Hunter 2v2 double dps

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Azerathe

Azerathe
  • Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

Hello there!

This is a topic regarding playing 2's as a double DPS team composed by Hunter/X!

What I want to know from the Hunter Pvp-community is the general idea of what viable setups there is for hunters, as well as what is the general weakness of hunters in 2v2.

What role does the "X" class fill for the hunter, except for the raw DPS output. Is it the off heals? Extra CC? Peels?
Which part is the most important for the "X" to fill?

The thing is that I've been playing warlock now for a good long time, been pretty high rated etc. and know the class well.
But as WoD is approaching I've got the feeling that it's time to reroll into something new.
And I do know it's way to early to make an accurate guess for how it will be in WoD, but I just want to hear YOUR thoughts and speculations about it as YOU are the ones who knows your class best and the rumors about it and WoD.
So just give it a try :)

My friend is going to play Hunter and I'm trying to figure out which class I should choose so that we might team-up for 2s in pvp.
I know that 3's is probably more balanced etc etc. but we've both agreed it will probably mostly be 2's we'll be playing.
We've discussed it back and forth and have been thinking of Hunter/Feral, Hunter/Monk, Hunter/Shaman, Hunter/Rogue.

Though is there any other viable, as of the moment, comps we're missing here?

As I mentioned earlier its only Double DPS we're planning so Priest/Hunter, Pala/hunter etc is out of the question.

What has been viable most frequently the latest X-pacs? :)

Thank you very much for your help

#2 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1656
  • 3v3: 2418
  • 5v5: 2203
  • RBG: 1
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

Hunter/Rogue & Hunter/Monk and maybe Ret but if you intend to do 3s later i would suggest just going with rogue or monk.
Posted Image

#3 imsonmia

imsonmia
  • Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

Hello, Hunter/rogue or Hunter/Feral is very strong comp at 2s, a lot of pills, controls and strong damage, yesterday i was playing Hunter/Shadow very stron comp nice heals, and cc..

#4 Azerathe

Azerathe
  • Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

View PostNeosaurfang, on 12 March 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

Hunter/Rogue & Hunter/Monk and maybe Ret but if you intend to do 3s later i would suggest just going with rogue or monk.
Alright, but don't you think that Monks will taste the nerf-bat real hard now that a new expansion is on the rise and Monks no longer will be the commercial-poster-pillar for MoP? I mean, a lot of their healing capabilities are being altered and such. + They have few real CC's? 1v1 they are incredible but still?   What are your thoughts on Ferals?  Hm, Rogue is probably nice but I've never had "THAT" feel for the class so I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as some of the others, even though they are excelling at CC and burst damage.

View Postimsonmia, on 12 March 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

Hello, Hunter/rogue or Hunter/Feral is very strong comp at 2s, a lot of pills, controls and strong damage, yesterday i was playing Hunter/Shadow very stron comp nice heals, and cc..

Hm, I believe I won't be playing Shadow priest anytime soon actually. Played it once but got tired of it with the release of MoP and the altered play style of it.

But if I rewind the tape a little bit;
If you could try to give me an input on the following questions I'd be delighted :)
What role does the "X" class fill for the hunter, except for the raw DPS output. Is it the off heals? Extra CC? Peels?
Which part is the most important for the "X" to fill for a hunter setup to be functioning?

#5 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1656
  • 3v3: 2418
  • 5v5: 2203
  • RBG: 1
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostAzerathe, on 12 March 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

Alright, but don't you think that Monks will taste the nerf-bat real hard now that a new expansion is on the rise and Monks no longer will be the commercial-poster-pillar for MoP? I mean, a lot of their healing capabilities are being altered and such. + They have few real CC's? 1v1 they are incredible but still?   What are your thoughts on Ferals?  Hm, Rogue is probably nice but I've never had "THAT" feel for the class so I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as some of the others, even though they are excelling at CC and burst damage.

Hm, I believe I won't be playing Shadow priest anytime soon actually. Played it once but got tired of it with the release of MoP and the altered play style of it.

But if I rewind the tape a little bit;
If you could try to give me an input on the following questions I'd be delighted :)
Which part is the most important for the "X" to fill for a hunter setup to be functioning?

Ferals are good too, but right now alot of monks are playing with a hunter and are doing very good. You can make anything work its about what you enjoy playing the most.
Posted Image

#6 jaimex

jaimex
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1743
  • 3v3: 3121
  • 5v5: 864

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

View Postimsonmia, on 12 March 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

i have nothing to contribute here that hasnt been said but this is hilarious.

