• Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostAyrasaurus, on 09 June 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

The ending is amazing :D
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#22 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for the continued support

new episode of californication is out btw

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15

#23 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1693
  • 3v3: 2124

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

View PostAyrasaurus, on 10 June 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

Thanks for the continued support

It was boring as shit tho :(
Posted Image

#24 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

View PostAyrasaurus, on 10 June 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

The show should have been ended like 2 seasons ago though.
Kitkat 4.4.3 is out :D

Edited by Djandawg, 10 June 2014 - 09:36 PM.

#25 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

View PostNaxsis, on 09 June 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

ok so like at the begining of the season you could see the number of players in US was a lot less than eu so that would justify the rating difference on glad cutoffs but right now on sites such as arenamate.net you can see this

but you can also see that there is still 100 rating difference in cutoffs, was just wondering what causes that if anyone can help
The total amount of players playing in EU or US has nothing to do with the rating difference regarding gladiator cutoffs. Neither has the total activity being different in EU and US. Rating inflation isn't a valid explanation either since it affects EU and US by exactly the same amount.

Someone also mentioned that EU > US, but he is wrong.

The difference is caused by the skill gap between top players (players at the top of the ladder) and average players (players at the middle of the ladder) being bigger in EU than US.

#26 TheFoole

TheFoole
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1807
  • 3v3: 2086
  • 5v5: 1909
  • RBG: 1773
  • LocationHuntington Beach Ca

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:28 PM

View PostKettu, on 10 June 2014 - 10:40 PM, said:

The total amount of players playing in EU or US has nothing to do with the rating difference regarding gladiator cutoffs. Neither has the total activity being different in EU and US. Rating inflation isn't a valid explanation either since it affects EU and US by exactly the same amount.

The difference is caused by the skill gap between top players (players at the top of the ladder) and average players (players at the middle of the ladder) being bigger in EU than US.

can i get an amen

#27 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1339
  • 3v3: 2727
  • RBG: 2108

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:08 AM

View PostNaxsis, on 09 June 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

ayra plz continue
on another note, does anyone know how long this season is gonna be? and how long is that patch where u do nothing but wait for next expansion

addon might be released in october/november (I don't even believe they'll release it in 2014)
6.X.X will be released 4 weeks before the addon hits (if I remember correctly)

#28 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2013
  • 3v3: 2710
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:00 AM

This. There are less good players on EU, except those good players have around 10 alts each.
Posted Image

#29 YesEU

YesEU
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2326
  • 3v3: 2457
  • 5v5: 2091
  • RBG: 2198

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

ok so like at the begining of the season you could see the number of players in US was a lot less than eu so that would justify the rating difference on glad cutoffs but right now on sites such as arenamate.net you can see this
Showing All
  • Posted Image 50.1 % (1004)

• Posted Image 49.9 % (1001)
but you can also see that there is still 100 rating difference in cutoffs, was just wondering what causes that if anyone can help
Naxsis finally making a half decent thread Kappa

#30 Esiwdeer

Esiwdeer
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 276
  • 3v3: 1704
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

There is absolutely not a difference in skill in players from different regions, there is only a difference in the amount of cheating which of course is only due to a greatly reduced GM staff servicing EU servers. Top players are top players, always have been and always will be.

The first time I ever heard about World of Warcraft, it was through an advertisement on the queue screen for Warcraft 3. That's entirely a PvP game, and they were advertising entirely to "PvPers" - people who used the internet to play games strictly against other people. Unfortunately for me, this community has always been a comparatively small one in the US, whereas in EU there weren't TV ads and billboards and shit advertising WoW at release - when did it even come out for you guys? I bet more of your initial community had PvPers in it than ours.

The much larger community who views ads on television, billboards, nerd websites, etc is the driving force behind this game's success, and is, and always has been, almost entirely American. They only want achievement points and mounts. That's the whole concept behind being a Gladiator anyway; it's a small community exalting a few people based on their performance - everyone doesn't try to be a Gladiator. There was that famous poll on MMO-Champion or whatever, like 83% of 25,000 active WoW players didn't know what the requirement for Gladiator was. Let that sink in for a moment.

