• Curse Sites
Help

An Arena Junkies Cooperative Initiative

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Regent

Regent

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

Life Story: Earlier today I was getting some lunch and overheard a group of people loudly complaining about Obamacare and how it was apparently ruining the country. After a few moments, one of the guys who had been quiet said something like, "You all sit here and complain about it, yet you offer no alternative, you complain instead of trying to offer solutions or start real discussions." This got me thinking, and while I ate my burrito, I realized that this could describe the WoW community pretty well (albeit not exactly.) I tried to think of ways we could improve and came up with this idea.

Problem: High rated WoW players are frustrated with imbalances in gameplay, but tend to complain aimlessly instead of working together to provide a strong argument. Blizzard doesn't have a good pipeline through which to communicate with the experienced arena community. While Holinka does have an active twitter, the platform is severely limited in length and can be confusing to use.

Proposal: Every week, starting on monday, a thread will be put up where players can go and post questions or points of discussion. On Wednesday, the top posts from that thread will be put into a new thread with a poll. The AJ community will then vote the top 5 questions/discussion points.

We approach holinka (some mods here know his personal contact info possibly?) and ask for him to commit to answering the 5 questions every week sometime between friday and sunday. Once he answers, the Q&A will be posted to the news feed on the front page of AJ. Then on monday the process starts over.

The Goal: To generate better discussion of the game, while limiting ourselves to the things we find most pressing. To better the relationship between players and developer(s). Reduce the general complaining seen on Arena Junkies (we are all guilty of this.) Five questions a week is not a large commitment, but would be very helpful in increasing the dialogue.

If anyone has suggestions on how to improve the idea, let me know!

Edited by Regent, 12 March 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#2 Nixonxx

Nixonxx
  • Nixonx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2300
  • 3v3: 2810
  • 5v5: 2403
  • RBG: 2202
  • LocationCarmel, California

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:07 PM

View PostCapstone, on 12 March 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

good idea i have a lot of questions that require answering

are any developers still open to the idea of deleting hunters? what about death knights?

thanks for reading my post before it's deleted

You're an idiot.

For the greater good of man kind, consider ending yourself here.

View PostRegent, on 12 March 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Life Story: Earlier today I was getting some lunch and overheard a group of people loudly complaining about Obamacare and how it was apparently ruining the country. After a few moments, one of the guys who had been quiet said something like, "You all sit here and complain about it, yet you offer no alternative, you complain instead of trying to offer solutions or start real discussions." This got me thinking, and while I ate my burrito, I realized that this could describe the WoW community pretty well (albeit not exactly.) I tried to think of ways we could improve and came up with this idea.

Problem: High rated WoW players are frustrated with imbalances in gameplay, but tend to complain aimlessly instead of working together to provide a strong argument. Blizzard doesn't have a good pipeline through which to communicate with the experienced arena community. While Holinka does have an active twitter, the platform is severely limited in length and can be confusing to use.

Proposal: Every week, starting on monday, a thread will be put up where players can go and post questions or points of discussion. On Wednesday, the top posts from that thread will be put into a new thread with a poll. The AJ community will then vote the top 5 questions/discussion points.

We approach holinka (some mods here know his personal contact info possibly?) and ask for him to commit to answering the 5 questions every week sometime between friday and sunday. Once he answers, the Q&A will be posted to the news feed on the front page of AJ. Then on monday the process starts over.

The Goal: To generate better discussion of the game, while limiting ourselves to the things we find most pressing. To better the relationship between players and developer(s). Reduce the general complaining seen on Arena Junkies (we are all guilty of this.) Five questions a week is not a large commitment, but would be very helpful in increasing the dialogue.

If anyone has suggestions on how to improve the idea, let me know!

As for you, Mr. Regent, I really like the idea.

Go fourth with victory, friend; I'd really like to see your proposal become a reality.
Posted Image

#3 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

In before Jamie!

Sounds like a good idea to me.  It definitely couldn't hurt.

#4 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

Blizzard has had plenty of opportunities to listen to real veteran player's insight on the game yet instead they cater to casual 1700 players on the official wow forum. I appreciate your optimism but nobody really has the motivation anymore. I guarantee someone like nada/hoodr could go to blizzard for a week and 360 PvP but if you take into account Blizzard's lack of compassion you won't see this happen. Think about the complete abandonment of mlg because of the laziness in making a spectator mode which a french private server has already had for years.

#5 Farmboy

Farmboy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1580
  • 3v3: 1957
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

This is a damn good idea. Hope it goes somewhere.

#6 Regent

Regent

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

View Postflannelsoff, on 12 March 2014 - 08:18 PM, said:

Blizzard has had plenty of opportunities to listen to real veteran player's insight on the game yet instead they cater to casual 1700 players on the official wow forum. I appreciate your optimism but nobody really has the motivation anymore. I guarantee someone like nada/hoodr could go to blizzard for a week and 360 PvP but if you take into account Blizzard's lack of compassion you won't see this happen. Think about the complete abandonment of mlg because of the laziness in making a spectator mode which a french private server has already had for years.

