• Curse Sites
Help

WoD ret, the new 2 parts pvp set bonus is awesome !

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

Posted Image

It seems that holinka saw this video and finally understood that ret was very vulnerable to CCs ^_^

I hope that we will be able to stack the wings 50% cc duration reduction buff with the new glyphed freedom 25% cc duration reduction buff :

Posted Image

According to my calculations with wings+glyphed freedom buffs up a 6 secs spammable cc like fear/poly/clone would only last 2.25s (6*0.5*0.75=2.25) which is very good.

With Hand of sacrifice CD being reduced by 30s thanks to the new perk passive we will also be able to remove magical CCs on our partners more often. Maybe there will be a niche for ret as an "anti-cc" support/burst spec.

The only thing I'm concerned about is ret CCs because they removed blinding light. It's impossible for a melee class to cast a 1.8s fear/repent so that basically leaves us with a 30s cd fist of justice as our only reliable CC.

To conclude, I hope ret will be a more popular spec in wod.

Regards.

Posted Image

#2 Shinigamix

Shinigamix
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:08 AM

To me that looks op as fuck. I hope they dont implement glyphs like that to any class, and they could also remove glyph of lightning shield, block etc

#3 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1997
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 1243
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:28 AM

Looks good, tho it does seem like they're sticking with the ret-does-dmg-only-during-cds design, which is weird.

We'll wait and see, I guess.
Posted Image

#4 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostShinigamix, on 16 June 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

To me that looks op as fuck.

I think this change is fine. Ret performs very poorly against wizard cleaves like LSD.

Ret sustained damage is pretty low, they rely on the AW+HA burst to score kills. Basically, all you have to do is spam CC the ret during the 20s of AW+HA to prevent anything from happening. Blizzard understood this weakness, this is why they added this pvp set bonus.

View PostGigana, on 16 June 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

Looks good, tho it does seem like they're sticking with the ret-does-dmg-only-during-cds design, which is weird.

We'll wait and see, I guess.

I'm also not a huge fan of this design, I'd rather have more sustained damage and less burst but as you said wait & see.

Regards.

Posted Image

#5 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gnomeregan
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2429
  • 3v3: 2768
  • 5v5: 672

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

They've mentioned the more damage outside of CDs thing as a big request from a lot of classes.

Currently you either score a kill with all CDs up or 20-30 second CC chains, which isn't very fun. Looking foward to these ret changes, I might even start playing mine again

Edited by Speedymart, 16 June 2014 - 10:57 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Shinigamix

Shinigamix
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:05 AM

View Postglonglon, on 16 June 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

I think this change is fine. Ret performs very poorly against wizard cleaves like LSD.

Ret sustained damage is pretty low, they rely on the AW+HA burst to score kills. Basically, all you have to do is spam CC the ret during the 20s of AW+HA to prevent anything from happening. Blizzard understood this weakness, this is why they added this pvp set bonus.

I'm also not a huge fan of this design, I'd rather have more sustained damage and less burst but as you said wait & see.

Regards.

Not like i havent playd with ret this season or dont know how they works. I understand your point tho, but i dont like mechanisms like this. Oh well i quess it will be php rape with bm hunters start of wod i quess, so not bad for me but i still think this isnt the right solution to change rets.

#7 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Can always just go back to tunneling the Ret though. Easy pts.

#8 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

View PostShinigamix, on 16 June 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

i quess it will be php rape with bm hunters start of wod i quess, so not bad for me but i still think this isnt the right solution to change rets.

Let's not be hasty, we need to play beta before drawing any conclusions.

View PostFeliclandelo, on 16 June 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Blizzard said they'll lower battle fatigue in wod, I hope this will be enough to increase our survivability.

Regards.

Posted Image

#9 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1883
  • 3v3: 2157
  • 5v5: 1797
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationUS

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

View Postglonglon, on 16 June 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

Let's not be hasty, we need to play beta before drawing any conclusions.

Blizzard said they'll lower battle fatigue in wod, I hope this will be enough to increase our survivability.

Regards.

Battel fatigue should be completely removed. its stupid. Especially when it affects things such as PWS, AMS, ice barrier, etc.
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#10 DjBenx

DjBenx

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostClamnesia, on 16 June 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

AMS

I love it when my AMS gets absorbed by a Lava Burst or Ice Lance

#11 Hankx

Hankx
  • Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

Trust me no one cares about Ret pally , if u just say something about "huntard 1 spell change u will get ur self 100 pages" or warriors ofc..

