• Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

Although nerve strike was completely gay (50% damage reduction wayy too much) it was kind of needed with the current state of wow & rogue design.  Rogues needed something to do while they were out of stealth since they do zero damage.  You could at least lockout a team's burst for a significant time period then hump a pillar for restealth when dance is back up.

This is a perfect example of how hilariously balanced wow pvp in mists has become.  Many classes hinge on several silly abilities.

#22 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1990
  • 3v3: 2782

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

For me rogues just become less and less fun to play with every expansion. Its like every other class gets new spells/abilities (most of the time they turn out to be completely broken), but they at least get something and the gameplay changes a bit. With rogues its always the same. If you want to play  step and not go BOS like a retard, you have almost 0 chance to get on resto druid who has blink/teleport from lock and portal + he shapeshifts every root. I guess if they made rogues to have better mobility , and my better mobility I dont mean BOS spamming, the class would be much more fun to play, at least for me.

Edited by mirox, 03 April 2014 - 05:09 PM.

#23 Nahj

Nahj
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/0/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2524
  • 3v3: 2948
  • 5v5: 2458
  • RBG: 2409
  • LocationAZ

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

Much more boring than in the past.

Would be less boring for me maybe if people played alliance on US. Would love to meld things.

#24 Ashleylol

Ashleylol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2337
  • 3v3: 2896
  • 5v5: 2690
  • RBG: 2281

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

people dont play rogues bcus they are boring as fuck. im only playing my rogue at the moment as i just cba to level something up. as opposed to an ele where you just hit 2 buttons (kinda.) rogues are also very underdeveloped in the fact that the mechanics for the class are so outdated. for example, step 24sec cd vs warrior 12sec charge vs druid 30 sec blink vs mage 15 sec blink... the list goes on. it doesnt break roots, but or speed is incredibly boring to play, just training a target

to add to this, you dont have to do anything as a rogue apart from spam damage. when i try to play rogue 'oldstyle' im criticised by my partners for trying to actually control the game as im "not spamming enough damage." This is why rogues are so shit and boring as in wrath/cata you actually could win the game by controlling/outplaying but now you can lose to the most mongoloid of teams that just simply spam more damage or have more rng. overall the class mechanics are so outdated and all you need to do is spam damage to win, hence why it is boring and people dont like playing it. rogues simply got left behind with this expansion, due to the fact that they were so shit at the start of the expan that they randomly buffed them in stupid areas like 50% nerve strike, mass stealth, blades and marked for death, which are all stupid/boring/bursty talents that require 0 brain cells to play with, as they are all passive and shit.

Another reason people hate to play rogues is especially in this season they are only really viable in 1 comp: Rogue/mage/x - which is linear and boring, just spam damage and win gg. There is no rps/rls or any variations as they are shit, why take a rogue when u have warrior etc

its just a shit class to play
Ashley 3000 rated rogue ~  http://www.twitch.tv/tierzx

Posted Image

#25 floatycoat

floatycoat
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

Coming back to the game and was considering playing a Rogue again.. From reading all of these comments am I balls going to play a Rogue again.

#26 Icyfresh420

Icyfresh420
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2401
  • 3v3: 2766
  • 5v5: 2403
  • RBG: 2316
  • LocationFreshland

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

View Post420blazeitlikeBalotelli, on 03 April 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

I encourage you to read other class forums. It turns out nothing is viable anymore. While the game is full of dogshit people really have mastered complaining about their own classes.
What are you trying to say
You mean to tell me every single player on this forum hasn't mastered their class to the absolute skill cap of its capabilities?!?!
But I thought it was all blizzards fault that all these warriors and dks are so underpowered?!
I'VE BEEN LIED TO!
That feeling when you're charging up a shatter
Posted Image

#27 shunke

shunke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2105
  • 3v3: 2217
  • RBG: 1761

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

Rogue is twice better than warrior for 10 seconds every 60 seconds. Rogue is half the warrior for 50 seconds after dance & subfertuge.

#28 Splotch

Splotch
  • Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:43 AM

View Post420blazeitlikeBalotelli, on 03 April 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

I encourage you to read other class forums. It turns out nothing is viable anymore. While the game is full of dogshit people really have mastered complaining about their own classes.

I don't play rogue anymore and have noticed this problem. So I'm not a dogshit person complaining about my own class. I am saying it about a class I used to enjoy because it took finesse, and now all finesse will do is get your team a loss.

#29 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

Just look at the patch notes for new expansion and you will realise why less and less people play rogues. There are no changes to the class, ever!
http://www.mmo-champ...ords-of-Draenor, three abilities changed 2 of which are completely useless information for people who pvp,subterfuge nerfed and thats it. Another expansion of shadowstepping to people on 20 sec cd, while everyone else has Dragon Ball Z-like mobility talents or new abilities. Oh yes, and I wish I could tell my self this little beautiful lie that 'this is just the alpha notes, it will be fine by the time expansion goes live', but I did that in cataclysm and mop and guess what :)
  • Disarm Trap has been removed.
  • Rupture is no longer available to Combat Rogues.
  • Shadow Blades has been removed.
  • Subterfuge now allows you to use abilities that require stealth for 3 sec after leaving Stealth, instead of actually staying stealthed for 3 sec.

Edited by mirox, 04 April 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#30 Splotch

Splotch
  • Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

That is pretty true, rogues are probably the closest to the same playstyle over the last few expansions. Honestly it got to boring for me to care about anymore.

