• EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fire 1/0/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1857
  • 3v3: 2339
  • RBG: 2412

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

sup
sorry, your post must be at least 2 word(s) long.

Edited by scuzfail, 11 June 2014 - 05:53 PM.

#42 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostFlavours, on 11 June 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

Let me use my defensive's in stuns and ill get back to you.

You don't need to when you have permanent barkskin
Posted Image

#43 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1596
  • 3v3: 2038
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostFlavours, on 11 June 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

Icebound gets you out of stuns.
As does desecrated ground.

We only have trinket. Killing Warriors 100-0 in a stun is easy enough as it is. We don't need to buff casters in any other way. /b Defensive stance is useless if you're stunned.

Really? all of that dmg reduction from just BEING in defensive stance is useless?
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#44 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

So what... you have to trinket a stun... oh no.. now you cant use your trinket on something STUPID just to stay on your target... Which you should have to do anyway.. Derp charge on 12 secs... heroic leap (with a sprint after it) intervene... slows for years.. etc.. warriors are practically unstoppable wrecking balls as it is.. you practically cant be feared... ever... If youre good... only 1 in 3 polys / hex / clone ever hit you... stun are the ONLY thing warrs are really susceptible to. I watched Snutz play warr the other day for a solid hour... He NEVER came out of defensive stance and topped dmg every game.. Why are you crying? Sit in dstance.. no need to worry about stuns... GG.
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#45 zzo

zzo
  • Junkies

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

View PostMarshmellow, on 11 June 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

You don't need to when you have permanent barkskin

View PostClamnesia, on 11 June 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Really? all of that dmg reduction from just BEING in defensive stance is useless?

If you're in battle stance for the stun, which is what this extension of the supposed addon would do, defensive stance doesn't matter in the slightest, we don't have the permanent barkskin. I'm not arguing that stances are bad, they're great. But it's pointless saying 'dstance to stronk' when the whole idea would make d stance obselete, just swap warrior the second he leaves d stance..
Posted Image

#46 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

View PostClamnesia, on 11 June 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

So what... you have to trinket a stun... oh no.. now you cant use your trinket on something STUPID just to stay on your target... Which you should have to do anyway.. Derp charge on 12 secs... heroic leap (with a sprint after it) intervene... slows for years.. etc.. warriors are practically unstoppable wrecking balls as it is.. you practically cant be feared... ever... If youre good... only 1 in 3 polys / hex / clone ever hit you... stun are the ONLY thing warrs are really susceptible to. I watched Snutz play warr the other day for a solid hour... He RARELY came out of defensive stance and topped dmg every game.. Why are you crying? Sit in dstance.. no need to worry about stuns... GG.

#47 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

View PostFlavours, on 11 June 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

[size=4]

If you're in battle stance for the stun, which is what this extension of the supposed addon would do, defensive stance doesn't matter in the slightest, we don't have the permanent barkskin. I'm not arguing that stances are bad, they're great. But it's pointless saying 'dstance to stronk' when the whole idea would make d stance obselete, just swap warrior the second he leaves d stance..

how is that any different than "swap mage after block" or "swap preist after disperse" or "swap druid after skin" or "swap sham after link" or well anythign else in the game really... OH thats right... cause even when youre not in dstance and you get swapped to, you can just switch dstance (off the global, right?) then shield wall / parry / rally / second wind.... lol youre a joke. more "defensives" than anything in the game.

Edited by Clamnesia, 11 June 2014 - 05:51 PM.

#48 Miette

Miette
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Blood 2/0/2/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2719
  • 3v3: 2894
  • RBG: 2471

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase make a script so we can track the warrior's stanze, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase im' begging you :'(
Come and check out my stream (mainly PHD DK) : http://www.twitch.tv/miettelol

#49 zzo

zzo
  • Junkies

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PostClamnesia, on 11 June 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

how is that any different than "swap mage after block" or "swap preist after disperse" or "swap druid after skin" or "swap sham after link" or well anythign else in the game really... OH thats right... cause even when youre not in dstance and you get swapped to, you can just switch dstance (off the global, right?) then shield wall / parry / rally / second wind.... lol youre a joke. more "defensives" than anything in the game.

Dstance is off the global yes, As is wall, but none of these matter when im stunned, you're not getting this are you? It's much different to 'Swap z after major cooldown x' Also stop quoting yourself, i read your retarded post once before i don't need to read it again.

