• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 swidgin

swidgin
  • Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

Ok call me crazy but....

What Devs want for WOD,

Less CC... DRs into fewer categories so CC isn't as annoying or OP... less NON-castable CCs....More rogues playing WOW (I'll explain this one, its a reach but I think it will help with more PVP rogues and Comp)

I have a little help for them in all these areas. Do this and it helps to fix all of these problems. Keep in mind this is for what the Devs are looking to do in WOD and only that.
Make Deep Freeze a slow (Maybe 75%) It keeps it's freeze effect so you can still Shatter but it solves some issues..

1) Less CC
2) Takes a stunlock away from a class with loads of control anyway
3) Still allows the mage to kite out if target is close (The slow effect)
4) No longer a instant 5 second CC that they are trying to take out of the game (Every 30 sec)
and 5)... I would really like to play mage-rogue or RMP again. I understand that there are high skill players that still play this comp at a high level but the DR on Stun lock hurts my head

Don't kill me on this one it's my first post. I'm sure this is going to be a bad idea with flaws everywhere but what do you think?

#2 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

frost mage is in quite a horrible state at the moment on alpha, pvp wise, so i really don't think we need to remove something that has been a key part of the spec since wotlk :)

5)... I would really like to play mage-rogue or RMP again. I understand that there are high skill players that still play this comp at a high level but the DR on Stun lock hurts my head

stun a different target to your rogue then? :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 06 June 2014 - 07:27 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#3 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arcane 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 3v3: 2284
  • RBG: 192

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

frost mage is in quite a horrible state at the moment on alpha, pvp wise

how does frostbomb works exactly? seems like a stupid mechanic that requires a lot of setup in order to to dmg :S

#4 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

how does frostbomb works exactly? seems like a stupid mechanic that requires a lot of setup in order to to dmg :S

same cast time as on live, places a debuff on the target, while the debuff is up every time you hit the target with an icelance that considers the target frozen (fingers of frost or target in a nova etc), the bomb explodes for more damage

hopefully they remake it just because of how stupid it feels, if you get no procs for a while then the talent is completely useless and if you get overloaded with procs then the talent is stupidly broken compared to the others on the tier since they are all a fixed amount of damage

they basically removed everything that was fun about the spell, and kept all the things that felt really horrible, its a shame :(

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 06 June 2014 - 08:39 PM.

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#5 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

same cast time as on live, places a debuff on the target, while the debuff is up every time you hit the target with an icelance that considers the target frozen (fingers of frost or target in a nova etc), the bomb explodes for more damage

hopefully they remake it just because of how stupid it feels, if you get no procs for a while then the talent is completely useless and if you get overloaded with procs then the talent is stupidly broken compared to the others on the tier that are all a fixed amount of damage

they basically removed everything that was fun about the spell, and kept all the things that felt really horrible, its a shame :(

wow that sucks so much , u need to setup so much to do dmg...

#6 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

wow that sucks so much , u need to setup so much to do dmg...

just wait till you get the new brainfreeze :)

#7 Nexxer

Nexxer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2149
  • 3v3: 2879

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

mages once again need setup to do dmg :(

call the police

Edited by Nexxer, 06 June 2014 - 10:28 PM.

#8 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

call the police

once again?when did they?exactly, never.

#9 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

just wait till you get the new brainfreeze :)

ain't the new brainfreeze a castime reduce on ffb?

#10 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:54 PM

ain't the new brainfreeze a castime reduce on ffb?

no, just a damage increase

cast time is around 2.3 seconds with the haste on starter gear, it feels really really fun :D jk

saying that, brainfreeze procs are now completely tied to frostbolt casts, so dont expect to get many of them in arena anyway :)

call the police

you do no damage for 30 seconds while you try to bank fingers of frost procs, then you frostbomb deepfreeze and spam icelance into the deepfreeze, if the target doesn't die you go back to doing no damage for 30 seconds and waiting for deepfreeze cooldown

"setup"

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 06 June 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#11 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:08 PM

you do no damage for 30 seconds while you try to bank fingers of frost procs, then you frostbomb deepfreeze and spam icelance into the deepfreeze, if the target doesn't die you go back to doing no damage for 30 seconds and waiting for deepfreeze cooldown

"setup"

well technically that's called a setup :P , u frostbomb target + deep + shatter then repeat.Or u can skip deep and just pet nova shatter.
I'm glad they made frostbomb a thing again , felt weird to use a fire dot spell as frost, still does .