#12 sheenecek

sheenecek
  • Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 16 June 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

What Felic said...and to the topic.This discovery took Blizzard 5 years to discover? GZ to them. Maybe they will after next 5 years find out that Ret needs a snare.

#13 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • 2v2: 2448
  • 3v3: 3009
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

Saw this before. Looked sweet until I realised all the other classes get crazy 2/4 pc bonuses too.
http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

View Postgravyrainbow, on 08 October 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

#14 Thazable

Thazable
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2469
  • 3v3: 2868
  • 5v5: 1893

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

Looks great, wondering how it will work out in connection with the CC changes overall and especially the fear nerf.
Posted Image

#15 TheFoole

TheFoole
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1807
  • 3v3: 2086
  • 5v5: 1909
  • RBG: 1773
  • LocationHuntington Beach Ca

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:13 PM

rets are still shit

#16 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:38 AM

I love how they're making this set bonus 2/5pc, so PvE-ers can still easily get it without having to actually spend any time doing PvP.
Posted Image

#17 Kynox

Kynox
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Boulderfist
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

Not pointing towards rets here, but I think it's stupid to tie CC reductions to offensive cooldowns. I'd rather they would just give more substained damage, or something like CC is reduced by 15% at all times. The less mongo worry-free buttons the better.
If I remember correct the warrior 4 set bonus is also tied to an offensive cooldown (Reck) and for ele too.
I've never liked the idea of having to play around procs and offensive cd's but these set bonuses promote just that.

#18 Hankx

Hankx
  • Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

just saying .. when rets will ever be good? season 5 first half of it ,and season 13 the last half of it ... then where is the 10 years of wow?

look at Mages <------10 years good

Hunters <------ 2 years of mop 1 year of cata and all vanila

Warriors <----- there is always something with this class  always OP half of any Xpac  "But in all mop"

Warlocks <------ Cata , Half mop , All TBC

SP <----- all mop and half cata "don't remember TBC"

Rogues <------ Ohh this class always have something even if u think it's shit ,it's always for ever RMP ALL CATA s13 s14 s15 s8 s7 always have a way to achiv things

Feral <----- Lol even tho ppl QQing about how underpower they are atm ,They still MORE than rets in every ladder , s13 Ppl was talking shit about the only comp Ret had "still do" PHP but wait a sec Jungle Cleave was kickass more than PHP (Tree stuns all the other team , Clone every 20 sec vs hoh evey 30 sec  insta & Symb Clone to the priest) but no one remember that ...

Enh<------ is it a spec? 3 spells and purge for the rest of the game still one shoting players below 200k HP "And never forget in WoTLK"

Let's Be Honest Here!!

Have you ever see a RET in Blizzcon arena? NO.

We saw all the rest classes but never saw Ret.. At some point i feel as a Paladin it's "GO holy or GO home" , Shit guys wake up get overpowered it's ok .. I feel rets are like "No blizz we think this is OP for us" it's like (you guys are used to be dogs or slaves)

I just don't understand this .. I've been kissing ppl asses all MoP just to play with me and hell i know am fucking better than them i have achived glad 3 times and they are MoP hero's , Fuck even if we win games in 3v3 DEEP inside me as a ret i always say "How the fuck the other team lost?!" or "Ewh it was a close one" ..  

Am bored and sick of it just man up for once for fuck sake.

#19 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

@ Hankx

Healer classes always have problems with their dps specs being unreliable. Feral/boomkin/retri/enh has always been either OP or dog, shadow priests had some terribad seasons (though it seems to me to be more stable than most hybrid dps specs), and even WW monks are very hit and miss. Only ele shamans seems to be consistently good ever since TBC (and in TBC they were mostly needed cuz of bloodlust).

Pretty much the only hybrid specs you can rely on being at least decent are the healing ones.

EDIT: So the good thing here is, in WoD we get universal PvP gear for all 3 pala specs, so actually playing what's viable will become easier than before.
Posted Image

#20 shackalackin

shackalackin
  • Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

Yeah because that whole triple dps and ret/dk/priest in cata wasn't annoying at all (season 11?). This kind of set bonus just encourages mindless gameplay. You pop your cd's while you have the possibility of being cc'ed through it, you deserve to lose it. Disarms are already gone, fears are nerfed.

Hankx you sound mad. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 of those glad titles you have were from the seasons listed where ret and their comps were broken as hell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<