• Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1762
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 767

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

@Qwey,

You play as double dps in 2s ?

Yeah. I'm not high rated but I've been running mage/warlock and it seems decent. Hard to tell since there's so much cheese in 2s :P
:3

#22 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

One thing to consider (at least in 2s) is using soul link. Gives regen and increased HP. I find it helps more then dark bargain.

Agreed,

I run soul link when doing 2s carries for the self regen and ember tap scales with hp% and mastery. Very effective for staying up and winning 1vs1 situations.

Only thing about the guide, I feel there are a lot more viable destro lock 2xdps 2s comps that people either aren't sharing or haven't really tried.

For example,
Feral + destro can work as well as boomer + destro but it's not mentioned

I could also see comps working with a ele sham, ret, and punch monk but haven't been on to try them out myself.

#23 Nasoj

Nasoj
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1568
  • 3v3: 1141
  • RBG: 1610
  • LocationChina

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

really helpful guide for people coming back to the game or recently starting to get into warlocks, well done!

#24 Iceflame

Iceflame
  • Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

Now I am a totaly random scrub who played 3s max at 1740 so you can pay me no attention if you don't want to, but I'd like to point out that glyph of unending resolve can be considered as well. The way I see it is that you can use it offensively every 2 minutes with your burst just for that aura mastery so you can get those chaos bolts out. I've also seen thug use it and it kind of feels like this glyph has been invented specificaly for chaos bolt bursts.

#25 Tronux

Tronux

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

I'm running Arcane, destro, holy paladin at 2.3k, its also viable.

#26 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Sorry for my late reply guys, I was quite busy this week :)

@Hackattack & Kwey, I modified the talents chapter to include soul link for 2s as double dps and duels.

@Hackattack, I included the feral + destro comp to the guide.

@Nasoj, thank you, glad you liked the guide :)

@Iceflame, Thug is not using this glyph anymore. I asked him on his stream and he said that eternal resolve was the best choice.

@Tronux, I included this comp to the guide. Do not hesitate to share your strats as destro/arc/hpala, I'll include them to the guide.

Regards.

2928d50b7e413a8ddaf370ee54429eb5.png

#27 Shaderz

Shaderz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2213
  • 3v3: 2125
  • 5v5: 2031
  • RBG: 2040
  • LocationPA

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:58 AM

This is an awesome guide for warlocks in general. I mainly play Aids simply because I feel it's more...noob friendly. Lol. Destro is 1000x more fun though and seeing people are still able to get 2k fairly easy I may switch back since my main as a Holy priest is a very painful uphill climb compared to others. Thanks for the inspiration!

#28 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:02 AM

@Shaderz, Thank you, glad you enjoyed the guide :)

#29 Devourr

Devourr
  • Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:48 AM

Great guide :) thank you

#30 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

@Devourr, thank you, glad you liked the guide :)

#31 Coolidge

Coolidge
  • Members

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:15 AM

One thing you could mention, (although it is pretty self explanitory), is on sacrificing pets. I always sacrifice my Voidwalker which increases maximum health by 30% for a small amount of time to add to my defensive CD's. Many of the other pets also have some nice benefits as well. (Only reason I would include this is because of all the dinged 90s from expansion boost.)

As for Destruction, I would say it by far has the best survivability of all lock specs with Ember Tap. Mixed with Dark Regen / healthstone, twilight ward, ember tap, and voidwalker buff along with portal / teleport, I would say Destruction has some amazing survivability compared to other classes.

When it comes to damage, Destruction is one of the most insane damage classes I have ever played. If you are being trained, or have no chance to cast you can conflagrate / fel flame / incinerate procs which can do a ton of instant damage. You have a DoTcalled immolate which does a fairly good amount of damage. You have one of the best, if not the best execute in the entire game. You have one of the hardest, if not the hardest hitting spell in the game, chaos bolt; And you have a spell called havok which can use you chaos bolt on two players at once.

When it comes to CC you have your basic fear, blood horror for MDPS, HoT AoE fear, and mortal coil. Very capable of stun / fear locking a player for a good amount of time and offering yourself room to cast chaos bolts.