--

But of course I loved Hydra's videos and greatly respected their RMP in its day. I really have no problem with Europeans being superstars. The problem is, EU as a region is too feudal to let superstars exist. The most recent ones you have humiliated themselves and annihilated their own legacy by cheating - think of all the American legends we have allowed to thrive and flourish, why can't you do the same thing?

Then again, nobody ever found Hydra with a copy of Kintt's ID on his computer. I think that as the game dies, the obviously inferior EU Game Master staff allows to happen in Russia what will eventually happen everywhere. The reason EU is disparaged now is because cheating is so rampant that there's no point for any American to take any of your arena achievements seriously because we still get teams randomly reset, we still get fucked with by GM's over R1. It's hard in America. Me and my guild could just be standing in Elwynn forest one moment, and running for our lives trying to dump as much gold as we possibly can in the 15 minutes we have before we get permanently banned. You ever get 800,000 gold in your mailbox and know you're about to get suspended for 3 days? Didn't think so.

It's like a war on drugs over here, you do a few carries and all of the sudden a game master is whispering you that you have 15 minutes to give him 1,000,000 gold or you're going to be permanently banned.

Remember Ringullio? I do, and the GM staff does. I had Ruthless Gladiator on two completely separate teams - 100% of games played -and they allowed every single person on both teams to get the title except me. I opened a ticket because it was obvious I had 100% of games played, and the game master literally replied, "I'll be adding a note on your account so that no one will ever help you with this issue ever again. If you continue to open tickets on this matter, your account will be permanently closed. Hope you didn't pay too much." and then he closed my ticket. His name was Rularkin. I swear that this is true on Denzel Washington.

Everyone real knows me as a player, knows it was me playing - I had just come back and just wanted to make sure I got the title from 5's for fuck's sake. That's just a personal vendetta against me specifically - that's a game master who actually cares. The game masters on US are still not fucking around. They're like the feds, they don't follow any rules and will fuck your whole life up. You can log on my original character right now and it has things that are permanently broken about it. One time, my Hunter couldn't get a single point of mana for 4 straight days - ticket after ticket, I had 0 mana. No one could help me. I died, I reset shit - 0 mana. Coincidentally starting the same day as the arena season. My character still can't like, zone into Molten Core and I can never click on that orb in Blackwing Lair. Seriously, the GMs on US are like a mafia.

That's recent. That's the game master staff caring about arena on US recently. I'm sorry dude, but until we have 5k rated Warlocks our arena accolades simply are worth more than yours. It's basic economics. Iconicus, the bringer of rain, still gets reset for no fucking reason.

Really? Do people who actually play this game think they're better than Icons? I know he doesn't cheat. Everyone knows he didn't deserve the reset. It is the Curse of Ringullio that will follow <IT GETS BETTER> to our graves.

--

R1 on Virbulsturm? Grats, bro. I'm sure you and обмансвиней deserved it.

Edited by Esiwdeer, 11 June 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#31 abolishedtehe

abolishedtehe

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

because obama.

Learn to vote silly yanks.

Edited by abolishedtehe, 11 June 2014 - 05:26 PM.

#32 Capstone

Capstone

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

Showing All
  • Posted Image 50.1 % (1004)

• Posted Image 49.9 % (1001)
you aren't reading the information correctly, it's just showing you which players are scanned which is always within a few of 1000 because the armory will only track the top 1000 players

this isn't true, it would only be used to explain a difference of top ratings relative to median ratings. it's actually the other way around

according to arenamate.com, inflation is felt at every level of cutoff, not just top ones, which indicates that inflation is consistent throughout all levels of players

first of all, the arena system is currently based on a zero sum model with the exception of how MMR seems to randomly affect some players' rating changes in some games. this means that if there were only two players, one would be roughly equivalently above 1500 (the starting rating) as the other one would be below, and the more players you introduced, the larger the margins would be further away from that number.  this is why the asian servers' top end ratings are around 2200 while NA and EU have both passed 3000. this is why it naturally makes sense that for cutoffs above 50% (i believe even challenger is top 10%) ALL of EU's rating benchmarks are higher than NA's.

