• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#161 Splotch

Splotch
  • Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:45 AM

View PostDarthgnoe, on 04 May 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

that's why we para before we stun you <3

Lol that video of the WW, para-leg sweep-dead rogue.

#162 Rtf

Rtf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:25 AM

View Postjaimex, on 02 May 2014 - 11:15 PM, said:

Ok, so they may not be fun. That doesn't mean they aren't viable.
Lets have a look at rogue utility;
  • Ridiculous Peels though 3 stuns, 1 of which doesnt even dr + silence during dance/subter
  • Burst of Speed (worse than every other ability in the game combined)
  • Retarded Damage with CDs
  • Stupid Synergy with burst classes (i.e mage or sp.)
  • Very, very tanky if you don't waste trinket.
  • Unlimited restealths if you have half a brain.
Warriors dont even have half of that. Rogues are by far one of the most Op classes, right up there with lock shamans and druids..

I swear you get more and more retarded with each post you make.

#163 Kona

Kona
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 1957
  • RBG: 1647

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

• Ridiculous Peels though 3 stuns, 1 of which doesnt even dr + silence during dance/subter
Warriors dont even have half of that. Rogues are by far one of the most Op classes, right up there with lock shamans and druids..
You make some really good posts from time to time. But this really hit rock bottom for you.

#164 jaimex

jaimex

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

Maybe they aren't that tanky (the rogue who I just faced in rmd can confirm that) but the lockdown is a fact.

#165 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2013
  • 3v3: 2710
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:28 PM

Pretty sure the reason we don't see rogues isn't because they're bad, but becuase they're just not fun to play. They are oustandingly good when played right. Unfortunately having to dance around maintaing 3-4 just causes aggrivation.

Cheap shotting people 3x is absolutely fucking retarded. Too much of their damage is loaded into eviscerate, causing everything else they do to be utility in the form of stuns or % damage buffs for their team. In a game where nearly every kill is done when a healer is inside a giant CC chain, this is invaluable.

They are in a very strong place utility wise, and when they open they are damn near top of the charts when it comes to pressure. Unfortunately, once that opener goes away it leads to a long game of cat and mouse, which is frustrating for both the rogue and the enemy team having to chase burst of speed

Rogues also die pretty damn quickly inside a stun. Fient spamming doesn't help as it's unreliable to fient an entire stun, but it is good against caster teams. Even then, it's another ability they are spaming instead of damage that just causes them to waddle around mashing it with burst of speed waiting for restealths

Edited by Speedymart, 05 May 2014 - 09:30 PM.

Posted Image

#166 Dak1

Dak1
  • Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

View PostSpeedymart, on 05 May 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

Cheap shotting people 3x is absolutely fucking retarded.

So, outside of Cloak and Dagger, which I think only Woundman uses now, for the Rogue to get 3 Cheap Shots off, the enemy team must be positioned fairly close together.  Why is that more "retarded" than an AoE Leg Sweep, Shadowfury, Shockwave, or Howl of Terror (as examples)?  Cheap Shot is a 4 second stun and Shadowfury is 3, but the Rogue has to dump literally all of their energy into the Cheap Shots (120), while Shadowfury doesn't cost any resources.  And Shockwave is a 4 second stun too, again with no resource cost (and even does damage).

Is it because of Nerve Strike?  Because then the issue is Nerve Strike.

----

And if I misunderstood you and you mean landing 3 cheap shots on a single person, well... that's only going to be 7 seconds worth of stuns, which plenty of classes can pull off (and again, actually do damage while doing so... Leg Sweep -> Fist of Fury, for example).

Unfortunately, once that opener goes away it leads to a long game of cat and mouse, which is frustrating for both the rogue and the enemy team having to chase burst of speed

Agree with this, and really, I'd like to see Burst of Speed go away.  Too often Rogues get dumb mechanics that Blizz then tries to balance around (ie: Burst of Speed, Subterfuge).

Rogues also die pretty damn quickly inside a stun. Fient spamming doesn't help as it's unreliable to fient an entire stun, but it is good against caster teams. Even then, it's another ability they are spaming instead of damage that just causes them to waddle around mashing it with burst of speed waiting for restealths

100% agree with this.

#167 Korrosiv

Korrosiv
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 192

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:35 PM

im sure all rogues that play high rated feel the same when we talk about the VERY VERY few comps we can play RLS/Thug rmp? its so boring i would love to play with other classes. nobody ever wants a rogue anymore and its just boring and makes the game un enjoyable.
i dont know about other people but rogues are my all time favorite class, even when they are shit i still love them. but need a little variety in comps atleast and a better system

#168 Starbuck

Starbuck
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Caelestrasz
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/1/1/2/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

what the fuck did I just read? tanky?  WHAT???!!?!?

Make like a tree.. leave.

#169 swagoverlord

swagoverlord

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

I honestly don't know how you can be this stupid, just wow.

P.S you run lsd on your ele? earthgrab totem/spam entangle roots negates burst of speed, FF stops re stealth so if YOU have half a brain they should never re :P what you wrote sounds really good on paper though!
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#170 jaimex

jaimex

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

View Postswagoverlord, on 06 May 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

I honestly don't know how you can be this stupid, just wow.

P.S you run lsd on your ele? earthgrab totem/spam entangle roots negates burst of speed, FF stops re stealth so if YOU have half a brain they should never re :P what you wrote sounds really good on paper though!