Edited by Artofmage, 06 June 2014 - 11:08 PM.

#12 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:20 PM

well technically that's called a setup :P , u frostbomb target + deep + shatter then repeat.Or u can skip deep and just pet nova shatter.
I'm glad they made frostbomb a thing again , felt weird to use a fire dot spell as frost, still does .

theres no point frostbolting into deepfreeze if frostbomb is up, a non fof icelance into deep + the frostbomb damage that causes is far more damage then a frostbolt :(

felt weird to use a fire dot spell as frost, still does .

i never quite get it when people say this, if you tmorph the dot to have a blue animation and change the icon to blue does it feel less weird? :D

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 06 June 2014 - 11:31 PM.

#13 doublejump

doublejump
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 5v5: 960
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:38 PM

I'm mainly afraid that DKs will start wrecking mages again with their AMS, double grip, 4 trinkets, silences, ranged mind freeze, pet stun etc.

gonna be hard to play a mage and try to get frost bomb / frostbolt casts off, because the damage won't be high enough from only instants anymore i'd say

GUYS GUYS GUYS IM RUNNING IN I GOT A FEAR OFF THAT!!! Oh wait Tremor... OK OK OK Guys I got another full fear off that!!! Aw shit nimble, OK GUYS GUYS GUYS I SWEAR I HAVE A FULL FEAR! Fuck nevermind... Will. OK OK OK NOW THIS FEAR IS FULL!!! Shit he has tremor back up omg... OK OK OK NOW I HAVE A FULL FEAR ITS FULL KILL KILL Oh whoops... prep tremor... Damnit, I got a full fear this time!!! Oh... he trinketed it... next one should be full... FULL FEAR!!! He has nimble back up WTF.

#14 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1425
  • 3v3: 2379
  • RBG: 1624
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:54 PM

I'm mainly afraid that DKs will start wrecking mages again with their AMS, double grip, 4 trinkets, silences, ranged mind freeze, pet stun etc.

gonna be hard to play a mage and try to get frost bomb / frostbolt casts off, because the damage won't be high enough from only instants anymore i'd say

Wait when have they ever had 4 trinkets? And they either have a silence or stun not both unless they are unholy but most dks will use asphyxiate over strangulate which you can just blink out of.

I'm glad mages are getting toned down they are just to good right now. And are very forgiving as far as Burst / CC goes.

Wizards currently are like Assault rifles compared to all other classes who are just pistols. The game is extremely unbalanced and in the favor of caster's currently. I'm glad mages actually feel normal to play again instead of gods.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#15 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

I'm glad mages are getting toned down they are just to good right now. And are very forgiving as far as Burst / CC goes.

always amusing when hunters say stuff like this :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 07 June 2014 - 12:00 AM.

#16 Monsters

Monsters

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:02 AM

Wait when have they ever had 4 trinkets? And they either have a silence or stun not both unless they are unholy but most dks will use asphyxiate over strangulate which you can just blink out of.

Wizards currently are like Assault rifles compared to all other classes who are just pistols. The game is extremely unbalanced and in the favor of caster's currently. I'm glad mages actually feel normal to play again instead of gods.

Hi Pounced. :)

#17 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:08 AM

Really wish they'd remove double grip :mad:
Posted Image

#18 shackalackin

shackalackin
  • Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

I thought double grip was being removed in WoD?

#19 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1425
  • 3v3: 2379
  • RBG: 1624
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:38 AM

always amusing when hunters say stuff like this :)

Funny to see the truth or something? Get kicked casting poly no worries though in 3-7 seconds I can just cast it again. Some classes have to wait 30 seconds to try and CC again. :)

Hi Pounced. :)

Hey hey
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#20 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:46 AM

Funny to see the truth or something? Get kicked casting poly no worries though in 3-7 seconds I can just cast it again. Some classes have to wait 30 seconds to try and CC again. :)

AWOPMDIOAWNEFGOIP EMOPKM#" M;*!K?!?!?;?!R ?M!RM?!??!?!?!?!?

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<