Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Some tweets about WoD ret


  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 164
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1764
  • 3v3: 1742
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1800

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:04 AM

View Postshackalackin, on 04 May 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:

Like I said, I don't imagine it happens much at all (if at all), but it's an OPTION. By all means, if you're all so unhappy you're more than welcome to ditch the dispel and go back to just having the dmg reduction/transfer. This is why this game is so busted, people just keep asking for more and more stuff to add to their arsenal as opposed to fixing the problem (reduction of instant, magical cc like in wod) so it becomes an arms race. You guys used to just have sac as is, now it's a magic dispel, now you want more (the two abilities separated, but keeping both). It's silly

It's not about losing the dispel. It's about reworking the budget of the spell.

Nerf by removing the other effects other than the dispel and buff somewhere else needed like, self heals or sustained.

It's dumb to let something not used to weight on balance, and could explain why Ret is so weak for PVP.
Posted Image

-> In short: "Balance is make 6-7 specs balanced to compete and let the rest nerfed but make it playable so maybe some exeptional professional players can compete with a nerfed spec." = Blizz supports FOTM.

#42 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 108
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:25 PM

View Postshackalackin, on 04 May 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:

Like I said, I don't imagine it happens much at all (if at all), but it's an OPTION. By all means, if you're all so unhappy you're more than welcome to ditch the dispel and go back to just having the dmg reduction/transfer. This is why this game is so busted, people just keep asking for more and more stuff to add to their arsenal as opposed to fixing the problem (reduction of instant, magical cc like in wod) so it becomes an arms race. You guys used to just have sac as is, now it's a magic dispel, now you want more (the two abilities separated, but keeping both). It's silly

Dont take this as offense but..

You still don't get the whole point of it. Noone wants iwin buttons or another filler spell. We want our class to do A) more FLOW on the gameplay and more CONTROL over fights or B ) restoring the old "riposter supporter" idea of the spec meaning being tanky/effective selfhealer, supportive, having unique, evening-the-scales buffs and reasonable offheal. No matter of your arguments (wich may be realistic in a feral or in an affliction tread) rets can perform neither of the above mentioned unless you got a hunter and a restosham to literally carry you. The spec is simply not viable. Neither in RBGs. Neither in Arenas. Period.

None of us asks for an overpowered Hand of Sacrifice, or 1 min cd bubble or spammable instant flash. We only want rets to be viable. Nothing less, nothing more.

#43 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 164
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1764
  • 3v3: 1742
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1800

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:49 AM

For what is worth, Holinka answered a couple of questions of mine on Twitter today:

<p>
<p>

I tweeted some more too... no answer but I think he read, at least. Maybe more feedback there will at least show what's going on and we're thinking.



<p>
Posted Image

-> In short: "Balance is make 6-7 specs balanced to compete and let the rest nerfed but make it playable so maybe some exeptional professional players can compete with a nerfed spec." = Blizz supports FOTM.

#44 shackalackin

shackalackin
  • Members
  • Posts: 55

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:17 AM

View Postzenton, on 05 May 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

Dont take this as offense but..

You still don't get the whole point of it. Noone wants iwin buttons or another filler spell. We want our class to do A) more FLOW on the gameplay and more CONTROL over fights or B ) restoring the old "riposter supporter" idea of the spec meaning being tanky/effective selfhealer, supportive, having unique, evening-the-scales buffs and reasonable offheal. No matter of your arguments (wich may be realistic in a feral or in an affliction tread) rets can perform neither of the above mentioned unless you got a hunter and a restosham to literally carry you. The spec is simply not viable. Neither in RBGs. Neither in Arenas. Period.

None of us asks for an overpowered Hand of Sacrifice, or 1 min cd bubble or spammable instant flash. We only want rets to be viable. Nothing less, nothing more.

I've previously said I'd agree with more sustainable damage for rets. I've also said the healing aspect should be aided by the removal of battle fatigue in WoD. Rets have never been tanky. Rets have never had a lot of "control" abilities.

#45 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 164
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1764
  • 3v3: 1742
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1800

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:10 PM

View Postshackalackin, on 07 May 2014 - 03:17 AM, said:

I've previously said I'd agree with more sustainable damage for rets. I've also said the healing aspect should be aided by the removal of battle fatigue in WoD. Rets have never been tanky. Rets have never had a lot of "control" abilities.

One thing about PVP that people should understand already is that a Spec cannot be measured by comparing to itself, or PVE mechanics.

A PVP Spec is strong or weak if compared to OTHER SPECS. If Ret always had 2 CC and others 3 CC and now Ret have 2 and others 5, Ret control has been NERFED.

If people get things like Solar, Mass Grip, Typhoon, Ursol, Knockbacks, Ring of Peace, etc... and Ret nothing, Ret RBG utility that is already weak, is getting nerfed.

Damage and healing can only be WAY over the top, to compete with CC and Raid Utility.

How much damage and healing is avoided with a well placed Solar Beam? How much more damage and healing have to be done to create the same level of oportunity for killing and peeling? And Grip? Grip creates a huge oportunity for killing, besides the insane utility for RBGs. Compare with 5min CD BoP. They're just spiting on our face.
Posted Image

-> In short: "Balance is make 6-7 specs balanced to compete and let the rest nerfed but make it playable so maybe some exeptional professional players can compete with a nerfed spec." = Blizz supports FOTM.

