• Curse Sites
Help

PvP Ratings Website

Live Results PvP Ratings Arena History Graphs Conquest Calculator Title Cutoff Stream

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Lupon

Lupon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 955
  • 3v3: 2210
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1855

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

I know a lot of people already know about this PvP Ratings website but for those of you who haven't heard of it, or maybe went to it and didn't understand how it works, I thought I would make this post to outline some of the features since I believe it has a lot to offer the WoW PvP community.

Index Page
  • The index page has tabs for each bracket (2v2, 3v3, 5v5, RBG) and each tab has Live Results for matches as they finish.
  • Players highlighted in green indicate they won and players highlighted in red indicate they lost.
  • Underneath that there is a Recent Activity section that shows accumulated wins/losses over the past 15 minutes so even if they haven't won a game recently enough to end up on the live results, you can still see that they have queued recently.
  • Underneath that there are statistics showing representation on the ladder (ie. what percent of total players are shamans, what percent of total players are Goblins, etc)

Player Search
  • Player search feature that is accessed in the top right corner of the website. It will match partial names and also SPECIAL CHARACTERS! So if you are looking for someone with a weird letter in their name, just type the normal name and it will find the match! If it can't find the player then you can...

Add Players
  • Accessed from the leaderboard drop down menu at the top. If you can't find your character, then you can add it by entering the server and name (if there is a special character in your name, you have to include it here)

Player Profile
  • Each player has an in individual character page accessed from clicking on their name (from search, ladder, index page, etc).
  • If the player streams, there will be a Twitch.tv link underneath their name.
  • There are also tabs for each bracket, similar to index page and for each bracket you can see their games played history, as well as a graph of their rating history.
  • If the rating is not up to date you can click on the orange 'Update' button to get most recent rating.
  • Only games for players in the top 1000 are recorded for game history and clicking on a game will bring you to...

Game History
  • Accessed from the leaderboard drop down menu at the top. This will allow you to see results from past games.
  • Specify a bracket, start time and end time (and add server/name filters if you want) and game results will be shown that happened between those times. Useful for seeing who players are playing with and who they won/lost against!

Ladder
  • This ladder is similar to the one on the battle net community page but it has the capability to go beyond the top 1000 players that the battle net one is limited to.
  • If you filter by server, for instance, you can see top players on server including players that won't show up on the leaderboard list. The rankings are not guaranteed to be accurate beyond the top 1000 since not all players will necessarily be on the website/recently updated. If a player isn't listed you can add them

Title Cutoffs
  • This page shows the title cutoff rating requirements for each bracket based on current participation and updated every hour. In season 14 blizzard only counted players above 1000 rating, but if that changes in s15 you can alter it by changing the 'eligibility rating cutoff'

Conquest Point Calculator
  • Pretty self explanatory, you can use it to figure out what your conquest cap will be the following week based on your current rating, OR if you have a conquest cap goal you want to reach you can use it to figure out what rating you need to push for this week.

Twitch Streams
  • This page will show you a list of WOW PVP STREAMERS. You won't need to sort through a bunch of pve crap or girls with cleavage doing random bg's. If you know a players in-game name, but don't know their stream link, you can filter by name and server and it will find the stream for you. If you want to get better at your alt class you can filter by that class and you will get a list of streamers for that class that you can watch to improve. If you have a stream yourself and it's not listed you can request it be added.

Last thing to note is there are US and EU versions of the website (us.pvpratings.com & eu.pvpratings.com) it will default to your current location, but you can specify by clicking on the flags at the top left

If anybody else knows any other features or uses for PvP Ratings website, post here and I'll update this.

#2 Eowynnz

Eowynnz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1778
  • 3v3: 2176
  • 5v5: 2242
  • RBG: 1655

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:07 PM

Really well done man. I'm wondering - how do you track the live results? Cool project though, thumbs up!
twitch.tv/eowynnlol
2400+ rls/shadowplay

#3 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2477
  • 3v3: 3080
  • RBG: 2541
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

I wonder what the main reason behind creating this website was. I mean at the end it's still made by someone who used several kind of hacks in arena matches, which is the reason why I'll never go on it ever.

#4 jaimex

jaimex
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1743
  • 3v3: 3121
  • 5v5: 864

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

shut up

edit: i meant doomsen, not the OP. this website is awesome :)

Edited by jaimex, 26 March 2014 - 10:40 PM.

#5 Polygonzz

Polygonzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1467
  • 3v3: 2192
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1994

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:22 AM

View PostTteSPORTSDoomsen, on 26 March 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

I wonder what the main reason behind creating this website was. I mean at the end it's still made by someone who used several kind of hacks in arena matches, which is the reason why I'll never go on it ever.

This is one of the most pathetic things I've read in a while. I feel sorry for you.

Nice site by the way!

