Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Returning WoW player

Rogue

  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Randomizedqt

Randomizedqt
  • Members
  • Posts: 2

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:45 AM

I just came back to this game about two to three weeks ago after having been gone since early cata. Before I quit I was a 2600ish rogue and 2200+ on a few other classes. Rogue is by far my strongest and has always been my favorite class to play.

Now that I'm back I honestly feel like I can't do shit anymore as a Rogue. At first I thought I had merely lost my touch but I recently boosted a warrior and got it 2200+ 3 days after boosting it. When I play my rogue I feel like the only time I do comparable damage to a warriors normal damage is during dance. I used to be able to easily 1v1 almost every class and now I don't know if there is a class I could beat 1v1 to be honest. The only thing that I actually like about rogue's atm is the shurkien ability. Other than that I feel like my damage is almost irrelevant and the only reason i could ever win arena is because of the CC/Smokebomb utility.

Am I just being ignorant and does anyone have any advice. I would really appreciate it due to the fact that I love rogues and would like to stick with them.

Also I don't know why but I just feel like all the abilities classes have are just annoying and gay to play against. I don't think they are necessarily imbalanced but it's so unfun to play against a WW monk as a melee. Also some specs are super cheesy and seemingly poorly designed such as boomkin which seems like a offhealer with meh damage but increasingly annoying as fuck.

#2 zenga

zenga
  • Members
  • Posts: 337
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

View PostRandomizedqt, on 15 June 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

Now that I'm back I honestly feel like I can't do shit anymore as a Rogue. At first I thought I had merely lost my touch but I recently boosted a warrior and got it 2200+ 3 days after boosting it. When I play my rogue I feel like the only time I do comparable damage to a warriors normal damage is during dance. I used to be able to easily 1v1 almost every class and now I don't know if there is a class I could beat 1v1 to be honest.

You compare the easiest melee where up to a certain rating you pretty much can mash your buttons at random and do sick damage with the (tmho) hardest melee to play (warriors are incredibly beginner/error friendly). Not to mention that warriors can do really high constant spread damage (through their dot) and have high uptime, whereas a rogue is now about getting as many restealths as possible and burst during openers/dance. It's just no fair comparison.

#3 varellz

varellz
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:05 AM

View Postzenga, on 15 June 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

You compare the easiest melee where up to a certain rating you pretty much can mash your buttons at random and do sick damage with the (tmho) hardest melee to play (warriors are incredibly beginner/error friendly). Not to mention that warriors can do really high constant spread damage (through their dot) and have high uptime, whereas a rogue is now about getting as many restealths as possible and burst during openers/dance. It's just no fair comparison.

TL;DR  warriors suck

#4 Vengeful95

Vengeful95
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 221
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2177
  • 3v3: 2624
  • 5v5: 2011
  • RBG: 2099

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

View Postvarellz, on 15 June 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

TL;DR  warriors suck and rogues are gods.
fixed.
#R1 Rogue in several other mastrubating contests!

Drpro99 and Oscar9820 is the best people :333 anywhere everywhere. pls no ddoserino thx
Posted ImagePosted Image

Is this better? Drddoserpro

#5 Randomizedqt

Randomizedqt
  • Members
  • Posts: 2

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

Is there a point where my damage is going to feel super relevant or am i just always going to be peeling/bomb utlity class this patch?

#6 zenga

zenga
  • Members
  • Posts: 337
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostRandomizedqt, on 15 June 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

Is there a point where my damage is going to feel super relevant or am i just always going to be peeling/bomb utlity class this patch?

Depends on your definition of 'super relevant':

- if it's the amount of damage you contribute in actually killing a target after a swap/restealth then absolutely yes
- if it's the amount of damage on the scoreboard at the end of the game, and you compare it to pretty much any other melee, then absolutely not

Sub rogues are all about doing great short burst with restealths/openers. Outside of that it's a peeling/control spec.Willing to do anything else on your rogue is like wanting to do melee damage with a caster. Then you either have to play another spec (only very few are actually successful with the other specs in 3s) or play another class.

#7 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 542
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2448
  • 3v3: 3009
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

View PostRandomizedqt, on 15 June 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

Am I just being ignorant and does anyone have any advice. I would really appreciate it due to the fact that I love rogues and would like to stick with them.

Stay with what you enjoy and love. Rogues are quite viable, needing more skill and better partners than before to accomplish good ratings. They are definitely no where close to cataclysm mongo OP mode but they certainly aren't bad. They are in an alright spot being overshadowed by some of the more OP classes.
http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!


View Postgravyrainbow, on 08 October 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rogue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<