#7 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1046
  • 3v3: 1423
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

View PostAzerathe, on 12 March 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

Alright, but don't you think that Monks will taste the nerf-bat real hard now that a new expansion is on the rise and Monks no longer will be the commercial-poster-pillar for MoP? I mean, a lot of their healing capabilities are being altered and such. + They have few real CC's? 1v1 they are incredible but still?

Monks were not amazing this expac by any means, and weren't OP because they were the "poster pillar for MoP." They were just a normal class, not like the season 5 DK. Blizzard isnt just going to turn them to shit next expac. They will still remain a decent class, just a few things like healing orbs will be changed.

So yes, they will be playable next expac assuming Blizzard doesn't fuck up. But monks have just as much of a chance of being bad as any other class.
Posted Image

#8 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

double post.
Posted Image

#9 Azerathe

Azerathe
  • Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostCapers, on 12 March 2014 - 06:28 PM, said:

Monks were not amazing this expac by any means, and weren't OP because they were the "poster pillar for MoP." They were just a normal class, not like the season 5 DK. Blizzard isnt just going to turn them to shit next expac. They will still remain a decent class, just a few things like healing orbs will be changed.

So yes, they will be playable next expac assuming Blizzard doesn't fuck up. But monks have just as much of a chance of being bad as any other class.

Alright, thank you. Well indeed they might not have been the DK-sort of broken class I can agree with that. They do have a couple of neat tricks up their sleeves and amazing healing capabilities.  But still which of the three do you think is the one syncing best with Hunters in 2s? Rogue, Monk or Druid? :)

#10 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

View PostAzerathe, on 12 March 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

Alright, thank you. Well indeed they might not have been the DK-sort of broken class I can agree with that. They do have a couple of neat tricks up their sleeves and amazing healing capabilities.  But still which of the three do you think is the one syncing best with Hunters in 2s? Rogue, Monk or Druid? :)

I've played rogue hunter and it was actually very fun. I haven't seen feral hunter, but ferals are usually somewhat squishy without a priest or pally on their team to symbiosis. Monk hunter probably works well too. I just have personal experience as the rogue on a rogue hunter team and it was fun.
Posted Image

#11 Regent

Regent

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

View Postjaimex, on 12 March 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

i have nothing to contribute here that hasnt been said but this is hilarious.

pop a molly, im scattershottin

#12 Azerathe

Azerathe
  • Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostCapers, on 12 March 2014 - 06:59 PM, said:

I've played rogue hunter and it was actually very fun. I haven't seen feral hunter, but ferals are usually somewhat squishy without a priest or pally on their team to symbiosis. Monk hunter probably works well too. I just have personal experience as the rogue on a rogue hunter team and it was fun.

Alright, but how are rogues then in general now? I mean... I've kind of grinder them to dust as warlock this xpac, which used to be the other way around. But how are they vs. other melee's? What's rogues weaknesses? How do they fare off in both 2v2 and 3v3?

View PostRegent, on 12 March 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

pop a molly, im scattershottin

Hah... wtf?

#13 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

View PostAzerathe, on 12 March 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

Alright, but how are rogues then in general now? I mean... I've kind of grinder them to dust as warlock this xpac, which used to be the other way around. But how are they vs. other melee's? What's rogues weaknesses? How do they fare off in both 2v2 and 3v3?

It would take a while to type out all of that, but I will just say they definitely aren't weak. They're top tier for melee, if not the best once we get gear. They're super gear dependent though.
Posted Image

#14 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:47 PM

I wouldn't sleep on ret/hunter, not sure why people don't play it and it was my favorite 2s comp on my hunter end of Cata.  The ret provides the hunter with silly burst and off heals.  The hunter mainly peels for the ret and protects him from openers by rogue+dps or mage+dps counter comps.

I'm not sure why people aren't playing it, feels like rets were abandoned by many rerollers in MOP b/c not grossly OP like Cata.

#15 Bluntmasterx

Bluntmasterx
  • Ads
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 96
  • RBG: 1928

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

Hunter weakness  in 2v2 i struggle to think of any lol

#16 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

View PostBluntmasterx, on 19 March 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

Hunter weakness  in 2v2 i struggle to think of any lol

their inability to purchase Russian titles?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<