#46 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 108
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

View Postshackalackin, on 07 May 2014 - 03:17 AM, said:

I've previously said I'd agree with more sustainable damage for rets. I've also said the healing aspect should be aided by the removal of battle fatigue in WoD. Rets have never been tanky. Rets have never had a lot of "control" abilities.

As locks were never be able to multidot with instants, warriors never had 3 stuns, resto druids never had typhoon and we could go on over hours (btw if rets were not tanky, than look at tBC ret - wich was weak but they could certeanly tank more than now - or wotlk Sacred Shield. As of control, we lost instant Repentance, biggest nerf in a long way).
The game is changing, and rets are some ancient stones with outdated mechanincs and once-iconic abilities. Just like as you would make a soldier from WW2 stand against a present one. Things were taken from us, and *nothing* were given.

Oh and something I missed about rets - gcd capped. Wich could be a consolidator and a control on a spec if said spec were op or high-represented. But in our case it cripples rets even more and you have to spend 3+ gcds to touch your target or not to die in 3 seconds.

#47 Hofflerand

Hofflerand
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 207
  • LocationNY

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

i wish ret got magic dispel back on cleanse. remove sac magic dispel, and delete rebuke too for all i care. then remove magic dispel from the resto healers because they don't actually need it and homogenization is boring

glad blinding light is gone. very panda, much derp. psychic scream/howl no longer baseline, fears last 6 sec, horror on fear dr - i''m excited for these changes. also no more symbiosis = better relative synergy with r druid, my favorite healer

i hope ret has better sustained damage in wod. i never felt like such a one-trick pony in wotlk

#48 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 895
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

Still waiting for those hotfixes for Ret this patch

#49 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 590
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2448
  • 3v3: 3009
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:39 PM

Honestly just exo damage boost. A cool idea would be give Ret a move that prevented teleport spells like gateway, port, blink, displacer beast..

Maybe a Mortal Strike + PvP dmg buff like above suggested
http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!


View Postgravyrainbow, on 08 October 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

#50 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 989
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/2/1/1/0/.
  • 2v2: 2063
  • 3v3: 2762
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:04 AM

pls fix ret

i miss the wotlk playstyle so much
Posted Image

#51 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 359
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1997
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 1243
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:05 AM

View PostAvengelyne, on 05 June 2014 - 11:39 PM, said:

Honestly just exo damage boost. A cool idea would be give Ret a move that prevented teleport spells like gateway, port, blink, displacer beast..

Maybe a Mortal Strike + PvP dmg buff like above suggested
That would make me jizz in my pants.

Hell, even if it just applied the old seal of justice debuff, the undispellable one that prevents the target from moving faster than 100% speed, that would be just rad.
Posted Image

#52 Hofflerand

Hofflerand
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 207
  • LocationNY

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

judgment of justice or something similar would be cool. it was actually unique utility

another thing i don't like about ret damage is it's a little stale. i know some people hate any form of rng, but exo needs to hit hard enough that art of war procs are exciting. also execution sentence kind of sucks for a 1 min cd. i'm not saying make it as strong as shadow dance or frozen orb, but a shorter duration before the burst would be nice for pvp. six sec would be ideal, overall damage unchanged

most of all i want more comp diversity. what happened to playing with warrior, dk, rogue instead of only :hunter: :hunter: :hunter:

View PostFeliclandelo, on 05 June 2014 - 10:41 PM, said:

Still waiting for those hotfixes for Ret this patch
no hotfix can change healer comps and hotw moonkins dominating 2's when ret's go-to is double dps, melee cleave being weaker on the whole in 3v3 when paladin synergy has always been with melee, and no one wanting to bring a ret to rbg's. the ret paladin pvp experience is really horrible right now, which is funny because i think our design is more or less fine

Edited by Hofflerand, 06 June 2014 - 05:46 PM.


#53 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 590
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2448
  • 3v3: 3009
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

Pls fix Bliz

Posted Image

Edited by Avengelyne, 10 June 2014 - 06:24 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!


View Postgravyrainbow, on 08 October 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

#54 Jarom

Jarom
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1700
  • 3v3: 2110
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 192

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:51 AM

Ret is not as bad as some people may think.

#55 Call Me Teranaye

Call Me Teranaye
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 255
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2644
  • 3v3: 3120
  • 5v5: 2634
  • RBG: 2172
  • LocationUAE,Al Ain

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

ret isn't even that bad though,its just not as popular of a class as it is compared to others.definitely rank 1 viable right now even.

always remember that you're still garbage


#56 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 1398
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

View PostCall Me Teranaye, on 11 June 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

ret isn't even that bad though,its just not as popular of a class as it is compared to others.definitely rank 1 viable right now even.

There are currently no rets eligible for the rank #1 title.

Best EU ret (Eliz) is currently at 2713 rating.

Best US ret (Avangelyne) is currently at 2649 rating.

According to arenamate.net, to be eligible for the #1 title you need to be at 2707 (US) and 2792 (EU).

Posted Image


#57 fresh_

fresh_
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 88
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1859
  • 3v3: 2096
  • RBG: 825

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

only based ret jarom can save us now




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<