the only way NA could catch EU is if top players were creating an anomaly where they more consistently beat other teams that can affect their rating than is likely, and in that case, it would only affect the top (or the bottom) of the ladder.  it happens to be true that such an anomaly exists. the 3000 NA teams are further from their peers than the 3000 EU teams - almost the entire first EU page is 2900, while only 12 players on NA are 2900, yet the top end for each region seems to be close.

there is more parity in EU, and less in NA, which is why the top end of the ladder looks similar despite inflation being more obvious everywhere else in EU's ladder. the reason all of EU's title cutoffs are higher is because there are more eligible players for the ladder to take rating from (currently 203696 eligible EU players and 184217 eligible NA players).

#33 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 2468
  • 3v3: 2768
  • 5v5: 2233
  • RBG: 2243
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

View PostEsiwdeer, on 11 June 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

I actually hear way more about ddosing and hacking in the US more than EU.

I haven't heard or witnessed anyone being ddos'd in EU arena in forever whilst everyone and their mothers makes threads about US arena ddosing. The only time I hear about EU ddosing is in RBG's which is pretty irrelevant anyway.

#34 Naxsis

Naxsis
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2217
  • 3v3: 2608

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

View PostYesEU, on 11 June 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

Naxsis finally making a half decent thread Kappa
y u no cap my monk
lf 3s on alt healers, got everything but monk..monk incoming naxsis#2507

#35 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

View PostEsiwdeer, on 11 June 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

"I'll be adding a note on your account so that no one will ever help you with this issue ever again. If you continue to open tickets on this matter, your account will be permanently closed. Hope you didn't pay too much." and then he closed my ticket. His name was Rularkin. I swear that this is true on Denzel Washington.

This shit actually happens on US.

I logged in one morning expecting to get gladiator, my team was in range, played 100% of games, etc. Instead I was banned. Send in a ticket to Blizzard asking why I was banned. A few days later they respond, say, "Sorry, it was a mistake, we unbanned you."

"Great, can I get my title and mount?"

"No, stop messaging us."

#36 Esiwdeer

Esiwdeer
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

View PostElorxo, on 11 June 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

I haven't heard or witnessed anyone being ddos'd in EU arena in forever whilst everyone and their mothers makes threads about US arena ddosing. The only time I hear about EU ddosing is in RBG's which is pretty irrelevant anyway.
Vocal minority of idiots who care but don't have ability to gain the reputation they think they deserve.

DDoSing is EU's legacy, nothing can change that.

#37 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2013
  • 3v3: 2710
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:44 AM

View PostEsiwdeer, on 11 June 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

Vocal minority of idiots who care but don't have ability to gain the reputation they think they deserve.

DDoSing is EU's legacy, nothing can change that.

I see nothing but EU RBG ddos threads
Posted Image

#38 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:08 AM

View PostElorxo, on 11 June 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

So did you miss the thread today that got locked about the two random eu rbg ddosers calling people nobodies because by some act of god they won an rbg without cheating. That's like a crack addict going on without crack for 10 minutes.

#39 Esiwdeer

Esiwdeer
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:23 AM

View PostStructural, on 13 June 2014 - 04:08 AM, said:

So did you miss the thread today that got locked about the two random eu rbg ddosers calling people nobodies because by some act of god they won an rbg without cheating. That's like a crack addict going on without crack for 10 minutes.
Imagine instead the psyche who values prestige in World of Warcraft so dearly, yet experiences victory so rarely it has become postworthy.

#40 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2173
  • 3v3: 2832
  • 5v5: 2039
  • RBG: 2221
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:05 AM

US Servers have players, typically those who are in the bloodline of the original Spanish conquistadors, targeted for resets/bans and such due to the curse of Montezuma and his unfounded revenge

Edited by Glink, 14 June 2014 - 10:06 AM.

Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<