#6 Lupon

Lupon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:01 AM

I wonder what the main reason behind creating this website was.

If someone likes sports, for example Hockey, they can go to NHL.com and see who is playing, who previously played, their standings, individual player statistics, etc.  
So the idea for this site is kind of similar.  An extra source of statistics and information to get people more interested in the pvp scene.  Also, if you are stuck at work or bored somewhere away from your pc you could even go to this site on your tablet or phone to see who is queuing and the outcome of the games to help get your fix.

Another cool site I just found out about it fotm.us / fotm.eu  - worth checking out as well

#7 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:24 AM

ill just run this page on my 2nd monitor and que up when i see a shaman

ive got titanfall to play cant be wasting my time on shit i cant beat instantly

#8 Baabaakanush

Baabaakanush

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:47 AM

View Postkazuhmeer, on 27 March 2014 - 03:24 AM, said:

sad but this is what people are gonna do with this website :D

#9 Sneltus

Sneltus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/1/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 1577
  • 3v3: 1854
  • 5v5: 1913
  • RBG: 1882

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:38 AM

The only issue is that it's gonna be so much easier for anyone to snipe/dodge if they use the website and it's updated fairly quickly. Unfortunate, but still a cool tool. Thanks for the post!

spewytrons said:

lol just make sure ur mage is try to frost nova on dk an lot as much as he can for him to kite him a lot..thx
Hero will never give up,
never hide, never be defeated,
never accept evil.
Posted Image

#10 Lupon

Lupon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostBackoffpup, on 27 March 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

The only issue is that it's gonna be so much easier for anyone to snipe/dodge if they use the website and it's updated fairly quickly. Unfortunate, but still a cool tool. Thanks for the post!

If everyone used it to dodge, then I agree, that would be bad as it would result in fewer games being played.  However, if  more people used it to 'snipe' it could inflate the ladders and result in more teams playing.  ie.  warrior sees shaman queuing, warrior queues up. Wizards see warrior queueing, wizards queue up.  Hunters see Wizards queuing, hunters queue up.  As a result you now have a much larger pool of players queuing.

I'm not sure if this is how it works in practice, but hopefully.

#11 Baabaakanush

Baabaakanush

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

View PostLupon, on 27 March 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

However, if  more people used it to 'snipe' it could inflate the ladders and result in more teams playing.  ie.  warrior sees shaman queuing, warrior queues up.

this sounds really fun! q'ing to snipe someone to only get sniped by someone else who is going to get sniped!!! Great!

#12 catastrophiq1

catastrophiq1
  • Junkies

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostBaabaakanush, on 27 March 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

this sounds really fun! q'ing to snipe someone to only get sniped by someone else who is going to get sniped!!! Great!
it's like a game of COD!

#13 Gyno

Gyno

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

Bookmarked and saving for later.I like the site. Nice job.

#14 terdek

terdek
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2104
  • 3v3: 2515
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 2039
  • LocationMálaga

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

Very nice page, I really liked it.
Posted Image
Healing for me please...

#15 drockzo

drockzo
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2224
  • 3v3: 2947
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 576

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

I don't think he actually made the website since hes asking for people to list other features that they find

#16 Stindse

Stindse
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/1/0/.
  • 2v2: 2620
  • 3v3: 2759
  • 5v5: 2122
  • RBG: 2042

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:11 AM

View Postkazuhmeer, on 27 March 2014 - 03:24 AM, said:

Repped

#17 Lupon

Lupon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

Another practical application for this site is identifying players who exploit or game the mmr system:

http://www.arenajunk...ssian-wintrade/
http://www.arenajunk...e__hl__ vigaboy

#18 zzo

zzo
  • Junkies

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostLupon, on 28 March 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Another practical application for this site is identifying players who exploit or game the mmr system:

http://www.arenajunk...ssian-wintrade/
http://www.arenajunk...e__hl__ vigaboy

How did vigaboy exploit anything? He played with low mmr alts, he didn't break any rules, he q'd like any other player, and risked losing alot for a loss.

I'd give this guy as a better example.
http://pvpratings.co...ew/kazzak/Domzz
Posted Image

#19 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2532

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

would be nice if Italian servers were added so people playing there can be tracked also?

people like http://eu.battle.net...Hullabaloo/feed, who was boosted by minpojke

I guess boosting is ok if you are the one getting the money from it? if not then cya time to tweet Holinka 1000 times about it :)

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#20 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1656
  • 3v3: 2418
  • 5v5: 2203
  • RBG: 1
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 28 March 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

would be nice if Italian servers were added so people playing there can be tracked also?

people like http://eu.battle.net...Hullabaloo/feed, who was boosted by minpojke

I guess boosting is ok if you are the one getting the money from it? if not then cya time to tweet Holinka 1000 times about it :)

Minpojke strikes again.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<