Bit of reforging advice for a new-ish Aff-Lock

gear warlock reforge new affliction dps

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Eliphias

Eliphias
  • Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:35 PM

Hey guys, hope I'm going about posting correctly, I need a bit of help reforging my gear/managing haste.

I'm sitting at around 27% haste now and want a couple of ideas on where to go from there, I'm thinking of dropping down to 25% and bringing my mastery up and start hitting my socket bonuses (how important is this?).

I mainly 2v2 but on occasion I do do 3s. I've only been at this for around a month or two now but have been bitten by the pvp bug and want to improve past my current rating.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

#2 Eliphias

Eliphias
  • Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

I'll take that as a no :mellow:

#3 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1656
  • 3v3: 2418
  • 5v5: 2203
  • RBG: 1
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

look on ladder, filter by warlock look up the top 5 warlocks or so, see what they all chose in common and then just copy them. or
Posted Image

#4 Nympheu

Nympheu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1501
  • RBG: 2312
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

I'm sitting at around 27% haste now and want a couple of ideas on where to go from there, I'm thinking of dropping down to 25% and bringing my mastery up and start hitting my socket bonuses (how important is this?).

Heya,

Your haste is fine, for affliction at least, I wouldn't really mess with it.

You should be hitting your socket bonuses, like, always, it's free intellect! Also make sure to enchant or you'll be at a disadvantage the minute you even queue.

If you're really struggling with reforging, and you know roughly your stat priorities, then do as Asparagus said and look up the top warlocks of the ladder for your spec (you should do this anyway to copy gems/enchants/talents/glyphs etc) and get an addon called reforgelite... You can reconfigure it to your specific stat priorities and it will reforge for you. It isn't ideal or as good as trawling through yourself, but you can set your priorities and a couple of stat break points, so you wont have to worry so much now whilst you're learning :) As long as you're *roughly* at the right numbers you'll be okay whilst you get to grips with everything, I think!

Twitter.com/Cheninix

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 384
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

Keep 27%. Mastery is strong - but not enough to neglect intellect for it. I imagine you're somewhere inbetween 537-540? On my lock the only pieces I don't take the bonus on is legs & chest, 120 PvP power is worth fuck all.

Edited by Blood_Ruby_XII, 06 April 2014 - 08:12 PM.

I'm a faceless piece of meat for your perusal

Posted Image
Posted Image

Blood Ruby - can't add char back to profile because bnet is shitting itself

#6 Blood_Ruby_XIII

Blood_Ruby_XIII
  • Members
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

Keep 27%. Mastery is strong - but not enough to neglect intellect for it. I imagine you're somewhere inbetween 537-540? On my lock the only pieces I don't take the bonus on is legs & chest, 120 PvP power is worth fuck all.

Incorrect. And stop swearing
West Ham until I die

#7 Elusion

Elusion
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/2/2/0/.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:59 AM

Incorrect. And stop swearing

source? or useless information.

and its a public internet forum. people swear deal with it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gear, warlock, reforge, new, affliction, dps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<