Holy Priest Rotation RBG

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Messi_Darksorrow

Messi_Darksorrow
  • Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

Hi.

I've been healing as Holy Priest in RBG for the last few weeks, and for some reason my healing is always lower than the other healers in the group. I think it may be something to do with my rotation. I use primarily flash heal and greater heal (using flash heal twice then greater heal for quicker cast). I use prayer of mending off of CD as well as circle of healing and cascade. Sometimes I will pop renew on the whole group or people taking damage.

I guess the real question is, what is the rotation for holy priests in RBG?

#2 Petrichor

Petrichor
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1506
  • 3v3: 1639
  • RBG: 1952

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

Sounds like a valid rotation for single target healing at least. You did not mention using Holy Word: Serenity. So use that on every cd after your PoM.

Use lightwell during big fights.
Try to hang in back so you do not take part in the dmg.
Use PW: shield as an instant withhold on burst dmg so other healers in your grp can catch up.
Chakra management is important for healing increase, survivability and damage.
You can be an important dps too.
Remember that Guardian and Void Shift are viable tools. Don't be too scared to use Void Shift, although it can be dangerous at high rating.
I also like to somewhat spam renew on raid members for those instant, and FREE, flash heals.
Try to use Divine Hymn on every cd at an appropriate time (with Chakra: sanctuary).
Use mouse-over macros.
Many may find this controversial, but I also use serendipity stacks for PoH stacked with Chakra: sanctuary (You can make an easy macro for that.)

So, the rotation you asked would be something like this: Renew, PoM, Serenity, 2 x Flash Heal, Greater Heal/PoH
Rinse and repeat with the tips I gave you.
With all of this I've managed only to sometimes lose to our shaman in healing.

#3 Shaderz

Shaderz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2121
  • 3v3: 2125
  • 5v5: 2031
  • RBG: 2040
  • LocationPA

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:49 AM

Everything  petrichor said is true and very well put.  I'm normally top of the charts, sometimes doubling or even tripling my own teams healers in 1500 mmr or below.  Anything higher should be close but normally priest on top.  

I also renew in large fights for instant FoL. I also PoM at ale very change and try to get a Big heal on. A target with renew to give full duration for mana/healing increase.  Divine hymn is AMAZing in the correct stance and don't do it in the open.  Try to position yourself outta sight. I.e black smith building since it heals by range and not LoS.  Void shift other healers or your TC/top damage to keep your teams momentum going.  Stance dance when aoe heavy comps but low damage output are rotting your team.  Since PoM is effected by your aoe serenity that's a nice increase. Also set the ground aoe heal on flags we are fighting for.
I almost never do damage, unless it's to stop someone from drinking.  Stay in the back, even though we can keep healing up under pressure it limits our greater heals. Keep trying.  Listen to other Hpriests no matter the CR, just be open to suggestions.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Holy, Priest, Rotation, RBG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<