• Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1596
  • 3v3: 2038
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

Just curious about how many old elite players are still around and if theyre still playing etc. versus how many cata / MoP babies currently inhabit the top tier of the ladders.

For fun, lets all write down our character names / past names, the server / BG we originated on, standout arena achievements, When we began playing the game / arena,  and our opinions on the game both then and now.

Ill go first! =] =] =]
  • Priest / Rogue - Recovery / Deadwhisper
  • Server / BG origination - US Magtheridon / Ruin ........ US Blackrock / BG9
  • Date began - Started WoW somewhere near the time of AQ40 / first arena season was season 1.
  • Arena Achievements - Gladiator in seasons 2,3,and 5. Rank 1 near hits here and there. High warlord. 100,000+ HKs (Pre cata combination of all characters)
  • Opinion on the game - before cata, the game was a different ballground. Much more competetive, more honor, less scum, all around better. The game wasnt homogeonized as much and everything felt more special in general. I played a priest over any other healer because of the playstyle and what it brought to the table that no other healer had. The game took more skill in general. After cata, the game became world of MONGOcraft. People pop as many CDs as they can while blasting instant CC to rat their way up to the top. Also, the scum of the earth use every means possible other than playing and using their own skill level to get to the top. The game as well as the community,  is garbage in its current state.
what up community. Lets see who you all are.
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#2 KPul

KPul
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2365
  • 3v3: 2741
  • 5v5: 1949
  • RBG: 2288

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 Adden

Adden
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • RBG: 1341

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

As someone who has been around a long time, PvP was NOT better back then, nor did it require more skill. Why is every washed up player with titles from 6 years ago trying to imply otherwise? It's getting annoying honestly...

#4 Sneltus

Sneltus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/1/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 1577
  • 3v3: 1854
  • 5v5: 1913
  • RBG: 1882

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

You guys seem to forget you could get glad from 2s running slsl/Rdruid. Just as aids as any comp out there today.

spewytrons said:

lol just make sure ur mage is try to frost nova on dk an lot as much as he can for him to kite him a lot..thx
Hero will never give up,
never hide, never be defeated,
never accept evil.
Posted Image

#5 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2184
  • 3v3: 2880
  • 5v5: 2354
  • RBG: 768

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostAdden, on 13 May 2014 - 06:29 PM, said:

As someone who has been around a long time, PvP was NOT better back then, nor did it require more skill. Why is every washed up player with titles from 6 years ago trying to imply otherwise? It's getting annoying honestly...

Exactly this

#6 Nixonxx

Nixonxx
  • Nixonx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2300
  • 3v3: 2810
  • 5v5: 2403
  • RBG: 2202
  • LocationCarmel, California

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:52 PM

This post makes you sound very ignorant.

You provide little to no evidence to support your claims (e.g game somehow taking more skill, etc.)

You're just washed up and useless I guess, and no one wants to be your friend, so you probably made this thread in an attempt to better things for yourself.

Sorry things don't work out for you anymore; it's time to move on, pal.
Posted Image

#7 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

View PostKPul, on 13 May 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

Posted Image

Well, aren't you just great at pointing out the obvious? You took my post, added some red text and lines to it, and repeated exactly what i said throughout the entire post. I guess that somewhere near the end, i should have said, "By the way, I've played at all of the points in time and im biased."
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#8 AndrewB

AndrewB

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

You'd think that people would need some new material to beat off to after using BC and Wrath so much.

#9 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

View PostNixonxx, on 13 May 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

This post makes you sound very ignorant.

You provide little to no evidence to support your claims (e.g game somehow taking more skill, etc.)

You're just washed up and useless I guess, and no one wants to be your friend, so you probably made this thread in an attempt to better things for yourself.

Sorry things don't work out for you anymore; it's time to move on, pal.

Its all opinion. I gave my opinion. I could write a novel sized wall of text about the reasons in which that is my opinion, but i dont have time for that and no one has time to read through it all. You have nothing better to do than speak negatively on a thread? Ya man! Lets go on this thread and talk unsupported shit about someone i dont know and will never know. Its the rats like you that ruin the community and the game. The point of the topic was to see if any and how many older players are still around. If you arent included in that group, move along. To be honest, you can think im washed up all you'd like. I chose not to Q right now. However, any time youre feeling froggy enough to series me, hmu bud. After you play games against me, you can then form an opinion about me. until then, its just shit talk and a desperate attempt by you to increase the size of your epeen.

