• 2v2: 1596
  • 3v3: 2038
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

View PostrageTG, on 14 May 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

.Posted Image

what are we even looking at here? Did you take this screenshot on your atari or?
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#22 rageTG

rageTG

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

View PostClamnesia, on 14 May 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

what are we even looking at here? Did you take this screenshot on your atari or?

Ok sorry, the joke flew over everyone's head.

It's a Kollektiv video from 2005 with Nagrand tornadoes, one of the worst thing's ever put into WoW arena.

#23 Hektic

Hektic
  • Junkies

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

They were up there with the ring of valor fire pits that broke you out of CC

#24 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/2/2/2/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 2336
  • 3v3: 2754
  • 5v5: 1913
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

View PostHektic, on 14 May 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

They were up there with the ring of valor fire pits that broke you out of CC

broke you out of cc.. orrrrr dk's that would grip you into them while you are being trained.. RoV you will be missed
Posted Image

#25 Icyfresh420

Icyfresh420
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/1/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2401
  • 3v3: 2766
  • 5v5: 2403
  • RBG: 2316
  • LocationFreshland

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:00 PM

The nagrand tornado was much much worse
It wasn't like what I've seen with the fire randomly spawning in the same select locations and doing slight amounts of damage
the tornado was pretty much random from what I recall and could spawn anywhere on the map randomly breaking blinds and shit
and if I recall correctly...it did a disgusting amount of damage?
That feeling when you're charging up a shatter
Posted Image

#26 Bluckstack

Bluckstack
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/.
  • LocationGijón

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

Seems funny, why not.

I started playing with my brother's account back in vanilla, i was only a noob doing bgs or farming but it was fun, i started playing this game as rdruid (Balthamos) got r1 in season 1 as rdruid ( 2v2, 3v3 5v5) in old "crueldad" where you were only allowed to face people from spanish realms ( there werent any cross bg que's, same with the rest of bg's), the times of the mace stun between pillars, when nagrand arena had the wind, when you were allowed to swap gear middle game, or communicate with the enemy team, funny times, rest of bc i kept on playing rdruid and achieved r2/r3 rest of the seasons ( kinda eclipsed by old x6 team, aka souler siler and falcon ) and i started playing warlock srsly back in s4.

After i rerolled to warlock (Blukstack) i got nearly every r1 in wotlk and cata aswell, but i didnt care that much after the first one so soon i started playing to qualify for some tournaments, thing that i did for the first time in the tournament realm of s9, most of you would remember that one on EU with teams such dakkroth mls with drudenhaus, fbyo another and gliptic, draintrainy & geru etc. I qualified for the warsaw regionals as 8th team with Methodx and Tharkum ( spanish team, splay) and even being no one ( we were no one compared to teams like fbyo who won blizzcon the year before, all the r1 stuff didnt matter, the level was really high) we made fbyo hydra and gliptic rage at each after losing 5 times in a row on splay mirror, they never played with each other again on TR. I think that day i understood that doesnt matter where you come from, who you re, or how much time you have been playing if you re not willing to do your best soonish or later you will get dethroned.

It was extremely epic to be fair, we werent even sure if we were going to get invited, teams were getting invited day after day and after 1-2 weeks after the tr qualification phase ended we were playing randomly on ladder joking about how we werent going to get anything and we got the invite. It was such a good feel to be around there with the best eu pvp players of all time ( Inflamex, Hydra, Khuna, Barburas, my boy zunni was there aswell, Another etc) it was so fun tbf, even if we only got 4th spot ( we lost vs fbyo's shadowcleave and dakkroth's mls after winning zunni's rmp) the experience was great, it was the beginning of something.

After that i started playing with more people, english people, because there werent that many good spanish players ( i think it was only me, methodx tharkum alex and siler around), at that point my english was SO bad, during all this time i have improved a lot. I kept on playing with english people and the next year i qualified with my boys swapxy and boetar for the next regionals (this time on cologne at gamescon) where we got 2nd spot as double shaman lock ( i know, scumbag, but not as scumbag as lsd !). The day we played it was the hottest day in the history of germany ( 41 degrees if i remember correctly ), it was the regionals of the 3x dps of enteyjin, and the rls of khuna flubbah and skenz ( we did 3-0 vs them ) and we made it to qualify for blizzcon ( that year was Battle Net World Championship on Shanghai), im not gonna lie, cata warlock was my prime, i think i havent enjoyed warlock as much as i did there, tryharding with eradications, cleaning tongues of my whole team when facing other warlocks ( moving my pet with coe 40 yd away, then making it come back so the aura of the jynx could remove the tongues of my allies, didnt tell anyone before, not even my mates lol ) it was really fun to be fair.

