• EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1811
  • 3v3: 2214
  • RBG: 1327
  • LocationGermanien

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

Vicious is hot! You hate all my transmogs, i'm beginning to think you're the one without taste!

Get Gronnstalker, can't go wrong with it. ICC set is awesome as well, you just need another helmet.

Haha I definitely will! Oh and PS AMoC no longer procs wild quiver mastery, it was nerfed so serpent sting and AMoC would no longer proc wild quiver. However it is still a useful burst cd, and it is very strong against other hunters. I'm going to play around with it some more today.

I haven't used it since nerf, but I know Esandies(Hurako/Huraka) on US uses it a lot, as well as Jellybeans. On EU Souken tends to use AMoC as well, however unlike the US hunters using it, he also goes for fervor over ToTH. Will play around with it more today, prolly gunna use ToTH though over Fervor with crows since ToTH is more focus efficient overall.

Fervor feels weird for MM imo, because it makes you steady shot less, so i sometimes loose steady focus uptime if i don't keep track of it. But Fervor is sick for survival, feels a lot more fluid than Thrill.

#22 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

Get Gronnstalker, can't go wrong with it. ICC set is awesome as well, you just need another helmet.

Fervor feels weird for MM imo, because it makes you steady shot less, so i sometimes loose steady focus uptime if i don't keep track of it. But Fervor is sick for survival, feels a lot more fluid than Thrill.

Ya I only really feel fervor is useful if I'm tranq shotting a lot vs a certain team, or just being impatient with crows.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#23 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1425
  • 3v3: 2379
  • RBG: 1624
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

Nice little guide. Under gems though you have blue socket as 80 pvp power and 160 crit when you should be using 80 agi 80 pvp power.

Might be a typo ;)

Also I stream 2500~ Hunter POV 3s @ Twitch.Tv/Pounced if you want to add my stream in also.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#24 TequilaTaco

TequilaTaco
  • Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:55 PM

Nice guide! :)

What off-set pieces are the best? Necklace of Prowess vs. Necklace of Proficiency and Wristguards of Accuracy vs. Wristguards of Alacrity.

Has anyone done the math on what would be the most optimal way to go?

#25 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:33 AM

I could go over some of my games as some comps (Prolly Hunter Rsham DK) and do commentary over it anyone would be interested. Prolly not since it's kind of a mongo cleave but yeah

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#26 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1425
  • 3v3: 2379
  • RBG: 1624
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:43 AM

What off-set pieces are the best? Necklace of Prowess vs. Necklace of Proficiency and Wristguards of Accuracy vs. Wristguards of Alacrity.

Proficiency & alacrity are best IMO.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#27 Reedztv

Reedztv
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2315

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:13 AM

Good basic guide , your grace approves.

#28 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

Reedz is a god

Posted Image

#29 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

Fixed typos
Added pounceds stream

@Dilly, i would very much be interested in watching a commentary of your games, as someone who is trying hunter now after playing Warrior exclusively, theres alot to take in and i'm finding myself tunnel visioning alot.
Posted Image

#30 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

Proficiency Neck and Accuracy Wristgaurds :)
Posted Image

#31 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

Fixed typos
Added pounceds stream

@Dilly, i would very much be interested in watching a commentary of your games, as someone who is trying hunter now after playing Warrior exclusively, theres alot to take in and i'm finding myself tunnel visioning alot.

Sure man. I'll try to play a lot over this weekend (harder for me to stay focused and play well during weekdays tbh, every session I played this week was just really awkward), and go over those games. Also have a session I really liked as KFC recorded that I want to go over as well. I really want to be able to help teach people, and I'll definitely make sure to put effort into this.

Posted Image

#32 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/2/0/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 2968
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1573
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

Twitch.tv/glinksz also some high rated Hunter play when im not rbging or something silly

formally twitch.tv/glink95 RIP :(
Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

#33 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:27 PM

Sure man. I'll try to play a lot over this weekend (harder for me to stay focused and play well during weekdays tbh, every session I played this week was just really awkward), and go over those games. Also have a session I really liked as KFC recorded that I want to go over as well. I really want to be able to help teach people, and I'll definitely make sure to put effort into this.

That's brilliant to hear man, best of luck in the sessions! Looking forward to them!

Added Glinks stream

Added self esteem because Reedz wrote something nice about me
Posted Image

#34 TequilaTaco

TequilaTaco
  • Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

Proficiency & alacrity are best IMO.

Proficiency Neck and Accuracy Wristgaurds :)

Thanks for your answers! :)

Judging from the mixed opinions I'm guessing that there is no best and that it comes down to preference then. Would love more input though! :)

#35 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

Thanks for your answers! :)

Judging from the mixed opinions I'm guessing that there is no best and that it comes down to preference then. Would love more input though! :)

To get the 100% min max from reforging in Greiv, Accuracy was best. I'm presuming this is the same for prideful, but i'm not 100% sure, might be best to see what top hunters are doing :)
Posted Image

#36 denn_o

denn_o
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1811
  • 3v3: 2214
  • RBG: 1327
  • LocationGermanien

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

Even if you reforge out of hit completely (RIng and Gloves), you will be hit capped. If you're going for accuracy wrists in prideful, you're wasting a lot of stats into an overcap on hit, but you get more crit. So, if you want to max out on crit, go Accuracy. If you want to max out on Stats, Alacrity. I'll go with alacrity sind being so far over hit cap makes my eyes bleed lol

#37 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:19 AM

http://www.twitch.tv...poo69/c/4044368

Going to start doing commentary over this KFC vod, should be uploaded sometime this weekend possibly. Should be able to make a basic guide for KFC off this since the comp is fairly straight forward and simple.

Posted Image

#38 Slavens

Slavens
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2367
  • 3v3: 2947
  • RBG: 960

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:29 AM

i try to stream jungle, kfc, hlx, or thug a few times a week too if you wanna add

twitch.tv/nartsz

#39 Nilen

Nilen
  • Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

Thanks for taking the time to make this guide. It's quite helpful. If at all possible, a few comments on hunter game play would be awesome. Everything changes depending on comp and opposition, of course, but usually there are some mental flags, tricks and rules of thumb that you take with you into most arenas. Some comments on those types of things from experienced players has proven decidedly helpful in other guides - to me, anyway. I know Flavour is trying to set up a video version of that with Dilly commenting on streams, but some written remarks as supplement would be much appreciated, please.

#40 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

Thanks for taking the time to make this guide. It's quite helpful. If at all possible, a few comments on hunter game play would be awesome. Everything changes depending on comp and opposition, of course, but usually there are some mental flags, tricks and rules of thumb that you take with you into most arenas. Some comments on those types of things from experienced players has proven decidedly helpful in other guides - to me, anyway. I know Flavour is trying to set up a video version of that with Dilly commenting on streams, but some written remarks as supplement would be much appreciated, please.

Yeah can try to put some written effort as well. Had a longish day of playing today, will hopefully get around to commentary on some vods and then I can try to write something up as well. Not sure how I would properly commentate over my games though, so I'd really appreciate if someone could help me help others here by showing me how I'd be able to do that ^_^

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<