Help

For Those Playing Frost to Discuss

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Slaggy

Slaggy
  • LocationThird World New Zealand

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:24 AM

Hm, Been playing alot of frost latley for fun and to warm up for frost overlords in WoD. Anyone else been experimenting?

Tell us about your experiances. Your rights and wrongs and what your doing to make it work.

I play frost, haste build, full str gemming, haste>mastery>crit reforge.

I play the game relativly slowly. In blood presence im using necro with death runes and just mostly waiting until i have crit procs to oblit. frost striking when I dont have to use self heals and blood tapping necros when needed.
In frost presence I just tend to PVE the guy into the ground. spam oblit and frost strike, necro when you can but sometimes a 100k oblit is worth more than 2x 35k necros.
In either situation i never use soul reaper. Its worthless to frost.

I play 2 specs, chill blains + DesG or asphyx + remorseless. Blodo tap in both builds. I find i can kill almost anything, healers in particular, in an asphyx -> remorseless with pillar up. It's just so much ridiculous damage in a 7 second stun. As for the chillblains build its mostly for mages/hunters/monks. Mages and hunters so i can stay the fuck on them and monks becasue dont wanna stun, chilblains and strang rapes them when they take 120k oblits.

PHDk and TSG are the only comps i've tried it with in 3's, got over 2k with both. Would like to try frost rogue shaman/druid but hard to find a rogue who wants to play with a dk.

Whos next?

#2 Casawn

Casawn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2342
  • 3v3: 2905
  • 5v5: 468
  • RBG: 2304

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:53 AM

I use this spec to slay shamans within the SOO arena. I am easily able to tunnel and train them using my death's advance. Combined with howling blast + frost strike spam I bring shamans to their knees within 5 minutes. I feel near invincible using my 15 second CD AMS combined with my 5 healers. Frost is pretty OP being able to kill shamans without the use of necrotic strikes. Spec is also effective/ hard counters water elementals, pandas, giant mind benders, orcs, korkron scorpion mounts, hunter dinosaur pets, and gobins riding sky golems. The people I faced were definitely hella geared since they all had over 1b hp. Overall good spec IMO.

Edited by ufocason, 26 April 2014 - 03:27 AM.

#3 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1509
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:51 AM

View Postufocason, on 26 April 2014 - 02:53 AM, said:

I use this spec to slay shamans within the SOO arena. I am easily able to tunnel and train them using my death's advance. Combined with howling blast + frost strike spam I bring shamans to their knees within 5 minutes. I feel near invincible using my 15 second CD AMS combined with my 5 healers. Frost is pretty OP being able to kill shamans without the use of necrotic strikes. Spec is also effective/ hard counters water elementals, pandas, giant mind benders, orcs, korkron scorpion mounts, hunter dinosaur pets, and people riding sky golems. The people I faced were definitely hella geared since they had over 1b hp. Overall good spec IMO.

Frost also counters resto druids because their puny bitch tree leaves cannot stand my freezy weapon.
Posted Image

#4 decisivexx

decisivexx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1659
  • 3v3: 2279
  • RBG: 1319

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

best thread

#5 substance

substance
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1587
  • 3v3: 1816
  • RBG: 767
  • Locationbreckenridge

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:44 AM

Just started playing my dk agian. Playing unholy but i am interested in playing frost. Never got into frost play but the burst always amazed me. I hope this thread keeps going and I can learn something.

#6 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:54 AM

I don't feel frost being some kind of god or anything. the spec is just too RNG

#7 Slaggy

Slaggy

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:24 AM

I hope this thread keeps going and I can learn something.

I would like it to, except butt-hurt random(s) will always come in and complain about DK's and de-rail my (any) DK threads regardless. Either 1) they have no exp playing a DK so have no clue what they are talking about or 2) play against but dont know how to handle a DK (just fucking root and silence them for the love of god people) so they complain about them and ruin the legit conversation for those who are actually interested in the class/spec

inb4 no helemets but i have <<enter amount here>> so I know more than you . i (we actually) REALLY give 0 fucks how "high rated" you are cause if you were really the skillful player that got so many glad titles and/or are so high rated than you wouldnt have to complain about Dks casue 1) that high up your not fighting any...ever and 2) you obviously should know how to play vs every class in the game if you have that fucking rating / exp and didn't buy it.

Meh, mini-rant casue im tired of internet bad-boys making this place so fucking toxic everytime their ovaries tingle casue someone said Death Knight.

#8 substance

substance
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1587
  • 3v3: 1816
  • RBG: 767
  • Locationbreckenridge

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:42 AM

Agree, people that start threads should be able to delete shit talkers threads. I know I am a shit player but I enjoy the game and am just trying to better myself and have fun. I may never play my dk to a high level. I may get tired of it next week. For now I would like to learn a few things so I can play better and play against better.

By the way. I don't have any glad title but my penis is large. Hope that counts for something. It's almost the same, right? The size is depending on who you ask too.

#9 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Strang into Remorseless is actually pretty ridiculous if you have uptime. It'll force major cds on the first and it will kill on the second turn.
Posted Image

#10 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1883
  • 3v3: 2157
  • 5v5: 1797
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationUS

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostCasawn, on 26 April 2014 - 02:53 AM, said:

I use this spec to slay shamans within the SOO arena. I am easily able to tunnel and train them using my death's advance. Combined with howling blast + frost strike spam I bring shamans to their knees within 5 minutes. I feel near invincible using my 15 second CD AMS combined with my 5 healers. Frost is pretty OP being able to kill shamans without the use of necrotic strikes. Spec is also effective/ hard counters water elementals, pandas, giant mind benders, orcs, korkron scorpion mounts, hunter dinosaur pets, and gobins riding sky golems. The people I faced were definitely hella geared since they all had over 1b hp. Overall good spec IMO.

I see what you did there.
Why monkeys? Im starting to believe these monkeys have been snake bitten.. A whistling Dennis Rodman and a snake bitten monkey are no different. For these tree dwellers hath stolen the eggs of the momma parakeet. The howler monkey howls at dawn and dusk, the spider monkey yelps "yeeeeee yeeeeee" through the forest. Even the cud chewing antelope ease drop from a far. Tranquilize the monkeys and put them in a zoo, says the man with the red beard and boonie hat. And now I've got shit pie on my face?

Posted Image

#11 Accenato

Accenato

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

I actually don't really want Frost DK to be a "god spec", because I want to be under the radar of nerfs :P
Accenato
-Professional Idiot
-Rank 1 Frost DK ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#12 Slaggy

Slaggy

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

I actually don't really want Frost DK to be a "god spec", because I want to be under the radar of nerf

:P i see wut u did. Yeh i mean i dont see frost as being god teir really with current WoD notes, more "available" tot hose who wanna try it. More on-target buffs like grip auto applying chains, and ranged kick (we dont need th is christ lol) but the buff to survivability is whats going to make it more viable. and DesG removing roots

Forumz i agree strang into remorseless (strang so they cant dispel right ;)) is fucking nuts. Slay monks easy with that shit to. root, strang, remorseless, in the 3 sec stun after de-mat you can chuck 50% of his hp away with 2 oblits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<