I need to do some stuff now so i might edit and continue later.

Edited by Bluckstack, 16 May 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#27 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

Titanmachine - warrior, in Dragonmaw PvP EU. It was my very first character in-game. When I saw the tauren class I fell in love with it, and I still morph my main to tauren :D I didn't have any noticable pvp achievements back then.

I recently found my initial account and Titanmachine in it btw:)
Xwede ji te razi be...

#28 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • LocationUS

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

View PostrageTG, on 14 May 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Ok sorry, the joke flew over everyone's head.

It's a Kollektiv video from 2005 with Nagrand tornadoes, one of the worst thing's ever put into WoW arena.

FFS the nagrand tornadoes! This was quite possibly the most ridiculous thing in arena history. lol
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#29 Ashleylol

Ashleylol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2337
  • 3v3: 2896
  • 5v5: 2690
  • RBG: 2281

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

adden i love you <3 no homo
Ashley 3000 rated rogue ~  http://www.twitch.tv/tierzx

Posted Image

#30 Esiwdeer

Esiwdeer
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 276
  • 3v3: 1704
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:22 PM

ya the game wasn't harder back then now it is more competitive than it ever was

just ask me or any of the other 4500 people who got r1 from 3s last season

#31 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

Started in march 2005. Cleared AQ40 up until P2 of C'thun and 1 boss in Naxx. (Razuvious)
Transfered few times, till i got to TN in TBC, from there on i was hard core raider since SWP till ICC. (world 7th on Twin Valkrys, 18th on HM General Vezzax, server first everywhere)
I quitted in S8 when everyone and their mother was playing ele+warlock spell cleaves, also the guild was falling apart with people being burned out)

Missed glad in S3, had 2.2k in 2s with DPriest and 2.5k in 5s, just didn't played enough matches, only joined up at the end.
Got rank1 in S4 with good old FMage, AWarr, DPriest, RDruid and enhance setup
Another famous season was S6, when earthbind totem gave freedom aura to every friend around the totem. I had 2,7k raiting with 89% win rate with FMage, DPriest and enhance setup, by far the greatest fun i have ever had, if we wouldn't have been 'forced' to play 5s to secure few more glad spot for others, we could have gone for rank1. That totem was so op yet so much fun, even was used on heroic anub arak fight (to help melees on the frost patches)

S5 and S8 was disaster for me, never again.

Returned just before 5.2 in MoP.
I think the game became way too fast and coldown based, i dislike the amont of burst and the amount of CC. I think they ruined enhance with the Ascendance spell and i dislike it very much, how it turned the spec into one spell pony.

Overall, i still enjoy doing BGs and 2v2 (by far my favorite bracket), dont play 3s and 5s anymore, way too high burst for my taste. Doing some causal flex and normal raiding next to it.

Edited by Darksoldierr, 14 May 2014 - 08:38 PM.

What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#32 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2415
  • RBG: 2376

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:04 AM

guess it's a matter of opinion, but I always liked pvp videos and no one really makes them anymore... so I enjoyed classic-early cata more, game felt more epic.

#33 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:54 AM

I love how people point to season 5 when someone glorifies wotlk. It's as if you people actually think anyone thought s5 was a "good" season. When people praise wotlk, they are talking about the fun/craziness from s7/s8.

Everything in terms of late expansions:

Nostalgia (I have no clue how to quantify this so maybe just ignore this one) :
BC>Wotlk>Cata

Balance: Every expansion sucks with this. Wotlk had the most overall viability free (I am willing to debate this any day), but then  you obviously had the caster/shadowmourne issues, so it's maybe something like this-

MOP(???, I played this expansion for like 2 weeks)>Wotlk>Cata>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>turd>>>>>>>>>>>>TBC

Arena Fundamentals:This is just pure arena skills that exist abstract of all the artificial "skill" created through all the stupid bullshit over the years. A general trend is that more ability float=less pure arena fundamentals and more reliance on how you use your cds. Arena fundamentals also factors in things such as actually having to cast, extreme emphasis on positioning, and coordination required. Because of the first 2, I put cata and much further down because that's when they decided that nobody liked those things.
TBC>Wotlk>>>>>>>Cata>MOP

