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1560
  • 3v3: 2608
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1752

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

Orb Bot.

#34 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

This is true, but also somewhat dependant.

Because I dont have a plethora of R1s to play with like Dannycarey, Verdant, Hexadoya ect. I'm pretty much stuck to playing beastcleave; to answer why it's my main comp.

IMO MW Beast is the beast anti-melee cleave.

It's extremely rare when we lose to other double melee cleaves, namely being TSG and PHD but we can lose vs PHD if we stack will and tremor. Both times we lost to yall 2 nights ago was due to that. And Beast is obviously dumb. That's not what this post is about.

It can consistently beat every melee cleave except MAYBE turbo, be we have yet to lose to one. But its not seen often up high, so w/e.

But versus any double caster team, I feel we just flop to our caster overlords. We qued last week at 2550mmr for 4 hours when there were a ton of Godcomps queues specifically to look and find a strat for it; which we didn't. But we got significantly better at playing against it and actually went up to 2640 versus nothing but godcomp before stopping. Just my horribly worded 2cents.

@OP

MW is extremely boring and hellish to play, go Rdruid

Even if you still do stack will and tremor you still really shouldn't lose to PHD ever as MW beast. It is probably one of the hardest counters for the comp. It is definitely possible to beat godcomps even as MW beastcleave. You have plenty of ways to prevent them from getting cc's onto the monk and your team. You mainly only have to worry about stopping polys/cyclones since you have nimble will 2 tremors to out you out of fears, not to mention the ability to snake trap + stampede fears, and just also prevent the priest from closing the gap to you and fearing. The game will either end with you guys winning in the opener or last until the next ascend which you most likely will win at as well.

Lock shaman compositions are also where mistweaver beastcleave is strong against over priest variant. MW beast is actually insanely strong, just it's more fun playing with a priest tbh. Every time I had played it to high ratings it just felt so simple. And yeah MW is boring in the comp. MW in Monk beastcleave (Or honestly just in any MW shaman) just keeps us up forever until we get an ascendance where we one shot something, even if we fuck up ccs constantly. Priest variant just has more cc and it's more fun even though it dies a lot easier.

Edited by Dillypoo, 29 June 2014 - 04:35 PM.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#35 Esiwdeer

Esiwdeer
  • Reedwise
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 276
  • 3v3: 1704
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

i doubt beastcleave has changed that much over the years

if you dont use a priest you are doing it wrong

#36 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

i doubt beastcleave has changed that much over the years

if you dont use a priest you are doing it wrong

Sort of. Priest has so much more offensive abilities that make it strong for the comp. But then MW lets you live forever till you eventually just get a 1 shot. MW is a lot easier to pull off in the comp, and honestly is a lot stronger than priest in many match ups.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#37 Esiwdeer

Esiwdeer
  • Reedwise
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 276
  • 3v3: 1704
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

If you are running around just training something for 3 minutes and randomly spamming your CC on the healer, I believe Mistweaver could be comparable.

If you're trying to kill someone in the opener(which has always been the intention of Beastcleave) a Priest is simply invaluable. It would be like saying you could play RMP at lower MMR if the Rogue and Mage just wanted to mindlessly cleave and sometimes CC the enemy healer - MW would be great for something like that.

The strength of Beastcleave is: two classes that are normally trained get paired together forcing the enemy team to make a rough decision, and superiority in terms of cyclical CC. It has been nerfed considerably since TBC(DR sharing) but at a top level, you just can't replace a Priest.

People say it's strong but I think it's the same as Paladin in the later stages of the game. If I was making a Beastcleave, I'd want a Priest. I just don't see how you go without MD and Fear.

my point was, just because Hunter is a retard class now doesn't mean you're not capable of the same precision that an RMP is capable of. Beastcleave has an extremely strong opener, made even stronger by Priest. Any comp that relies on an opener is made better with a Priest - this is a tradeoff that has been in the game since the arena began. If you want to cleave and run around until somebody is out of CDs, you're not very good at arena.

If you want a strategic, sound comp, a Priest is fine. If a game goes to the point where you're out of Deterrences or the Priest is OOM, you guys fucked up.

I'm just saying, I don't think you need all the longevity and healing. I think it's better to invest in an offense, and that's where Priest shines. You can kill Mages the same now as Beastcleave ever could, why not bring MD?

Edited by Esiwdeer, 29 June 2014 - 05:22 PM.

#38 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

If you are running around just training something for 3 minutes and randomly spamming your CC on the healer, I believe Mistweaver could be comparable.

If you're trying to kill someone in the opener(which has always been the intention of Beastcleave) a Priest is simply invaluable. It would be like saying you could play RMP at lower MMR if the Rogue and Mage just wanted to mindlessly cleave and sometimes CC the enemy healer - MW would be great for something like that.

The strength of Beastcleave is: two classes that are normally trained get paired together forcing the enemy team to make a rough decision, and superiority in terms of cyclical CC. It has been nerfed considerably since TBC(DR sharing) but at a top level, you just can't replace a Priest.