I really think Blizzard has realized how close they are to losing PvP players. WoD has a lot of the stuff we've been asking for (spectator, tourny gear)

#7 seadogsnrebz

seadogsnrebz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2460
  • RBG: 1953

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

I support this message. I don't think anyone at blizzard pvps at a high level so I don't think they have any real basis to go on to fix the problems. Everyone from junkie to i-just-want-my-100-win-mount players give blizzard an earful of biased feedback so I suppose you can't blame them for sucking at filtering it out.

An organized forum for the best and most dedicated players to air their most urgent grievances on a regular basis sounds perfect.

Make it reality plz.

Edited by seadogsnrebz, 12 March 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#8 Capstone

Capstone

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

real concerns:
2v2 should really have a stacking damage buff to accompany the battle fatigue or something, still goes on forever with turtling teams

dematerialize should really have a longer CD than 10 seconds, i don't mind monks being resilient but unkillable is annoying

a new study has shown that warlock/ele is responsible for 10% of people who have contracted aids in the last year, it's quite annoying (probably for elemental shamans as well) to be able to easily shut down an ele's cooldowns and then randomly get vegas'd to 30% when you try to set up offensively

hunters, they use all their abilities to solo people from 40 yards away while simultaneously creating a 3v1 scenario using abilities that are instant and sometimes not on the global cooldown. oh, and they have an extremely powerful defensive cooldown available to all their teammates every minute (i thought we had pretty much done away with this for dps classes). this isn't a question of hunters being overpowered as much as it is one of them being fucking horrible to be in the same arena as - everytime i match into a bow i feel like i can't directly influence his control over the game, i just have to deal with whatever he decides to do as the arena god

frostbolt doesn't do enough damage, ice lance does too much (what's new)

death knight, this is truly the most poorly designed class in the game, they are so weak against some things and strong against others, why do they have no way to catch anyone but 10000 ways to avoid standard cc? they're practically uncontrollable, but they move at the speed of a slug. if you pair them with a warrior they run on top of your healer and win the game with 70k gargoyle hits and 150k soul reapers, but if your team can run around the arena long enough, they just waddle around in circles like a vanilla melee class

subterfuge, this ability should really last 3 seconds after you get hit or as soon as you attack someone, it is not fun to watch your shaman die to the air

game is not that bad considering where it was in season 12 and 13

#9 seadogsnrebz

seadogsnrebz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2460
  • RBG: 1953

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

View PostCapstone, on 12 March 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

death knight, this is truly the most poorly designed class in the game, they are so weak against some things and strong against others, why do they have no way to catch anyone but 10000 ways to avoid standard cc? they're practically uncontrollable, but they move at the speed of a slug. if you pair them with a warrior they run on top of your healer and win the game with 70k gargoyle hits and 150k soul reapers, but if your team can run around the arena long enough, they just waddle around in circles like a vanilla melee class

Though off the topic of creatig a forum to air grievances,  this is the first unbiased assessment I've heard about dks ever. +rep

Edited by seadogsnrebz, 12 March 2014 - 09:08 PM.

#10 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

I support anything that sparks constructive posting, do it man.

#11 dominera

dominera
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2256
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1684
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

Go for it, good idea

#12 sounds

sounds
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

View Postseadogsnrebz, on 12 March 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

Though off the topic of creatig a forum to air grievances,  this is the first unbiased assessment I've heard about dks ever. +rep

Should be able to actually attack the gargoyle too.

#13 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1656
  • 3v3: 2418
  • 5v5: 2203
  • RBG: 1
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

I want a burito now. :/

On topic: This is a really good idea and should get attention of the mods so they can help further.

Edited by Neosaurfang, 12 March 2014 - 09:50 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:04 PM

Great idea Regent, i say we do this.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#15 zzo

zzo
  • Junkies

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:04 PM

I like the idea, but we're going to need some serious orwellian moderation
+ some good ideas
+ connections
+ holinka doing something

Edit: so it sounds nicer

Edited by Aces, 12 March 2014 - 11:38 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

We can give it a try.

#17 Gekz

Gekz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2399
  • 3v3: 2829
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:48 PM

wat kind of burrito was it

#18 snugglebunny

snugglebunny

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

wow is not going to ever be "fixed"

#19 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:00 AM

keep us updated on your lunch revelations of 2014, regentlord.

#20 Regent

Regent

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:03 AM

View PostGekz, on 12 March 2014 - 11:48 PM, said:

wat kind of burrito was it

I actually went with the burrito bowl, from Chipotle. Chicken, I usually get steak but was feeling adventurous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<