Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:24. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

LSD vs Warrior Teams

LSD

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CityWok

CityWok
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

Hi all,

Been having some trouble lately playing LSD, we seem to have plateaued around the 2k mark
due to the fact that we lose to most warrior teams. On certain maps they will just train me (the lock) , for example I will gate and they will just leap and charge and continue doing so much damage and lockdown to me that I can't cc and so we lose any chance of counter pressure.

Could anyone help us with how to play vs this kind of playstyle? For example, should I be porting as soon as the warrior connects, or is it best to wait for some kind of cc on our rdruid?

#2 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

Hi,

Firsty, are you keeping your pet up? Soul link is such an important part of what makes Warlocks so tanky, If teams train you, and don't kill pet, the problem comes somewhere in your healer, or your pressure. If they are killing CS pet, switch to Voidwalker, you will notice you take alot less damage, and don't have to worry about ressing pet.

Secondly, use your gate effectively, don't just gate randomly, Shadowfury the warrior before you gate, or Root them, or Clone them, so then can't instantly connect, if you just gate without any CC on them, don't be surprised when they're back on you seconds later. Also, use your port effectively, If you're druids in CC, or your low, you can port LoS of the Warrior so it's hard for him to connect, Pillars are your best friend.

Lastly, You should be punishing a warrior who overextends. If he pushes in too deep in battle stance, he can die 100-0 In a shadow-fury during Ascendance or if your ele procs, If you can keep the pressure rolling it should be so hard for him to play offensive without sitting in D-stance or using major defensives
Posted Image

#3 CityWok

CityWok
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

Yeah I'm keeping pet up, I tend to go sacrifice vs certain matchups e.g wls, is this not advisable?

Anyway thanks for the advice mate has helped a lot!

#4 Divinious83

Divinious83
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1959
  • 3v3: 2207
  • RBG: 1695

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

Hi all,

Been having some trouble lately playing LSD, we seem to have plateaued around the 2k mark
due to the fact that we lose to most warrior teams. On certain maps they will just train me (the lock) , for example I will gate and they will just leap and charge and continue doing so much damage and lockdown to me that I can't cc and so we lose any chance of counter pressure.

Could anyone help us with how to play vs this kind of playstyle? For example, should I be porting as soon as the warrior connects, or is it best to wait for some kind of cc on our rdruid?

Also remember that you are not alone in the match.
*Make sure your shaman and you are coordinating to help with your peels. Earthbind totem and portal are very near in cooldown and the root is great for making sure a warrior cant immediately close the distance.

*Look to use thunderstorm for helping your round corners. The moment you hit the corner to LOS the shaman can storm the warrior in the opposite direction to get some good space and keep him from turning the corner and connecting.

*Dont be afraid to clone the warrior to create some breathing room.

*If you cant can't cast/can't peel/can't escape, make sure you're shaman is power healing. Stream and tide are incredibly strong with elemental, as well as a good clearcasting proc healing surge critting for nearly 150k. Lot of games go near to OOM very early from having to pump out heals to counter a strong burst opener like KFC, and if your healer says something like FULL TRAP....its usually a good idea for the shaman to just go ahead and assume the role of healer until things calm down and we're out of the woods for CC

*As flavour mentioned, be mindful of positioning and look to make the warrior overextend. Nothing will make a warrior get off you faster and run away than dragging him max range from heals behind a pillar and the shaman dumping a couple of lava bursts into him.

*Often times you can set up kills on warriors who chase the gate. Coordinate gates with shaman ->go together->warrior leaps to follow->LOS immediately after gate and coil warrior with you while shaman drops root/capstun. Nearly 9 seconds of lockdown, dragging a warrior LOS and wrecking him, those hurt like hell if the warrior is jumping all over you.

Edited by Divinious83, 04 June 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#5 Shinigamix

Shinigamix
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:05 AM

I dont play lock, but im pretty sure they are saccing pet against all other lock/dot teams.

#6 CityWok

CityWok
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

Awesome thanks as well Divini,

I see you mentioned Coil, I was under the impression that Shadowfury is most often used as LSD because Cap stun can be unreliable,
does your Lock go coil specifically for certain comps?

#7 Divinious83

Divinious83
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1959
  • 3v3: 2207
  • RBG: 1695

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

Awesome thanks as well Divini,

I see you mentioned Coil, I was under the impression that Shadowfury is most often used as LSD because Cap stun can be unreliable,
does your Lock go coil specifically for certain comps?

The main reason for wanting coil for THIS COMP is my fault as the shaman....hex is terribad... ALAS its good to make the most of it and allows for some SICK lock down burst if done right.

SO basically this allows you to once a minute do the following. NS Hex heal+double coil the two dps ALSO dark soul in there of course (2 min cd 2 charges) and double chaos bolt.
-Means entire team is locked down from only INSTANT CC (tough to counter)
-Means fear and cyclone and silence are not even on DR for healer yet!
-Means hex isnt instantly dispelled by the horde of people who can
-Great opportunity for the druid to extend for clones on the healer OR you can fear after the hex depending on comp/positioning
-With both dps low gives ele the same opportunities to cherrypick one of the DPS that affy can do with dropping multiple targets with good dmg
-I get that its all preference just in my opinion when i see a lock pop CDs they shadowfury, then land a clean fear then go for the chaos...by the time the shit lands fears half over...plus hex is going to get decursed like instantly....

Wait 1 minute. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Kinda the way mop is bursting around 1 min (orb) cooldown and kiting in between. Fortunately for you LSD is really tanky and can easily keep matches going long enough to do this more than a few times.

Edited by Divinious83, 04 June 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#8 Kurieb

Kurieb
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/1/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1693
  • 3v3: 2558
  • 5v5: 2268
  • RBG: 192

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:12 PM

TBH I have never had any trouble with any warrior comp as LSD.

- The main thing I could see warriors being a problem for if you are not dealing with them correctly by incorrectly using port/ gate and your ele/druid not pressuring/peeling the warrior off of you.
- Don't port back unless the warrior has used his charge unless you are avoiding real trouble (porting deep or reck burst) or will die if you don't. The main way to deal with warriors it to force their mobility before you port/ gate and making sure that your port/ gate actually do something.
-As for your ele he should be t-storming the warrior off you so that he has to use charge or leap to connect. Another big issue with warriors is shockwave grouping. Never let them get a 2+ shockwave and you're golden.
- As for your druid, they should be cloning and rooting after knock-backs.
- Lastly if you can get the warrior to LOS or overextend from their healer a cap totem/ bash into ascendance will definitely force a trinket or net a kill/ force the healer to push up.

Edited by Kurieb, 04 June 2014 - 09:13 PM.

#9 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:14 PM

LSD hard counters warrior teams like no other

Sit behind your piller. They cannot go offensive. If they do, shadowfurry/coil, followed by a root. If you want toss a fear in to really piss him off. The warrior will die. If by some miracle they all pushed in and you're unable to throw any random CC out, just port and do it again.

Warrior teams have a huge issue with teams like LSD, LSD2, and god comp due to how risky it is to go offensive. They only way I beat these teams is when they go too offensive and cannot pull back quick enough, or we pull enough pressure in the opener and they don't recover. You just need to play insanely defensive until your dampening friend kicks in. Alternatively capatilize on the warrior overextending. You could also randomly global someone with procs.

Edited by Speedymart, 04 June 2014 - 09:20 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users