Help

MW RBG Healing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jammeezy

Jammeezy
  • Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

I play around the 1900mmr mark and I feel like I do pretty well (high numbers, detox's and cc) but I find myself going oom faster than I can generate tea.

I feel like I am not utilizing orbs enough during RBG's but I'm not sure if orbs are the answer.

I keep renewing up on cooldown (4+ people have it usually)
I have enveloping up and chi wave, expel on cd.
I think my issue is using surging mist to heal too much.

What do others do in RBG's? Do you orb a lot in team fights? Does the orb get picked up by others you are trying not to heal too often?

#2 forumsloveme

forumsloveme
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2069
  • 3v3: 2070
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1663
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:46 AM

Orbs are rarely worth it unless being the personal healer of a FC or similar, they are just too unreliable in the clusterfuck that RBGs can be (this is STRICTLY rbgs!!!), and should, just as surging mist, only be used in emergencies.

I don't know how your gear looks like, but in full grievous you should have more than enough tea generation just by your ~30% crit alone. Renewing on CD is correct, enveloping is nice for prehotting, but bad vs burst. Zen Spheres are an option if you meet a lot of spread pressure, which can be overwhelming for a lot of newer monks, while Chi Wave is the highest burst heal of the Tier and usually my default choice. Expel on CD for Chi generation, yup. Something else I've lately used more often (again) is Chi Torpedo vs stacked party members. It's especially helpful cause it can be used while being blanketed or even inline-CSed.

Edit: Something I still need to improve myself is: Your team mates don't need to be completely topped to be fine. If one is under pressure, and kiting, and you heal him to 70% with Env up, or orbs near, there is no need to heal him for another 30%, but instead you can switch to the next target, etc.
LSD making dreams come true since S7

#3 DerpiousMaximus

DerpiousMaximus
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1955
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 1894
  • RBG: 1936

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

Usually i keep renewing mist up always, its pmuch prio to anything (exept for major cds when someone is really in danger). And just enveloping mist w/e target is under pressure i also really like to use surging mist at 1 chi because there is a huge chance you will jump to 3 which will grant you enough to cast enveloping mist. Personnaly i focus on keeping everyone hotted as much as possible, and leave the real burst healing to for example the pala or priest on my team. I feel as a mw you will always have by far the highest healing output on your team if you play it right. And on of these means is by just hotting everyone as much as possible, jumping from 1 target to the other placing enveloping and renewing mist on them. I do use orbs, but frankly only if my other healer is in cc and my dispel is on cd. Or to chain heal our FC when he's pressured. I do go oom alot and will sit in the 0-20% mana range most of the game. But thats just how mw work atm.

#4 Jammeezy

Jammeezy
  • Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. It sounds like I am taking on the duties of burst healing too much but I tend to get stuck with healers that are either lazy or not very good. It also sounds like I am doing everything correctly so that makes me a little bit more confident in my play.

Now to just find a team that doesn't consist of oqueue all-stars.

#5 Shridevi

Shridevi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1847
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 1611
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

If the team is good you won't have time to play around with hots during a swap.  Also you tend to play with other healers who want to top healing; if it's an hpal then their hots are better anyway, so MW can turn into the direct healer very often.  So orbs are necessary when you can use them.  Part of the job is knowing when you can/can't use them.  Not to mention that channeling invites lockouts.  The purpose of healing is to prevent deaths.  It's like having "living blows" on the scoreboard

If another healer is in a full kidney then freecasting surging mist only ensures that you'll get locked out or go oom.  In the mean time the people who need direct heals the most are ones in full stuns like that, which means they aren't moving, which means using orbs is a good method.  If someone is in a smoke bomb they'll likely die if you don't orb.  The only time you'll need to focus on spreading hots is when facing some kind of dot cleave where your hpal is being trained or he's using some 3s healing rotation.  Using renewing mist on cooldown and some envelopings/uplifts is a no brainer, it's just a fraction of healing though.

It just takes doing what you have to do to be versatile; using nameplate addons or binding orbs to space bar.  If you want a nameplate addon setup I outline one here:  http://www.arenajunk...s-hunter-comps/

There's nothing particularly wrong with gemming all spirit and using surging mist to heal, then using the chi to uplift.  It's just not the best strat IMO.

Edited by Shridevi, 12 March 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#6 forumsloveme

forumsloveme
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • 2v2: 2069
  • 3v3: 2070
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1663
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:14 AM

[quote name='Shridevi' timestamp='1394644675' post='4077586']
binding orbs to space bar
[/quote]

whats ur reasoning behind that? Sounds interesting
LSD making dreams come true since S7

#7 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1503
  • 3v3: 1573
  • 5v5: 1227
  • RBG: 768

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

View Postforumsloveme, on 13 March 2014 - 02:14 AM, said:

whats ur reasoning behind that? Sounds interesting
it sounds crazy. dont do it.

Posted Image

#8 Prefox

Prefox
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

I have played monk in the highest groups on the EU RBG scene. Right now I feel the strongest gemming is going all crit to keep stacking mana tea. I rarely find myself going oom even during really high rated games.

I must say I really disagree with not using healing spheres in rbgs, they are completely insane in my opinion. Once you get good with them you never have a problem hitting the right target. My renewing mist is usually around 20-25% of my healing and I pop atleast 100-200 spheres per game.

The initial problem I had with the monk healing in the start of season 12 was mainly using too much surging mist. What I do now is instead is just using healing sphere on the focused target which makes it almost impossible for the enemy team to kill it unless you get cced. I only use surging mist when I pop thunder focus tea.

Hope it helped, poke me if you have more questions or watch some of my vods or when I stream rbgs. 2400+ cr
eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/Prefoxfoxfox/advanced
twitch.tv/prefoxox

#9 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359