warlock help spec 3v3 arena

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Alphric

Alphric
  • Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:26 AM

Hey there!
Apart from doing a few 2s with a friend last season, I am brand new to pvp, kinda running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Ive got two guildies who want to start a 3v3 group with me (they really want that mount). The 3s line up is lookin - boomkin, myself(warlock) and a disc priest. I am unsure of what spec to roll with and was hoping to receive some advice.

Other than that any introductory to pvp/arenas or something would be great-like I said- pvp nub.!
Thanks peeps!

#2 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:30 AM

You can use either destro or affliction.

When you first start, it is best to focus on getting personally better, learning all your moves, binding all your keys well. Once you all become good at the game, then start working on your comp and strats.

#3 Monsters

Monsters

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:18 AM

I agree with Regentlord, Learn your classes, bind your keys so you can learn to better yourself at your class.

The only other thing I would want to add is probably have your priest look at Holy instead of Disc. The way the game is right now Disc doesn't offer much. At lower MMR before you start playing people who know to dispel it's fine. Once you get to a decent MMR it won't be much fun for a disc priest.

#4 substance

substance
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1587
  • 3v3: 1816
  • RBG: 767
  • Locationbreckenridge

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:07 AM

http://www.arenajunk...lock-guide-547/
http://www.arenajunk...lock-guide-547/
check these two guides out. Afflic is less forgiving for new players. Destro is a lot of setup. Good luck. I am just a low mmr player but anything I can help with, just ask.

#5 Alphric

Alphric
  • Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:11 AM

thanks all!

#6 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1883
  • 3v3: 2157
  • 5v5: 1797
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationUS

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

Also, have your priest reroll Rsham. Youll find great success without trying.
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#7 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostClamnesia, on 30 May 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

Also, have your priest reroll Rsham. Youll find great success without trying.
This!  priests are the worst healers to pair with locks.

#8 mazu

mazu
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2117
  • 3v3: 2903
  • 5v5: 2353
  • RBG: 2179

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:43 PM

wow. arenajunkies being helpful o.O
Posted Image

#9 shunke

shunke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2105
  • 3v3: 2217
  • RBG: 1761

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

Learn your classes, bind your spells.

Always have a plan what will you mostly kill and how will you coordineate your cc.

"Im gonna start with pounce clone on healer you continue after with fear etc"

When you face KFC and they just throw every instant cc to your healer while they are killing you try to think how could you avoid that better and how could you counter them.

Dont go madmode when you fail alot, try to think what you could do better.

Goodluck on your mount hunt!

#10 freshfreefly

freshfreefly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1504
  • 3v3: 2421
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

View Postmazu, on 30 May 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

wow. arenajunkies being helpful o.O

View PostDillypoo, on 03 August 2014 - 09:44 PM, said:

GUYS GUYS GUYS IM RUNNING IN I GOT A FEAR OFF THAT!!! Oh wait Tremor... OK OK OK Guys I got another full fear off that!!! Aw shit nimble, OK GUYS GUYS GUYS I SWEAR I HAVE A FULL FEAR! Fuck nevermind... Will. OK OK OK NOW THIS FEAR IS FULL!!! Shit he has tremor back up omg... OK OK OK NOW I HAVE A FULL FEAR ITS FULL KILL KILL Oh whoops... prep tremor... Damnit, I got a full fear this time!!! Oh... he trinketed it... next one should be full... FULL FEAR!!! He has nimble back up WTF.

#11 Eviaax

Eviaax
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/2/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2276
  • 3v3: 2752
  • 5v5: 480

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

Demo rdruid boom
Highest Rated Demonology Lock US
Twitch: Http://www.twitch.tv/eviaaxtv
YouTube: Http://www.youtube.com/eviaax
Twitter: @eviaademo

#12 iQonic

iQonic
  • Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:10 PM

run affli and let your priest reroll Rsham, Disc is not viable in current state of game and even holy wouldnt fit in with Lock/Boomy, so Rsham is the answer here I'd say, Its a strong setup and what you can also do is 2s with your boomy friend to build up synergy. (boomy/affli best 2s comp)

#13 Flaybot

Flaybot
  • Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

I honestly feel like for players just starting out just trying to get their 100 win mount, priest will be fine, the current meta game at high ratings is much different than the players who just want to win 100 games and do decently while doing it.  That being said, the priest has to play holy, disc is just worthless in pvp, and I'd say just go affliction and spread damage. Make sure to be vocal about important things like when you use CDs, and wanting to set up CC on people with druid.  Also just make sure you keybind and keep a positive outlook there is nothing worse than playing with a someone who rages.