People say it's strong but I think it's the same as Paladin in the later stages of the game. If I was making a Beastcleave, I'd want a Priest. I just don't see how you go without MD and Fear.

my point was, just because Hunter is a retard class now doesn't mean you're not capable of the same precision that an RMP is capable of. Beastcleave has an extremely strong opener, made even stronger by Priest. Any comp that relies on an opener is made better with a Priest - this is a tradeoff that has been in the game since the arena began. If you want to cleave and run around until somebody is out of CDs, you're not very good at arena.

If you want a strategic, sound comp, a Priest is fine. If a game goes to the point where you're out of Deterrences or the Priest is OOM, you guys fucked up.

I'm just saying, I don't think you need all the longevity and healing. I think it's better to invest in an offense, and that's where Priest shines. You can kill Mages the same now as Beastcleave ever could, why not bring MD?

Ya I don't disagree. That's exactly why I dislike MW version, you kind of just randomly win doing whatever you want lol. Priest variant allows you to do all those things that are listed, which makes it more fun and in general has more potential to win. My only point is MW beast just lets you be even more of a complete drooler and get high ratings, and if you know what you're doing as it you'll still actually beat almost everything with a MW.

Still a few match ups where MW is just 100x stronger than a priest though (HLS for example, priest is just useless vs that)

Edited by Dillypoo, 29 June 2014 - 05:33 PM.

Posted Image

#39 Mendicant

Mendicant
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

Even if you still do stack will and tremor you still really shouldn't lose to PHD ever as MW beast. It is probably one of the hardest counters for the comp. It is definitely possible to beat godcomps even as MW beastcleave. You have plenty of ways to prevent them from getting cc's onto the monk and your team. You mainly only have to worry about stopping polys/cyclones since you have nimble will 2 tremors to out you out of fears, not to mention the ability to snake trap + stampede fears, and just also prevent the priest from closing the gap to you and fearing. The game will either end with you guys winning in the opener or last until the next ascend which you most likely will win at as well.

Lock shaman compositions are also where mistweaver beastcleave is strong against over priest variant. MW beast is actually insanely strong, just it's more fun playing with a priest tbh. Every time I had played it to high ratings it just felt so simple. And yeah MW is boring in the comp. MW in Monk beastcleave (Or honestly just in any MW shaman) just keeps us up forever until we get an ascendance where we one shot something, even if we fuck up ccs constantly, Priest variant just has more cc and it's more fun even though it dies a lot easier.

Huh. I don't doubt what you say, and it's quite obvious I'm far from the best at monk. I played Rdruid, Hpal, and Disc all to high duelist at best. Which just shows how much Simpler?/And or easy beastcleave is.

Maybe it's because of that fact I'm not to great; But, like, regardless of the fact priest beast is more fun (Which is obvious...more fun to play all out O than just livelord til a airtight CC chain) I don't see how MW beast can do a lot versus God. It's pretty much always Priest Silence on me w/ DeepCS on shaman, followed up by PoM Poly/NS clones (Swapping a clone over from the hunter to me) and they pretty much always get my trinket.

And maybe it's bias; but I seriously can't remember the last time we gibbed a godcomp. Maybe Jahs, like 3 weeks ago.

And maybe because it's not to fun; but why aren't there more MWbeasts on the ladder if its so strong? fotm.info shows 2 above 2700, which one is shamguards and Dannycarey; and like 8? others.

edit: Also don't get me wrong; beastcleave is a low skillcap, low skillfloor comp, not trying to defend it in that way.

Edited by Lethargicx, 29 June 2014 - 07:41 PM.

#40 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

Huh. I don't doubt what you say, and it's quite obvious I'm far from the best at monk. I played Rdruid, Hpal, and Disc all to high duelist at best. Which just shows how much Simpler?/And or easy beastcleave is.

Maybe it's because of that fact I'm not to great; But, like, regardless of the fact priest beast is more fun (Which is obvious...more fun to play all out O than just livelord til a airtight CC chain) I don't see how MW beast can do a lot versus God. It's pretty much always Priest Silence on me w/ DeepCS on shaman, followed up by PoM Poly/NS clones (Swapping a clone over from the hunter to me) and they pretty much always get my trinket.

And maybe it's bias; but I seriously can't remember the last time we gibbed a godcomp. Maybe Jahs, like 3 weeks ago.

And maybe because it's not to fun; but why aren't there more MWbeasts on the ladder if its so strong? fotm.info shows 2 above 2700, which one is shamguards and Dannycarey; and like 8? others.

edit: Also don't get me wrong; beastcleave is a low skillcap, low skillfloor comp, not trying to defend it in that way.

I played it with vanguards ago when 2700 was still highish and we did really well with it on ladder, just kind of stopped playing it after that and he didn't really play it much with anyone else after that.

Anyways your hunter just should go posthaste vs godcomp, and whenever you get ns cloned/pom pollied he needs to run around and turtle, other than that you guys can stop all the other cc they have available. After that point eventually you just last long enough until you get an opportunity where they have nothing left really and you can ascend onto them. I might have a few vods somewhere of us fighting godcomp as it but I'm not too sure. Just play shaman pilar vs godcomp though, and you can win.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<