• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1423
  • 3v3: 670
  • RBG: 1828
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:05 PM

So my friend recently got his MW Monk to 90, and his gear is coming along, but hes fairly new to the MMO scene. I also haven't really played since Wrath, but I was wondering what makes this comp synergize? I am aware it is a Tier 1 2s comp, and we have already noticed how powerful it is, but what exactly makes it work? What should we be looking to do? Are we looking to have a crazy opener, or outlast? I don't really understand monks strengths and weaknesses yet since Panda is somewhat new to me. It seems that they have fairly strong DPS for a healer, and also have high mobility. Also the speed boost is nice as a DK (fk mages lol).

Anyway, I know this is a very vague question, but it is sort of intended to be that way. Honestly any tips for how we can work together (more specifically on our classes' synergy) to win games is what I'm looking for. Thanks so much for you help junkies! :D

And before any of you non-DK playing haters say it... I already got it... :P
1) Faceroll Necrotic Strike
2) Win
3) Repeat

#2 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

Survive openers vs double dps by blowing all cds, don't be a jew with cocoon, other than that spec stun on monk and let dk keep his strangulate silence. This camp's strength is in dps with gargoyle and xuen, all cds from dk and jade lighting spam while keeping them disabled. Decent comp to kill healers with tbh.

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft: CCataclysm

im an idiot

#3 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

Niss pretty much summed it up.

Outlast double dps.

Coordinate your cooldowns against healer/dps.

Edited by Regent, 22 May 2014 - 09:15 AM.

#4 Prefox

Prefox
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:19 PM

Use your cc frequently and check dr timers. Let ur DK solo the healers. ez pz. Also, doing 2s is something I assume you do to cap anyway so doesnt really matter ;)

#5 Monsters

Monsters

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:31 PM

Yep.

Live the opener against any mongo double DPS you encounter. Pop garg and xuen have your monk keep your target still with disable. If you don't get a kill you most certainly get CDs used. Next time you have CDs up they're in a pretty bad spot. As a priest who runs mostly Mage/Priest in 2s I can tell you it isn't a fun comp to fight. Beatable yes. But when we see DK/MW we understand it's probably a long game if they are good. Unless someone get's randomly gibbed for no reason (Praise RNG Gods)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MW, Monk, DK, Death Knight, Unholy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<