Destruction is by far my favorite spec / class for this season. I think people arn't realizing it as much as they should, but just the idea of a destruction lock should make someone cry. Someone with that much survivability, CC and damage with a health pool over 700k?

Overall, I have messed around with all the lock specs in PvP so far and I always end up coming back to this one, and I plan on staying here for a while. Unfortionetly I haven't done much PvP on him this season besides capping, (been playing arms :) ) , once I get all my prideful gear, and my chaos bolts are hitting over 210k I will settle in a nice LSD / MLS team and do some pushing.

Other than that this guide is awesome and I recommend it to any beginner lock looking to jump into pvp.

#32 Slaggy

Slaggy
  • LocationThird World New Zealand

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

I find destro much more enjoyable and at the same time exponentially more frustrating thanthe other 2 specs available to warlocks. If you play properly, play with the proper classes, and know how to survive between burst phases Destro can and will be more rewarding than its counterparts.

The utility destro brings far surpasses the other 2 specs. Examples would be : havoc and its many many uses (coil, spell lock, conflag snare, ect), placeable and spamable rain of fire to prevetn stealth openers. Self heals (ember tap heals my lock for 90k per tap), the most insane burst damage in the game, the best execute in the game, one of the best CCs in the game (fear), and aoe version (howl), party gateway (remove this for the love of fuck).

find a mage or find an ele, hell even a rogue will work to 2100. partners matter ALOT to destro locks.

It will drive you nuts it will turn your hair gray and you will want to smash your keyboard playing destro above 2k. But there is times, oh man is there times (teary eyed now) where you get everything perfect. you conflag, havoc, the double coil goes out, there is some CC on the healer. ANY CC will do. the chaos bolts fly and you watch 2 diff people get 50% of their hp chunked away. the feels....

(tip: if your playing MLS/D like me, have your mage deep orb the last second of your coil. so you coil, he deeps the last second on coil and orbs, deep and chaos bolt land at teh same time, most of the time the kill target is already at or under 50%, mage only need to do about 150k dmg and you shadowburn your way to victory.)

I'm ilvl 540, my chaos bolts with surge proc and jade spirit (always try to burst on trinket proc, worst thing that happens is your get locked down) hit between 200k-240k with DSoul and on use. without DSoul and on use but still with procs they hit 120k-140k so still big damage but more survivable. Also, i have roughly 600k hp playing sac and bargain, ember tap heals around 85k-90k, and if you are playing vs a melee cleave you may want to sac a voidberry for the last stand effect, pushes my hp to 800k and my taps to over 105k

Edited by Slaggy, 08 April 2014 - 12:31 AM.

#33 Shiva12

Shiva12
  • Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:34 AM

Thanks for the guide. I've been PVPing as Destruction whilst leveling and I have to say that it's really fun. I'm only 73 so there's a fair ways to go but I'm enjoying myself at the moment. A lot of people like Affliction in BGs but for me Destruction has the punch in the gut feel that's too good to pass up. Admittedly, it does get silly when I get one shotted by Aimed Shots or Chimera Shots. But still, it's nice.

#34 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

I think this guide deserves a sticky.

#35 Alphric

Alphric
  • Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

I was looking at the macros, and the fact that you're suggesting running two dps trinkets. Can you macro both trinkets in with dark soul to click together?
Also I'm a dwarf, is stone form worth using?

#36 Alphric

Alphric
  • Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:26 PM

Wait. Is surge of dominance the proc from the other trinket?

#37 substance

substance
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1587
  • 3v3: 1816
  • RBG: 767
  • Locationbreckenridge

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:42 PM

Surge is a proc trinket. Macro the on use one with dark soul.

#38 Alphric

Alphric
  • Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

Ok I see it now-thanks!

#39 Alphric

Alphric
  • Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:38 AM

Do you recommend starting the fight with the feldog out, spell locking the main target, sac pet, and then spell lock the healer? Or something of that nature?

#40 Alphric

Alphric
  • Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

2 questions:
Is the legendary cape better than the Grevious cape?
Who is Thugonomicz - big deal pvp, biggish deal, some guy?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<