• Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1646
  • 3v3: 1784

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

I recently came back to the game and I'm having trouble playing this setup. I used to play kittycleave in cata during season 9,10 and 11 and got to 2,3k~ without much hassle, but the setup doesn't seem to have the needed CC or pressure to land a kill this season.

I need some pointers how to play the setup in general, it seems hard to get a kill with only having one proper CC which is stormbolt > rep and my HoJ, and even that requires me to go to a vulnerable spot.

I'm not sure if focussing the healer is a viable strategy since we don't seem to be able to kill a holy priest or resto druid, and since every resto shaman pretty much plays with a lock the gate prevents any kill opportunity there is. Not to mention feral/war seems to be the worst double melee combo there is in pressure, at least from what I experienced.

We shouldn't be struggling at 1,8k since we're all three experienced above 2,3k and the feral was even rank one in TBC. :P

#2 ainfamousrange

ainfamousrange
  • Coconut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1326
  • 3v3: 480

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:21 PM

View PostNasrallah, on 08 June 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

I recently came back to the game and I'm having trouble playing this setup. I used to play kittycleave in cata during season 9,10 and 11 and got to 2,3k~ without much hassle, but the setup doesn't seem to have the needed CC or pressure to land a kill this season.

I need some pointers how to play the setup in general, it seems hard to get a kill with only having one proper CC which is stormbolt > rep and my HoJ, and even that requires me to go to a vulnerable spot.

I'm not sure if focussing the healer is a viable strategy since we don't seem to be able to kill a holy priest or resto druid, and since every resto shaman pretty much plays with a lock the gate prevents any kill opportunity there is. Not to mention feral/war seems to be the worst double melee combo there is in pressure, at least from what I experienced.

We shouldn't be struggling at 1,8k since we're all three experienced above 2,3k and the feral was even rank one in TBC. :P

Rank one TBC without playing after TBC < 1800 Mist of pandaria

#3 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

played kittycleave to around 2400-2500 we basically just trained the shit out of shamans.  Take note of warrior's shockwaves and do doubleshockwave on dps +stormbolt on healer, and u can free cast rep.  Get clones/hoj/blindings off of that is pretty good cc, esp since feral/warrior pressure is insane.  Also gate isn't a problem, just tell warrior to not use leap till gate, and feral can just run to him.

As pally just try to watch when warrior use shockwave on dps so you can get reps and hoj off.

#4 Hateformz

Hateformz

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

View PostNasrallah, on 08 June 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

completely different game mate
Posted Image

#5 Nasrallah

Nasrallah
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1646
  • 3v3: 1784

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:00 PM

I know you can't compare the game back in the days to current game. I'm fairly sure the feral played hunter to at least 2,2k+ this expansion, I wasn't trying to say that his previous experience should guarantee a future glad title or anything. I was just honestly surprised at how hard it was to get a kill against teams at this MMR which must mean we're doing something wrong.

View Postdjp771133, on 08 June 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

played kittycleave to around 2400-2500 we basically just trained the shit out of shamans.  Take note of warrior's shockwaves and do doubleshockwave on dps +stormbolt on healer, and u can free cast rep.  Get clones/hoj/blindings off of that is pretty good cc, esp since feral/warrior pressure is insane.  Also gate isn't a problem, just tell warrior to not use leap till gate, and feral can just run to him.

As pally just try to watch when warrior use shockwave on dps so you can get reps and hoj off.
Thanks for your reply, training resto shaman is something we haven't actually been doing a lot, but out of all the healers they're probably the squishiest against double melee. I guess our communication is one thing we could work on and I'll ask my war to assist me on reps more often and trying to shut down the dps when going on a rshaman for example. I honestly feel we're at a disadvantage CC wise against most teams and that war/feral pressure is not anything more spectacular than hunt/enh or war/hunt while having less CC options.
The setup doesn't feel squishy and I think we should counter most melee cleaves, it's just that games go on for way to long due to their healer not being CC'd a lot. I'm not a huge fan of standing close to a rdruid/holy priest due to the chastise and rdruids disorient leading to a cyclone/fear, so it takes some effort to actually get close to him and either HoJ + rep him Storm bolt + Rep or in most cases.

#6 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:00 AM

View PostNasrallah, on 08 June 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

I know you can't compare the game back in the days to current game. I'm fairly sure the feral played hunter to at least 2,2k+ this expansion, I wasn't trying to say that his previous experience should guarantee a future glad title or anything. I was just honestly surprised at how hard it was to get a kill against teams at this MMR which must mean we're doing something wrong.

Thanks for your reply, training resto shaman is something we haven't actually been doing a lot, but out of all the healers they're probably the squishiest against double melee. I guess our communication is one thing we could work on and I'll ask my war to assist me on reps more often and trying to shut down the dps when going on a rshaman for example. I honestly feel we're at a disadvantage CC wise against most teams and that war/feral pressure is not anything more spectacular than hunt/enh or war/hunt while having less CC options.
The setup doesn't feel squishy and I think we should counter most melee cleaves, it's just that games go on for way to long due to their healer not being CC'd a lot. I'm not a huge fan of standing close to a rdruid/holy priest due to the chastise and rdruids disorient leading to a cyclone/fear, so it takes some effort to actually get close to him and either HoJ + rep him Storm bolt + Rep or in most cases.

From my experience I've never had games go longer than like 5 minutes, if both your dps are geared they might be doing something wrong.  Training resto shams is like the only point of this comp because warriors and ferals are super hard to kill and have really high damage and uptime (really hard to peel).  Against resto sham teams you need to be trying to cc the dps as much as possible so they get better uptime and more damage.  It's not a lot of cc compared to say godcomp, but what you do have you have to make use of.

The best piece of advice I can give you is: damage first, cc later.  It sounds retarded but if you follow that you might get a lot more kills.  Like, don't cyclone and then start hitting someone, get them low like 60-70% and then cc when the come to heal etc.  It is a mistake I see a lot of low rated players making and really helps when playing cleave and you don't have a lot of cc.  Run in like a retard and start raping kids don't try to play smart like in previous expansions.

As the pally just make sure you are always ccing people and keeping everyone up, no games should go that long because you will either lose or kill someone (except maybe vs lsd)

#7 Shinigamix

Shinigamix
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

The sole point of kittycleave is train the rshaman, if you have not been doing that you can assume pretty much everything else you have been doing has been wrong choice.

#8 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

View PostShinigamix, on 09 June 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

The sole point of kittycleave is train the rshaman, if you have not been doing that you can assume pretty much everything else you have been doing has been wrong choice.

LOL +1

#9 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:37 PM

View Postainfamousrange, on 08 June 2014 - 09:21 PM, said:

I am Neorsaurfang
What power do I get?

#10 EARLsweat

EARLsweat
  • Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

this is a perfect fucking example of catadogs getting some rating

l2p really

#11 Rallo

Rallo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Guardian 2/0/1/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1765
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 1763
  • RBG: 1329

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

I've started playing kitty yesterday, me and my teammates had a lot of fun although I'm having problems assisting them.
Most of the times my dispel priority is the Feral abd my freedom is the Warrior.
I try to Blind both dps after doubleshockwave although I've heard people are using rep.
And in case I run with Fist of Justice should I hoh the healer my team tunnels or one of the dps'ers?
Up to this point I was watching healer's DR and full stunned him to help them nuke him down.
If he has DR I would stun the most supporting dps of their comp.

Also I'm running Glyphs of Beacon, Denounce and the 1 Holy power on stun.

jaime maek goodest post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<