• Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:14 AM

Earthshock interupt is now subject to DR

ES, ES, ES immune for 13.5 seconds.

There was absoloutly no reason for this nerf.

Patch 2.3: The death of shamans in arena.

EDIT: From http://forums.worldo...766078741&sid=1

Due to the way Earth Shock functions, once we get on the 2nd and 3rd interrupts, the person we're shocking will actually be able to cast SOONER than we can.

In other words, we actually suffer more ourselves when we try and earth shock the same person more than once every 15 seconds.

This is because Earth Shock initiates the Global Cooldown, which is 1.5 seconds.

So on the first interrupt, we'll be "locked out" for 1.5 seconds, you'll be locked out for 2.

On the 2nd, we'll be locked out for 1.5 seconds, and you'll be locked out for 1.

On the 3rd, we'll be locked out for 1.5 seconds, and you'll be locked out for 0.5.

#2 Krallin

Krallin
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Les Sentinelles
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:32 AM

:confused:

Did we really need this? that is so silly :mad:

#3 impel

impel
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:56 AM

No you dident, but look at the bright side. You are one of the easier classes to interrupt, and at that end of the change its no nerf.

Do anyone know if silence effects and interrupts share the same DR?

• Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:22 AM

Next step :
- Lightning Bolt will also damage yourself when damaging enemy
- Windfury Weapon will trigger the GCD

That's stupid... i mean, i shock someone, he gets interrupted for 2 secs (w/o paladin aura), then my mage teammate counterspells the same guy.... for 5,5 sec instead of 8.
5,5+2 < 8... with this change, earth shock is becoming unproductive. ><

#5 hick

hick
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:49 PM

ouch!
DR on earth shock would be a kick in the face

hope it wont go live

#6 Edril

Edril
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:19 PM

This change just killed resto shamans in 2v2, and made paladins the supreme healers. With DR on spell interrupts, paladins, the healers with the biggest interrupt issues just got their viability boosted to extreme heights.

#7 Ainbar

Ainbar
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:25 PM

So the class which is most vulnerable to interrupts (tied with pally I guess) gets nerfed the hardest when they add DR to interrupts. Cool.

#8 Barr

Barr
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:39 PM

It's not only a nerf to shaman its a nerf to anyone with an interupt or a silence. I believe that there should be diminishing returns on interupts and silences because teams that have 4 interupts and time them well can keep someone from casting the entire game. However, I do understand your complaints as shaman were already being phased out in arenas, and this will only add to it. Earthshield should be non-dispellable or have a 75%+ chance to resist dispel, something along those lines. I feel that elemental shaman will now be almost dead in 5v5, which is sad because I love playing with EM shaman. Resto will be the new spec and without any changes to earthshield, druids will most likely be the better option because of thier CC potential.

Buff shaman for arenas!

#9 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:49 PM

it still is an interrupt and buys you time to los that fear/cyclone/whatever. and in the end this change is really needed and will help you more than do harm.

i only fear this will result in a renaissance of pure mana drain teams (remember the hunter buffs). i see some really ugly fights coming.

edit regarding the ES problem: rather give ES heal on dispell than make it undispellable.

#10 Ainbar

Ainbar
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:57 PM

The entire strength of earth shock is the ability to work with your teammates interrupt timers so that you can use teamwork to keep a player locked out of healing (as opposed to, you know, pressing sheep, or fear, or curse of tongues, etc). Earth shock is an extra-ordinarily weak interrupt, interrupting the target for only 2 seconds. The strength is that while it is the shortest interrupt, it also has the shortest cooldown at only 5 seconds with talents. With this change, any bonus from having a short cooldown is effectively null.

Consider this: If I'm doing arena with a mage, and I see a healer casting a heal, I interrupt it. I communicate to my mage that he needs to interrupt the next heal, and does. In 2.3, the healer will be locked down for 2 seconds from my earth shock, then 4 more seconds from my partner's counterspell. If I just hadn't cast an earth shock at all, the counterspell would hit for 8 seconds.

Ele shaman were actually in a position where they were desired for 5v5, and while our 2v2 and 3v3 desirability was pretty low, it was fine because we were so good for 5s. They've nerfed our burst damage by about 15% to make us less viable in 5s (which of course makes us even more gimp in 2s and 3s) then as though that wasn't enough, they completely nerf our only interrupt to the point where after one cast it becomes BENEFICIAL TO OUR OPPONENTS in terms of our 1.5 second GCD vs their 1 second interrupt.

The thing that made interrupts overpowered wasn't that players working together could chain them to lock out a player, it was that counterspell and spell lock, in addition to not even being on the player's global cooldown, have extreme ranges and the interrupt on those spells is game-breakingly long, especially for classes who only can use one school of magic to cast with (O HI SHAMAN).

#11 Keline

Keline
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Destromath
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 05 November 2007 - 04:50 PM

There was absoloutly no reason for this nerf.

You say that, but I'm laughing. chaining R1 ES is one of the most stupid things I regularly experience in the Arena.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<