CIQM
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:39 AM

Hello!

I enjoy World PvP a lot, and I normally have a primary specialization with Arena talents, and a second one for World PvP, my question is, which talents from the third Tier you think is best when soloing PvP? I started using Spirit Bond because it seems like the best option to survive a little more without a healer, but now I don't think it's helping much, so I'm struggling with this one. For Arena I'm aware that Iron Hawk is better when having a healer.

And secondly, I run a Shaman KFC and I seem to be focused a lot, which talents from the first Tier seem to be better on this kind of situation? My doubts lie between Narrow Escape and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera.

I would appreciate your help, thanks!

#2 Brandnewftwarmorforsleep

Brandnewftwarmorforsleep
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1969
  • 3v3: 2352
  • RBG: 192

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:03 AM

While solo'ing (BGs, world PvP, etc) and even in double DPS 2s Spirit bond is marginally better. The healing is very substantial and quickly surpasses Iron Hawk benefits after a relatively short period. So, unless you get globaled in a full Kidney at the start of a duel, or 2s game, Spirit Bond is much better than Iron Hawk. For 3s, almost exclusively Iron Hawk. Spirit Bond can be useful vs LSD.

Narrow escape is good for landing traps, kiting, and peeling. A lot of melee have an out for the root, unfortunately, so the kiting aspect of the talent is seriously diminished. If you're fighting double melee (With a DK, like TSG), Narrow Escape is exceptional. Dks are one of the few melee that have to sit roots without a freedom from their own class. Against Turbocleave (Feral/Enh), Crouching Tiger, or even Posthaste can be a lot better. Both Enh and Ferals will almost never sit a root, and Master's call + Posthaste can be an amazing kiting tool. If you know the game will last longer, then Crouching Tiger becomes best.

A mistake I see some people make is just instinctively taking Crouching Tiger against teams where roots might not be the best to take, even though they're playing a cleave or fighting a cleave that will only have a 3 minute or so game. A decent amount of the time, you won't be able to make effective use of the third Deterrence before the game is over, unless you're confident in your team to effectively rotate CDs and last until that third Deter.

Anyway, those are some things to consider. In reality, it's all comp dependent. If one of the two DPS will sit the root full at least half of the time, it's worth taking Narrow Escape. If they won't and you'll be the kill target in a rush down game, I'd try out posthaste and getting nice kites going.

Note: A lot of Hunters run Narrow Escape vs spell cleaves too, to help ensure a trap. As Rshaman KFC, you'll have stormbolt, scatter, or less often fear to trap off of, so it isn't vital, but it makes it easier. If you know it's going to be a longer game, though, I do recommend Crounching Tiger.

GlHf.

Edited by Brandnewftwarmorforsleep, 09 April 2014 - 04:05 AM.

#3 CIQM

CIQM
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

View PostBrandnewftwarmorforsleep, on 09 April 2014 - 04:03 AM, said:

While solo'ing (BGs, world PvP, etc) and even in double DPS 2s Spirit bond is marginally better. The healing is very substantial and quickly surpasses Iron Hawk benefits after a relatively short period. So, unless you get globaled in a full Kidney at the start of a duel, or 2s game, Spirit Bond is much better than Iron Hawk. For 3s, almost exclusively Iron Hawk. Spirit Bond can be useful vs LSD.

Narrow escape is good for landing traps, kiting, and peeling. A lot of melee have an out for the root, unfortunately, so the kiting aspect of the talent is seriously diminished. If you're fighting double melee (With a DK, like TSG), Narrow Escape is exceptional. Dks are one of the few melee that have to sit roots without a freedom from their own class. Against Turbocleave (Feral/Enh), Crouching Tiger, or even Posthaste can be a lot better. Both Enh and Ferals will almost never sit a root, and Master's call + Posthaste can be an amazing kiting tool. If you know the game will last longer, then Crouching Tiger becomes best.

A mistake I see some people make is just instinctively taking Crouching Tiger against teams where roots might not be the best to take, even though they're playing a cleave or fighting a cleave that will only have a 3 minute or so game. A decent amount of the time, you won't be able to make effective use of the third Deterrence before the game is over, unless you're confident in your team to effectively rotate CDs and last until that third Deter.

Anyway, those are some things to consider. In reality, it's all comp dependent. If one of the two DPS will sit the root full at least half of the time, it's worth taking Narrow Escape. If they won't and you'll be the kill target in a rush down game, I'd try out posthaste and getting nice kites going.

Note: A lot of Hunters run Narrow Escape vs spell cleaves too, to help ensure a trap. As Rshaman KFC, you'll have stormbolt, scatter, or less often fear to trap off of, so it isn't vital, but it makes it easier. If you know it's going to be a longer game, though, I do recommend Crounching Tiger.

GlHf.

I highly appreciate the time you put to write that post, those are some amazing tips!

Thanks much!

#4 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

vs casters where rooting isnt necessary posthaste is godly as well, vs something like mage lock rsham for instance, breaks nova instantly and lets you line orb and other dmg at 60% speed
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<