1) I play other comps too, rogues are equally retarded versus everything
2) JK It's off GCD
3) Lol yeah ok its hard to ask for a dispel

#171 swagoverlord

swagoverlord

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

View Postjaimex, on 06 May 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

1) I play other comps too, rogues are equally retarded versus everything
2) JK It's off GCD
3) Lol yeah ok its hard to ask for a dispel
Yeah when I get my FF or root dispelled I will go into the unending fear spam for 15 seconds you're right!
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#172 Bootzx

Bootzx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1826

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

View Postjaimex, on 06 May 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

No, you won't if you are half decent. Which you evidently aren't. But you are US so by default you kind of suck.

He doesn't use honor buddy, that's more than could be said about you. Watching your posts since the start of this expansion until now, it feels something like a social experiment to see how quickly you can be outcast on the internet.

#173 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 2468
  • 3v3: 2768
  • 5v5: 2233
  • RBG: 2243
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

No, you won't if you are half decent. Which you evidently aren't. But you are US so by default you kind of suck.

surprised you aren't banned again by now tbh after all the posts you've made in here

#174 Cradienz

Cradienz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/0/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1602
  • 3v3: 2517
  • RBG: 1915
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:21 PM

Back on topic I think it's not that weird that there's a really low Rogue representation when you can play just about any other class and perform way better with way less effort

#175 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

You guys need to relax a bit

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#176 swagoverlord

swagoverlord

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:42 AM

I don't think anything even close to something that could be useful or even accurate has come out of you in any post you have ever made. You play ele shaman and warrior yet complain about classes like rogue that ele shamans and warriors do very well against just like gives me a headache trying to tell you you're wrong. I give up yeah EU is obviously superior with people like you getting 2.7 grats m8 :)

#177 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2013
  • 3v3: 2710
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

View PostDak1, on 05 May 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

So, outside of Cloak and Dagger, which I think only Woundman uses now, for the Rogue to get 3 Cheap Shots off, the enemy team must be positioned fairly close together.  Why is that more "retarded" than an AoE Leg Sweep, Shadowfury, Shockwave, or Howl of Terror (as examples)?  Cheap Shot is a 4 second stun and Shadowfury is 3, but the Rogue has to dump literally all of their energy into the Cheap Shots (120), while Shadowfury doesn't cost any resources.  And Shockwave is a 4 second stun too, again with no resource cost (and even does damage).

Is it because of Nerve Strike?  Because then the issue is Nerve Strike.

----

And if I misunderstood you and you mean landing 3 cheap shots on a single person, well... that's only going to be 7 seconds worth of stuns, which plenty of classes can pull off (and again, actually do damage while doing so... Leg Sweep -> Fist of Fury, for example).

I was specificly talking about cheap shotting the same target 3 times in a row. It happens quite frequently and it's disgusting. Things like leg sweep -> fists is also retarded, but rogues used to rarely cheap the same target twice, let alone three times.

Cheap -> Kidney -> Cheap happens quite often too. They'd rather get the 10% damage buff and throw up a tricks and let their mage partner do the globaling whenever they're outside of dance/blades. Also, normally I'd agree being able to cheap multiple targets is a fault of the enemy being positioned too closely together, but even this has become trivial due to every rogue having burst of speed and subterfuge. Reminds me a lot of the priest feather -> guise -> fear issue

Edited by Speedymart, 12 May 2014 - 11:38 AM.

Posted Image

#178 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1315
  • 3v3: 1949
  • RBG: 192

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostSpeedymart, on 12 May 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

I was specificly talking about cheap shotting the same target 3 times in a row. It happens quite frequently and it's disgusting. Things like leg sweep -> fists is also retarded, but rogues used to rarely cheap the same target twice, let alone three times.

Cheap -> Kidney -> Cheap happens quite often too. They'd rather get the 10% damage buff and throw up a tricks and let their mage partner do the globaling whenever they're outside of dance/blades. Also, normally I'd agree being able to cheap multiple targets is a fault of the enemy being positioned too closely together, but even this has become trivial due to every rogue having burst of speed and subterfuge. Reminds me a lot of the priest feather -> guise -> fear issue
Shockwave entire team cant be dodged or strombolt through a pillar please stop complaining about rogues and fuck off.

#179 bt4

bt4
  • Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:09 PM

View PostSpeedymart, on 12 May 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

As a warrior you should feel ashamed of ever complaining about rogue stuns.You need neither to think ahead to gather your ressource so you can use a stun nor aim as yours ignore parry/dodge and even if youre braindead and dont think about positioning  - ranged stun gg.Also complaining about multiple target cheap shot is cute when you have an aoe fear.

#180 Nixonxx

Nixonxx
  • Nixonx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2300
  • 3v3: 2810
  • 5v5: 2403
  • RBG: 2202
  • LocationCarmel, California

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:12 PM

View Postswagoverlord, on 07 May 2014 - 01:42 AM, said:

I don't think anything even close to something that could be useful or even accurate has come out of you in any post you have ever made. You play ele shaman and warrior yet complain about classes like rogue that ele shamans and warriors do very well against just like gives me a headache trying to tell you you're wrong. I give up yeah EU is obviously superior with people like you getting 2.7 grats m8 :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA GET FARMED BY JACK JAIMEX JAJAJAJAJAJA
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rogue, existing, futile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<