• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2724
  • 3v3: 2801
  • RBG: 1775

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

I'm fairly new to hunter, haven't played one since TBC and scorpion doesn't seem to be the one to go for anymore.

As MM which pet should I pick as main and what for stampede? Any pet that gives you a buff at the start of the game?

As Surv which pet should I pick as main and what for stampede?

Thanks.

#2 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/1/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2090
  • 3v3: 2769
  • 5v5: 2517
  • RBG: 767
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

as marks and surv your options are wolf =+5% crit, cat = +3k mastery, goat = curse of tongues on the whole team and if you are playing with a lock you have the option of sporebat which = 5%spell haste and aoe on the floor (6yard radius) curse of tongues

those will be your only real options and the rest is up to you depending on what comp you play/partner buffs

you cant pre buff anything pet wise in the gates anymore it just disappears when the gates open
Posted Image

#3 Naga

Naga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2557

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

what about cranes and the sleep they have, isnt that somewhat decent still aswell ?
Posted Image

#4 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 1666
  • RBG: 1793

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

what about cranes and the sleep they have, isnt that somewhat decent still aswell ?

Not if anyone on your team has a stun.

#5 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/1/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2090
  • 3v3: 2769
  • 5v5: 2517
  • RBG: 767
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

the reality with cranes is that at such a long cooldown and dr'ing stuns even if there's a single caster goat or wolf would end up making a much larger impact on the game than a crane
Posted Image

#6 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

I pretty much only use wolf at this point, every other buff is negligible unless you're playing with someone that supplies the crit buff etc.

#7 Nilen

Nilen
  • Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

Also a very inexperienced hunter here. Would spider web, in your opinion, be viable against melee comps? (Mainly 2s)

#8 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1056
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

Why people dislike Crane/Monkey? Even as 2 minute cd i often need that stun and my partner simply can't get it on time. Only time i play with buff pet would be with Warrior maybe but even then if i face RMP/D i tend to use crane to stop opener if required.
In the long run a wolf might look better but the stun wins games/force major cds if used on right time.
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1634
  • 3v3: 1482
  • RBG: 1784
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

I just use my Monkey, dude has been at it for years.

#10 DexterV

DexterV
  • Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

A Cat is good, but you wont get the mastery buff that it gives until level 80.

I kinda like the Hyena at lower levels. It gives a nice "speed" buff to your ranged attacks. This makes your steady shot casting time faster. I found it helpful while leveling.

#11 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

Wolf owns pretty much 99% of the time in arena. Last season I'd use goat vs lsd after the nerf to the debuff but lately I only ever use my goat if I'm playing kfc tunneling a destro lock because that 10% is actually incredibly effective vs a destro lock. Otherwise, don't even bother with goat, you can keep up mind numbing effect with snake traps which you'll be using pretty much off cd against LSD to try to eat howls which is why I just stopped using goat vs lsd and now go for wolf. The 5% crit will help you secure more kills anyways.

Sometimes you can use a cat in ChiHD but lately I've gone back to even using just the wolf for that comp. 5% crit is more valuable for the hunter and the mistweaver than the 3k mastery is for your death knight. If anything the only real comps I'd use cat is for HLD since the mastery buff actually is godlike for warlocks. Most of this info has been said already though, but I hope it helps someone out.

P.S. CC pets suck in arena because the cds are so long and pretty much any top tier hunter comp already has something you can trap off of. KFC stormbolt, Hunter DK asphix, Hunter rogue you have so much cross cc you will mainly just land scatter traps anyways, but obviously you can cheap shot>trap. Hunter lock you have shadowfury and fears to trap off (not the glyphed fear that makes you stand in place, you can just trap off normal fears) etc etc. All in all the damage pets just are more useful and reliable in arenas, sucks because I miss my monkeys :<

Edited by Dillypoo, 07 April 2014 - 07:43 PM.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<