#14 Alphric

Alphric
  • Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:55 PM

Are there any ui that you suggest? I've bouncing back and forth between elv ui and Sparkuggz's addon pack. I saw Shinafae's UI from episode 3 of final boss tv and thought it was mega sex, but can't find out what it is. I know it's all personal preference but just like there's team compositions that are more viable or better/worse-surely UI's as well.

#15 freshfreefly

freshfreefly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1504
  • 3v3: 2421
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

View PostAlphric, on 31 May 2014 - 11:55 PM, said:

Are there any ui that you suggest? I've bouncing back and forth between elv ui and Sparkuggz's addon pack. I saw Shinafae's UI from episode 3 of final boss tv and thought it was mega sex, but can't find out what it is. I know it's all personal preference but just like there's team compositions that are more viable or better/worse-surely UI's as well.

View PostAlphric, on 31 May 2014 - 11:55 PM, said:

try not to use too many addons, it's better to just get used to the standard blizzard frames :)

only addons you really should use is gladius, i'd say :)

(i also use moveanything, though)

and possibly extracd or gladiatorlossa for newer players

View PostDillypoo, on 03 August 2014 - 09:44 PM, said:

GUYS GUYS GUYS IM RUNNING IN I GOT A FEAR OFF THAT!!! Oh wait Tremor... OK OK OK Guys I got another full fear off that!!! Aw shit nimble, OK GUYS GUYS GUYS I SWEAR I HAVE A FULL FEAR! Fuck nevermind... Will. OK OK OK NOW THIS FEAR IS FULL!!! Shit he has tremor back up omg... OK OK OK NOW I HAVE A FULL FEAR ITS FULL KILL KILL Oh whoops... prep tremor... Damnit, I got a full fear this time!!! Oh... he trinketed it... next one should be full... FULL FEAR!!! He has nimble back up WTF.

#16 Alphric

Alphric
  • Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:16 AM

I'll have to look into gladius I have no idea what that is lol

#17 Oohgod

Oohgod
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:23 AM

Except gladius is nothing like this, it's just an help to track dr and see what's happening easily, don't be more retarded than you already are

#18 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:50 AM

https://justgetflux.com/

Same thing as gunnar glasses, I recommend it to everyone. Amazing program.

#19 Abendschein

Abendschein
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1373
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationAlfred, New York

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:41 AM

View PostPawzz, on 02 June 2014 - 05:50 AM, said:

https://justgetflux.com/

Same thing as gunnar glasses, I recommend it to everyone. Amazing program.
Gunnars also help to keep moisture near the eye so blinking is reduced by a ton.

So if you have glasses, Flux pretty much completes the Gunnar experience. Also, a good side note, Gunnars with prescription lenses are fucking expensive as dick. . .
I'm still learning. ^_^

#20 Abendschein

Abendschein
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1373
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationAlfred, New York

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:59 AM

I've been gone from the game for over two months, and I'm catching up now (I got my weapon and had to stop playing, senior semester engineer and all), and I'm kind of in the same boat. I don't know the meta, I'm undergeared, and I'm just looking for people to play with.

It's fairly strange going from 2K+ since S6 to S14, then come in this season and not having played for an extended period of time. The game feels very different. SPriests and RShams are everywhere and are pretty decent, and a lot of my friends who were pretty good quit, or just don't care enough anymore to bring me up to speed.

However, that being said, I can offer some simple advice. Like others have mentioned, just do your damnest to understand your class and how it interacts against the others (enemies and teammates). Key bindings are a great thing; they bring your reaction time up a ton and you can execute plays and tricky maneuvers much more easily, as well as spells and when to use them become second nature once they're only a button press away. Oh, and speaking of button press, get used to playing with the option for spells to go off at key press, rather than release.

Get comfortable with your class and key binds first, then start working on synergy with your team. If you don't know your class that well, synergy is pointless as you won't be able to capitalize on all of the utility you bring.
I'm still learning. ^_^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warlock, help, spec, 3v3, arena

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<