Arena Fun: (this is obviously the most subjective )
Retail:
TBC>WOTLK>MOP>Cata
Going back and playing each expansion without all the nostalgia:
Wotlk>>>MOP>TBC>Cata
(tbc is full of so much terrible design issues if you actually go back and try it that it's actually hugely problematic. . . also the lack of balance and slow pace is frustrating)

Sense of "Community" and Life:
Wotlk(this is when tournaments became a lot more publicized)=TBC(more forum help than wotlk)>>>>>>>>>MOP>>>Cata
AJ completely tanked in cata. You used to be able to mash f5 on aj in wotlk and see lopez and friends everywhere. You could also find hundreds of pages in one tournament thread. In cata, it was like sometimes one post per day. MOP has a little bit more of a community as aj is more active, and there's more followings, and a little bit more of a yearning for more tournaments and stuff. People are also a lot nicer here than in bc/wotlk. That probably has something to do with the fact that many of the posters here have been here for a long time, and they are finally growing up.

PVP Videos:
I don't even need to use lots of>>>>'s because it's fairly obvious how this is going to go down. TBC and Wotlk by far had a lot a lot a lot more pvp videos. Cata had a few gems here and there such as Reckful 3, but in general people stopped pumpin them up. And now in MOP, they barely exist at all.
Speaking of WoW movies, this gets my vote for best arena movie of 2014 http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=240631 (of course it will never be popularized because it's 5 years too late but w/e)

TL;DR: Ban all Cata and MOP players from arena junkies :duckers:
I tried really hard to put cata #1 for one of the categories, but I hated it so idk.

Edited by ROKMODE, 15 May 2014 - 07:15 AM.

Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#34 breuerx

breuerx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1944
  • 3v3: 2185
  • RBG: 192

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:07 AM

*Cata/MoP baby maker for life xoxo*

By the way, Blukstack, you apparently went from not speaking English to people not understanding your English because of how fast you speak.

And,

You forgot to link your most epic video in the WoW community

http://www.arenajunk...n-by-zunniyaki/

Edited by breuerx, 15 May 2014 - 07:26 AM.

Hoz fails with his lock.

#35 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • LocationUS

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:03 PM

Im thinking WOD will be a good expansion. Well see what happens i guess..

#36 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2701
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2326
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostClamnesia, on 15 May 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

Im thinking WOD will be a good expansion. Well see what happens i guess..
What happens all the time
"This expansion sucks! Can't wait for it to finish. Next one can't be worse. Can't it be like the good old days?"
"One expansion later'
"OMG THIS EXPANSION SUCKS! I really enjoyed the previous ones. They were all better than this"
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#37 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostHiddenstalke, on 15 May 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

What happens all the time
"This expansion sucks! Can't wait for it to finish. Next one can't be worse. Can't it be like the good old days?"
"One expansion later'
"OMG THIS EXPANSION SUCKS! I really enjoyed the previous ones. They were all better than this"

Actually I hated MoP the moment I saw some beta footage, and I started hating Cataclysm the moment patch 4.0 hit live.

WoD, outside of few design retardations ( Fel Flame being a goner for Warlocks f.ex., why the fuck ? ), is looking pretty good.

Edited by Lolflay, 15 May 2014 - 02:18 PM.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#38 Capstone

Capstone

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

the nagrand tornadoes were not even a big deal

the biggest thing was they knocked you back, they didn't do that much damage, and they spawned late into the arena. it was blizzard's poorly thought out solution for games lasting too long

if you ask me they should bring the tornadoes back and they should only be behind pillars

#39 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2457
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 2693
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostEsiwdeer, on 14 May 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

ya the game wasn't harder back then now it is more competitive than it ever was

just ask me or any of the other 4500 people who got r1 from 3s last season
yet ur not in these 4500 ppl.

#40 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2457
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 2693
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

View PostROKMODE, on 15 May 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

Nostalgia (I have no clue how to quantify this so maybe just ignore this one) :
BC>Wotlk>Cata

tbc actually sucked pvp wise.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gladiator, 2200, TBC, MoP, OG, mage, priest, rogue, shaman, hunter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<