Why is it so hard to understand, that as a warrior, i wouldn't want this addon to show warrior stance changes?

Edited by Flavours, 11 June 2014 - 06:00 PM.

Posted Image

#50 Spyrö

Spyrö
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1059
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationSpain

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

Ok, I'm doing it due to popular demand (sorry Flavour :().

Since I will be using COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED (same event that GladiatorlosSA) the enemy stance will be known since the first time he changes his stance. It can't be known if he never changes it, because there isn't any function to directly get the enemy stance.

Setting GladiatorlosSA for a sound alert for stance changes looks very useful too for swaps.

#51 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

View PostFlavours, on 11 June 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

Dstance is off the global yes, As is wall, but none of these matter when im stunned, you're not getting this are you? It's much different to 'Swap z after major cooldown x' Also stop quoting yourself, i read your retarded post once before i don't need to read it again.

Why is it so hard to understand, that as a warrior, i wouldn't want this addon to show warrior stance changes?

the more you cry, the more likely someone is going to make this addon, so pls keep going <3

ding ding above post, we have a winner!

Edited by Darthgnoe, 11 June 2014 - 06:10 PM.

#52 Anboniwow

Anboniwow

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

Can I use this to show wether I'm in shadowform or not? :)
Don't really need it but I'm bored ._.

Also, why is everyone on this forum calling each other a retard every other post Q_Q
inb4 I'm a retard : (

#53 Spyrö

Spyrö
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1059
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationSpain

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostAnboniwow, on 11 June 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

Can I use this to show wether I'm in shadowform or not? :)
Yep, the second script works for Shadow.

#54 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

View PostSpyrö, on 11 June 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

Since I will be using COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED (same event that GladiatorlosSA) the enemy stance will be known since the first time he changes his stance. It can't be known if he never changes it, because there isn't any function to directly get the enemy stance.

Setting GladiatorlosSA for a sound alert for stance changes looks very useful too for swaps.

btw would be cool if you could make it show up somewhere seperate, not just class icon, more like a buff. Cause not all of us use portraits :x

#55 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

View PostSpyrö, on 11 June 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

Yep, the second script works for Shadow.

Would it be possible for you to secretly make your addon also disable Gladiatorlosa? Without them knowing, obviously.

Back to 1300 guys.

#56 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

i understand that you cant swap stances while in a stun. get over it. you have a billion more utilities to make up for that. Save your trinket for stuns. Quit crying. Its only fair to be able to know at all times what stance a warr is in.. i mean sometimes its hard to notice that little animation above your head when you switch because there are a million other things going on... Such as: zoo from hunter, totems and pets from shaman, pets from DK, pets and whatever else from mage, pets and whatever else from locks.. ( i think i got most of the warr comps there) If you die in a stun, then the other dps youre playing with as well as your healer and YOU for that matter need to uninstall. Dont push in like a mongo retard in battle stance and get stunned. Holy moly.. they can see when im in defesive or battle stance now! My class might take a little more skill to play!!! darn.

#57 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

I really don't know why stances aren't showing in the form of a buff to begin with. Every other class that has a stance of sorts also shows it as a buff.
Posted Image

#58 Slavens

Slavens
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2367
  • 3v3: 2947
  • RBG: 960

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

View PostSpyrö, on 11 June 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

i love u

#59 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1645
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1334

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

I get your point, but at the same time, you make it sound like people currently can't tell what stance you are in. The thing is that they can since the visual of swapping stances is quite obvious. However, since you have no real knowledge on whether they actually saw it or not, the game will be played from there on based on assumptions (if you believe that they didn't see it you will go more offensive, while you will play more catious if you think they saw it), and if these assumptions are wrong, you might die/miss a kill as a result. Just wondering,but wouldn't it be better if you did not have to assume that they saw/didn't see, but you would know that they knew and play around it? I can't say for sure since I don't play a warrior myself, but would warriors really be unplayable if you could see their stances?

Finally, writing "as a warrior, i wouldn't want..." kinda shows your bias. Don't you think that it is better to look at it from a greater perspective, would this make the game as a whole more enjoyable/balanced? Not saying it would be, but arguments based on "Don't nerf class x because it's the class I play!" is just dumb nevertheless.

#60 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333
  • RBG: 576

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

Can we not turn this thread into a shitfest?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<