• Curse Sites
Help

Unbreakable spirit or Clemency against shatterplay ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:44 PM

Hi everyone,

I made some low rated ret/hunt/rsham recently and discovered that I struggle against shatterplay (a.k.a "god" comp).

Our kill target is the mage, we try to CC the rdruid as much as we can but it's hard because the spriest can mass dispell : Fist of Justice, Freezing Trap & Blinding Light.

Also with HoTs rolling and ironbark+cenarion ward it's quite hard to pressure the mage and force him to block.

Usually they setup kills this way :

#1 PoM+Poly on my healer.
#2 Deep freeze on me.
#3 They press their buttons that do sh!tloads of damage and force defensive cooldowns or win.

Each time, the mage pom+poly my healer I can be sure that something very very nasty will happen in the next seconds so I run clemency and try to save my sacs for pom+poly on my healer.

However, I noticed that most of the times I'm not fast enough to dispell the pom+poly before being deeped. (hand of sacrifice is not out of the gcd).

To conclude, I'm wondering if Unbreakable spirit could be a better choice than clemency against shatterplay. Having divine protection for every deep and 2.5mn cd bubble seem nice.

I'd also like to hear your strategies against this comp. Can you consistently beat them ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Regards.

Posted Image

#2 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2414
  • 3v3: 3009
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:37 PM

Clemency is better IMO but your play style may be different. Focus on predicting swaps. Only push out of position when you can CC. You have to play like a jew basically.

Roar of sac is your lifeline. Make sure to communicate and have CDs ready. Good God comps often just fear Ret and 1-shot hunters, and for that reason I would stay clemency.

Kill shrooms and psyfiend. Play like a pussy until there is at least a HoJ.

When mage blocks I like to swap druid also. You can kill water ele if it's your preference but a lot of the time we can get a druid to symb iceblock if the mage blocks during wings. He will also insta HoT himself and the mage will come out of block not topped.
http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

#3 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:44 PM

Thanks for your reply Avengelyne, It was interesting to read. :)

I'll try the jew playstyle, hope It'll bear fruits. Basically all I have to do is hump pillars all day with my whole team and only come out when we have a decent CC chain for the enemy healer ?

About RoS, do you try to save it for frozen orb ?

Posted Image

#4 sephirroth

sephirroth
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1615
  • 3v3: 1800

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:50 PM

Also if the priest MDing is troubling you try and land some cross cc bro. Have your hunter trap the druid off of a fist of justice whilst the priest is eating a full wyvern sting into scatter or something. Fist + trap is around 13 secs? (roughly) and a wyvern - scatter is around 8 secs? but should be enough. Once they both trinket u can chain them for like 8 seconds + or more if their positioning is really bad

#5 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

View Postglonglon, on 06 May 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:

Thanks for your reply Avengelyne, It was interesting to read. :)

I'll try the jew playstyle, hope It'll bear fruits. Basically all I have to do is hump pillars all day with my whole team and only come out when we have a decent CC chain for the enemy healer ?

About RoS, do you try to save it for frozen orb ?

It's not Jew mode all the time like I made it seem. Really godcomp will be playing constant D, what I mean is if you have no CC there is no point chasing that mage back to Narnia forcing your sham out of position which is what they want. Just queue up a lot, once you get a feel for them you will know when to be safety sam and when to try and get some cooldowns.

Roar doesn't have to be for just orb but it shuts down Mage damage. Just keep an eye out for DP, and be ready to run around a pillar like a turkey at any instant.

Edit: For MD it should be pretty easy to keep windshear/wyvern on it. You have plenty of CC to cross.

Edited by Avengelyne, 06 May 2014 - 11:15 PM.

#6 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:41 PM

Thanks for your replies sephirroth and Avangelyne :)

@Avangelyne, So if I understand well, only our shaman is supposed to hump pillars all day, the key is to never overextend so that our sham doesn't have to come out of position and expose himself to CC chains ?

About DP, I always try to cleanse it if I'm not CCed and sometimes when I'm silenced I even use aura mastery to cleanse it.

Btw, do you consistently beat shatter ?

Posted Image

#7 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:52 PM

View Postglonglon, on 06 May 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:

Thanks for replies sephirroth and Avangelyne :)

@Avangelyne, So if I understand well, only our shaman is supposed to hump pillars all day, the key is to never overextend so that our sham doesn't have to come out of position and expose himself to CC chains ?

About DP, I always try to cleanse it if I'm not CCed and sometimes when I'm silenced I even use aura mastery to cleanse it.

Btw, do you consistently beat shatter ?

Fairly consistently. Stomp bad ones, good ones depends. They should win really, but its not as bad as some comps

#8 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

I see, thank you.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<