#10 Nixonxx

Nixonxx
  • Nixonx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostClamnesia, on 13 May 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

Its all opinion. I gave my opinion. I could write a novel sized wall of text about the reasons in which that is my opinion, but i dont have time for that and no one has time to read through it all. You have nothing better to do than speak negatively on a thread? Ya man! Lets go on this thread and talk unsupported shit about someone i dont know and will never know. Its the rats like you that ruin the community and the game. The point of the topic was to see if any and how many older players are still around. If you arent included in that group, move along. To be honest, you can think im washed up all you'd like. I chose not to Q right now. However, any time youre feeling froggy enough to series me, hmu bud. After you play games against me, you can then form an opinion about me. until then, its just shit talk and a desperate attempt by you to increase the size of your epeen.

you got me, man.

i'm just not a good person and a negative Nancy, a dark cloud
Posted Image

#11 Capstone

Capstone

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

As someone who has been around a long time, PvP was better back then, it did require more skill. Why is every MoP babby with titles in the last year trying to imply otherwise? It's getting annoying honestly...

#12 Nixonxx

Nixonxx
  • Nixonx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

whatever Josh says is right actually because he is a maaann

i'm gay
Posted Image

#13 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2501
  • 3v3: 2881
  • 5v5: 2487
  • RBG: 2551

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

This is highly personal, no? Some people think it was better back then (me included), some don't.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

I only started in WotLK, but I miss the days of actually having to worry about positioning.   You only had one trinket (ok, maybe two with wotf) and no defensive CDs to save you so you could die in literally one bad fear pathing.

On the other hand, I don't miss having to play with a shaman for blood lust.

7x duelist
1x R1 duelist
Honor buddy bloodthirsty title

#15 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:37 PM

View PostFizion, on 13 May 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

On the other hand, I don't miss having to play with a shaman for blood lust.

yeah, now we play with em for tremor instead!

#16 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

Someone spitting truth for once

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15

#17 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:55 PM

I've played all of TBC, WoTLK, played first half of S9, renewed a bit for last half of S11, bought MoP and played 1 week of S12, and playing now since start of S15.

All of those times I was moderately to highly successful, and I can without a doubt in my mind say that S2, S3, S7 and S8 were the best periods this game ever had. People are also saying that S10 was very good, but from what I've heard ( people abusing MMR like retards to stay at ratings nobody could even imagine of attaining after MMR's were reset ( I was given Sai as an example ) ), it wasn't all that great.

PvP was just better because the core of PvP is the community, and community was a lot less fragmented back then, and a lot more people knew each other. Right know only the people at the top communicate with each other and resemble anything similar of a community that once existed, whereas back in the day even the top PvPers couldn't be assholes because they were a part of a server community.

Also the drama was a lot better, and on the plus side, everyone knew who those crappy players were who got their r1's from 5s. ( I remember a really crap priest on Rampage getting r1 in 5s then being farmed in 3s by Duelist teams, fun times ).

( which is not to say that I don't enjoy the game currently - it's simply different than it used to be, sure, worse in some areas, sure, better in some areas, but overall different - and yeah I consider most of new players to not be extremely skilled at some areas in which older players were, but Blizzard is there to be thanked for that, for removing some crucial components that were once required to win, and now needed once every 100 games simply because everything got simplified )

Edited by Lolflay, 13 May 2014 - 08:59 PM.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#18 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

View PostLolflay, on 13 May 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

I've played all of TBC, WoTLK, played first half of S9, renewed a bit for last half of S11, bought MoP and played 1 week of S12, and playing now since start of S15.

All of those times I was moderately to highly successful, and I can without a doubt in my mind say that S2, S3, S7 and S8 were the best periods this game ever had. People are also saying that S10 was very good, but from what I've heard ( people abusing MMR like retards to stay at ratings nobody could even imagine of attaining after MMR's were reset ( I was given Sai as an example ) ), it wasn't all that great.

PvP was just better because the core of PvP is the community, and community was a lot less fragmented back then, and a lot more people knew each other. Right know only the people at the top communicate with each other and resemble anything similar of a community that once existed, whereas back in the day even the top PvPers couldn't be assholes because they were a part of a server community.

Also the drama was a lot better, and on the plus side, everyone knew who those crappy players were who got their r1's from 5s. ( I remember a really crap priest on Rampage getting r1 in 5s then being farmed in 3s by Duelist teams, fun times ).

( which is not to say that I don't enjoy the game currently - it's simply different than it used to be, sure, worse in some areas, sure, better in some areas, but overall different - and yeah I consider most of new players to not be extremely skilled at some areas in which older players were, but Blizzard is there to be thanked for that, for removing some crucial components that were once required to win, and now needed once every 100 games simply because everything got simplified )

This is the type of response i was looking for when making this thread. Thanks for being productive.

#19 rageTG

rageTG

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

.Posted Image

Edited by rageTG, 14 May 2014 - 03:48 PM.

#20 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

View PostrageTG, on 14 May 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

.Posted Image
Nice quality!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gladiator, 2200, TBC, MoP, OG, mage, priest, rogue, shaman, hunter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<