• Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1990
  • 3v3: 2782

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:00 PM

No problem ;)
LSD/KFC/WLS/DKLS are hardest comps for RMP to face (in that order). And the difference between a really good KFC and a 2400 one is not really that big, so if you manage to win 2.4k one, you will do better even vs high rated ones. Just need to have a plan and try to stick to it, making as less mistakes as you can along the way. Ultimately, best KFCs are really hard, if not impossible, to win.But they are at least fun to play against, in my opinion, unlike LSD which is boring :P

#22 shackalackin

shackalackin
  • Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

You most likely got that into your head because until MoP dominate mind(mind control) was always considered a fear, shared the same dr category, and was broken by berserker rage

Pretty sure it has always been on its own DR, or at least it was in Cata

#23 Nesha

Nesha
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1848
  • 3v3: 2664
  • RBG: 384

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

No problem ;)
LSD/KFC/WLS/DKLS are hardest comps for RMP to face (in that order).

LSD/KFC/WLS are exactly the only setups we struggle with at the moment. LSD just seems downright impossible if they play overly defensive (as most of them do versus RMP), but we have managed to score a kill on the ele or by comitting 100% of the swaps to the resto druid. WLS also seems rather hard as they can potentially lock us down every time we have dance available unless we get the cross-cc going on all 3 players.
We have only met a few Shadowcleaves (DKLS) so far and it seems like a win as soon as we have lived through their initial cooldowns (which is not an easy task with a hpriest mind you). Hard shaman swaps seem to work if we line up kidney with a fear on the warlock.

#24 Nesha

Nesha
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

Is this real life? A helpful discussion on AJ :o

Thanks for the tips mirox/nesha.

I'm glad you have found the thread informative. Feel free to keep it alive; i'll be around most of the week to answer any questions you might have in the best way I can!

#25 Acidb

Acidb
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fire 1/0/1/2/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 1680
  • 3v3: 96
  • RBG: 192

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

First off....

Great post thanks:)

How do you go about beating lsd? Seems close to impossible to beat as rmp.
But then again it could be be because Im 11 ilvls behind.

Edited by Acidb, 06 May 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#26 Nesha

Nesha
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:20 PM

How do you go about beating lsd?

I know that this question was not directed at me, but I would like to offer my insight (and share my thoughts on RMP vs LSD).

Firstly, gear is everything for RMP because of how well rogues/mages scale.

LSD is by far the hardest 'counter' to RMP. We treat LSD differently depending on map and the players we're facing and this is what has been working out the best for us so far:

1) Druid kill: Rdruids are far more squishy than most players think, but by setting up properly, you can slowly force all their major cooldowns+trinket on swaps. Killing the druid requires commitment and you should not expect to kill him in the first or second swap to him, but rather on the 6th or 7th swap! Cross cc is key and having the warlock in CC is mandatory - here's how we do it (mind you that we open on ele shaman first to force hots on him, unless we are lucky to get a sap on the druid):

Make sure your rogue has shadowstep and a full kidney/garrote when you want to make the swap. The swap to druid will almost always be executed in the same way: Fear Lock (+pet) into a blanket silence --> DF/Poly Ele --> Kidney druid. The first swap will mostly force barkskin+gate/ursoc if the druid does not have hots on himself. When you force this, you basically turtle and sit on either the lock or elemental untill you can put druid in a full kidney again. Rinse and repeat untill you kill him; this may take several tries or prove downright impossible depending on the druids positioning.

2) Shaman kill: Force shamanistic rage (1 minute cooldown) without using orb. Set up fears on the druid if you can put shaman in a full kidney or fear warlock with deep+silence on druid. We have had success with "randomly" globaling elementals using this pretty straight forward tactic - if he does not have trinket you can even kill him in a Kidney (covered by a blanket counterspell in order to prevent shamanistic rage) and kill him in bomb in the first few minutes of the game. That being said, if you want to go for shaman kill, you still have to swap and turtle everytime you haven't got full kidney ready. Elementals are super hard to kill and paired with a druid/lock they are amongst the most tanky class right now.

#27 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1990
  • 3v3: 2782

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

LSD- I really cannot say with certainty that this or that 'strategy' works every time vs LSD. We just stick to the good old 'tunnel the shaman start to finish' strategy, and somehow, make it work. The thing is, vs 'good' LSDs, and by good I mean the ones that have lock who will fear every arena frame 3 times in a row whenever they are not DRed and shadowfury when you are trying to kill shaman, its impossible to win. But, vs your normal 2600-2700 mmr (eu) LSD, you just tunnel the shaman, try to get druid to skin him and shaman to waste his shamanisitic rage before you burst and you should be able to kill him. Obviously lining up some fears at the same time as you are killing shaman on druid are helpful.
WLS- The way we play vs this comp is that we try to kill shaman or die trying. Warlock is really hard to kill, I have heard that some people had success by going warrior with paralytic poison and turtling around pillars, but I think its easiest and fastest if you just go shaman. Paralytic root/bomb glyph on the gate , tunnel shaman,blind warrior, have your priest grip the rogue(who is specced into BOS) to the other side of the gate so that shaman cannot recover, mage has blazing speed and you should be able to kill him ;)

#28 Icyfresh420

Icyfresh420
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/1/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2401
  • 3v3: 2766
  • 5v5: 2403
  • RBG: 2316
  • LocationFreshland

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:28 AM

Pretty sure it has always been on its own DR, or at least it was in Cata

Ah my bad didn't know that it was changed in cata then
It was on the same dr in both burning crusade in wrath
I usually seem to forget I skipped over an entire expansion where a lot of things changed the change occurred in MoP for some strange reason
I need to fix that o.0

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RMP, KFc, Tactics, Strategy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<