Rogue problems

Damage flare rogue Shadow Dance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Blockergon

Blockergon
  • Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:18 AM

Hey guys, i posted it on junkies forum, but i would like some geral tips too. Plz dont mess with the topic =/

I started playing rogue in S14, my main was a Fire Mage and i just hated rogue SO MUCH that i stopped playing it in 3 weeks or so. Now i got back to it for some reason and i just reallyzed that i LOVE it, just reallyzed that i was playing it wrong.

TL;DR : I started this season to rogue

Enough with shit-talk. Here is the thing, im playing Thug with a friend of mine and RMP(D) sometimes when i find a good mage and healer. Knowing that, i face the common rogue problem, i got eaten by hunters flare! They just sit on that and break my entire opening, since i lose subterfuge and stealth when step on that.

TL;DR : So first question, How do i deal with Flare?

Second one problem, i CANT shadow dance O_O!?! I dont know how to do it properlly.. i can use it to peel for my friends, like cheap every one or silencing that bursting lock and mage... but NO DAMAGE :(  I just panic for the seconds that im wasting since i dont know what to do!

Here are the conditions that i found for doing a nice shadow dance:

Almost full Energy
Making sure that mage/hunter doesnt have that blink/disengage

So, how do i Shadow Dance and dont look like stupid?

Extra info: im usually around 1600ish and have 534 ilevel.

#2 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:09 AM

Flare isn't usually used well by lower rated hunters, and the higher rated ones use it mostly to root/flare rogues so they can't restealth. You can actually sap people inside of flares if you are careful and do it from max range. Count the time that the hunter has flare down, when there is less than 8 seconds, sap him, then sap someone else and open immediately.

You seem to be asking how to play rogue in general, go look up general rogues guides, and if you have any more specific questions, then come back.

#3 Tuzer

Tuzer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1835
  • 3v3: 2507
  • 5v5: 2057
  • RBG: 2136

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:55 AM

View PostRegent, on 15 May 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

Count the time that the hunter has flare down, when there is less than 8 seconds, sap him, then sap someone else and open immediately.

No hunter will ever be outside of camouflage until rogue opens.(cant sap camouflage because sap seems to be treated as a ranged ability?)

#4 cubas

cubas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 1151
  • LocationPrague

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

Before dance, you want to have :

1) full energy
2) slice n dice up
3) bleed up (hemo or rupture or garrote)

Stun the target and pop on use trinket.

Then you do damage (ambush until 5cps, then eviscerate) you can add in marked for death eviscerate.

On dance bar you should have Ambush, Cheap, Garrote, Eviscerate, Sap... and of course other abilities.

Hope this helps a little, there are rogue guides on this forum, read them :)
:rogue: kidz

#5 Blockergon

Blockergon
  • Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

This the opener i usally do for my start without shadow dance.

When i OPEN with shadow dance i usally do : premed>slice and dice> cheap> hemorrage(cause i run with the glyph)> Shadow Dance> ambush> Kidney> ambush> ambush> Eviscerate> Marked for Death> Eviscerate> spam some backstabs and eviscerate again.

What i mean to Shadow dance is, im not stealth and want to dance and do damage, like i see some guys do it. One thing that im thinking to try is wait till no stun dr,  getting slice and dice rolling, get 5 points and wait for full energy, then dance, bomb, kidney, and ambush, ambush, evicerate, ambush, cheap, evicerate, marked for death, evicerate. What u guys think? It may work? Or should i do somenting diferent?

Im also thinking about vanishing after kidney, so when i do my first ambush it will proc the buffs

#6 sounds

sounds
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/.

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

View PostTuzer, on 15 May 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

No hunter will ever be outside of camouflage until rogue opens.(cant sap camouflage because sap seems to be treated as a ranged ability?)

Pretty much this, although with the way flare "ticks" if you time it properly you can usually get a cheapshot off through camo provided his pet doesn't autoattack you straight away.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Damage, flare, rogue, Shadow Dance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<