#31 Weepy

Weepy
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1752

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

Mirox pretty much sums it up

#32 Dak1

Dak1
  • Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

View Postmirox, on 04 April 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

Just look at the patch notes for new expansion and you will realise why less and less people play rogues. There are no changes to the class, ever!

It's actually worse than that.  Somehow the Rogue notes are far from complete (they didn't even mention CPs stacking on the Rogue... maybe... finally, or Redirect being removed).

They're actually removing Premeditation too.

Enhanced Premeditation - Premeditation is no longer an active ability. Instead your Garrote and Ambush always generate 2 additional combo points when used from Stealth. This affect does not apply while Shadow Dance is active.

#33 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

View PostDak1, on 04 April 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

It's actually worse than that.  Somehow the Rogue notes are far from complete (they didn't even mention CPs stacking on the Rogue... maybe... finally, or Redirect being removed).

They're actually removing Premeditation too.
I see no reason to remove Premeditation, other than me having to use one global cd to put up slice and dice once I am out of stealth :(

I dont know, there was this talent on PTR (right about when cloak and dagger got nerfed), http://wowhead.com/spell=137638 and this is something that would be fun to use, could open up a lot of possibilities for CC or interrupts or even connecting to the target, I dont understand why cant they just make that spell be passive for rogues, on top of the shadowstep that we already have. I mean, they do just give new abilities/spells like that to other classes out of the blue, why not rogues?

If I am not mistaken, rogues could at least shadowstep with roots in TBC, right now you cant even do that and the cd is somewhat the same. So, BC>WOTLK>CATA>MOP>and now WOD, and we are stuck with the same gapcloser? With abilities like gateway/teleport symbiosis/displacer beast/blazing speed/hc leap/monk flying across the map/feathers with guise, its just not enough to stick to the target, hell, its not even enough to escape if you are in trouble...

Edited by mirox, 04 April 2014 - 04:10 PM.

#34 Dak1

Dak1
  • Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

View Postmirox, on 04 April 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

So, BC>WOTLK>CATA>MOP>and now WOD, and we are stuck with the same gapcloser?

Well, they did manage to nerf it between TBC and WoD.  I mean, it used to be 15 seconds and break roots, then it went up to 24 seconds and can't be used while rooted, and recently they were oh so kind to reduce it to 20 seconds.  Sprint still on a 1 min. cooldown is kind of a joke too.  Remember when it would break movement-impairing effects for Combat (sort of like, you know, the spell Monks got, Tiger's Lust, which is on a 30 sec CD)?

But I'm probably just bitching because I had high expectations for the patch notes and am pretty disappointed about them now.

#35 Doctor M

Doctor M
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 2087
  • 3v3: 2535
  • 5v5: 2218
  • RBG: 2308

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

View Postmirox, on 04 April 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

I see no reason to remove Premeditation, other than me having to use one global cd to put up slice and dice once I am out of stealth :(

Ya, The removal of premeditation is actually so frustrating and it's so obvious as to why Blizzard chose to remove it aswell.
Casualfriendly

So uncalled for tbh

View PostEsiwdeer, on 29 June 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

But look how fucking dumb it was like, a bot could Drain Mana just like a bot could play Hunter ATM.

#36 spelgubbe

spelgubbe

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostDoctor M, on 04 April 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

Ya, The removal of premeditation is actually so frustrating and it's so obvious as to why Blizzard chose to remove it aswell.
Casualfriendly

So uncalled for tbh

Inb4 Preparation is also going to be passive.

#37 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostDoctor M, on 04 April 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

Casualfriendly

So uncalled for tbh
I was reading some comments on MMO and apparently it was removed because there `are too many buttons to press`, so in order to reduce the number of buttons, they removed it...

Edited by mirox, 04 April 2014 - 05:18 PM.

#38 Doctor M

Doctor M
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 2087
  • 3v3: 2535
  • 5v5: 2218
  • RBG: 2308

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

View Postmirox, on 04 April 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

I was reading some comments on MMO and apparently it was removed because there `are too many buttons to press`, so in order to reduce the number of buttons, they removed it...

Yes, WoW is currently suffering from Button Bloat, but Premeditation wasn't one of the buttons which were under that category... Pretty sure you agree, as it had more uses than just applying SnD before opening. Plus it has been a core spell to the Subtlety spec, since forever...

Edited by Doctor M, 04 April 2014 - 05:31 PM.

View PostEsiwdeer, on 29 June 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

But look how fucking dumb it was like, a bot could Drain Mana just like a bot could play Hunter ATM.

#39 Dak1

Dak1
  • Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

View Post420blazeitlikeBalotelli, on 04 April 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

so is SND gone for sub or do we still apply it but now after cheapshot/garrote?

We still have to get SnD up, but now we have to do it after the opener.  And based on the notes so far, we don't even get the extra combo points from Cheap Shot... so... /doublefacepalm

#40 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1961

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

View PostDoctor M, on 04 April 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

Yes, WoW is currently suffering from Button Bloat, but Premeditation wasn't one of the buttons which were under that category... Pretty sure you agree, as it had more uses than just applying SnD before opening. Plus it has been a core spell to the Subtlety spec, since forever...
not only that it can save your life premed recup is pretty huge in some case's i like how they called it ''enhanced''

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rogue, existing, futile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<