• EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 480
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

Hey Gladiators.

So here's the situation; I live in South Africa, playing on the EU servers and, even with Leatrix Latency Fix, my latency at the best of times sits at 200ms. It never goes lower.

Now, as a Death Knight I have a hard time maintaining up-time. I feel the class itself is very, and heavily, reliant on Hand of Freedom effects because it's so easy to snare and root. Being so easy to snare and root coupled with bad latency means that, even when I'm not snared or rooted I have a hard time maintaining up-time because I'm constantly out of range to make any melee hits.

I made a Warlock but I find the gear grind for PvP unbearable so I'd appreciate any advice on this matter.

All the best.
The gap between my power and yours is as wide as the gap between Heaven and Earth!

#2 Flavours

Flavours

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

Honestly, it's hard to play a melee at high ms. I find it difficult when i'm above 70 ms on my warrior, however, it's not impossible, as we know Vigaboy picked up another rank 1 this season on US playing a Death knight at 200+ ms from Brazil. And i'd say Death knights get the better side of Melee with high ms as you have so much ranged dps too.

If you feel it's holding you back and want to compete at higher ratings, then i'm afraid you're going to have to learn to play with the MS, playing the strongest comps you can (DK, Ele) Or try a caster which is much more forgiving as you don't have to be where the target is supposed to be, but isn't due to ms.

The short of it is, it can be done, but it would be much easier for someone like yourself to play a caster.

Edited by Aces, 05 March 2014 - 12:37 PM.

Playlist Qualified Vanilla Protege (University of Ayra) Professional Warrior god and x4 ArenaJunkies.co.uk Top poster award winner

Posted Image

#3 joaq

joaq
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Assassination
  • Locationthe pits of hell

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:46 AM

i live in a forest far away from everything, with nothing but a wireless internet connection.
so this is not spamming: the best way for me to get a decent latency is WTFast
http://www.wtfast.com/ there is a trial version so try it out
i do lag sometimes but for the most of it i get 100-120 ms

even wtfast isnt the be all end all. so choose the wow battlegroup that is geographically nearest to you. i live in finland so i play on outland. for RSA maybe servers in frankfurt or paris?

100ms is not enough to play rogue on a hi level, but usually good enough to play mage. my pet novas miss way too often though, like my sheeps on a pillaring healer but i can play- not on top level like im used to but play anyway- the rare instances i can log to wow..

some pve fights like the brawlers guild stuff are very latency dependant too- been trying the GG engineering boss for weeks.but my latency fails me every time-im out of rocketbomb it seems but still get caught in it and die :(

#4 Zizilio

Zizilio
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2015
  • 3v3: 2512
  • 5v5: 2153
  • RBG: 1926

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:25 AM

View PostMasterHaku, on 05 March 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

Hey Gladiators.

So here's the situation; I live in South Africa, playing on the EU servers and, even with Leatrix Latency Fix, my latency at the best of times sits at 200ms. It never goes lower.

Now, as a Death Knight I have a hard time maintaining up-time. I feel the class itself is very, and heavily, reliant on Hand of Freedom effects because it's so easy to snare and root. Being so easy to snare and root coupled with bad latency means that, even when I'm not snared or rooted I have a hard time maintaining up-time because I'm constantly out of range to make any melee hits.

I made a Warlock but I find the gear grind for PvP unbearable so I'd appreciate any advice on this matter.

All the best.

Maybe try a different ISP? If you're playing on a wireless connection that could be a huge problem. Wired connections are much better have generally have less difficulties. I feel your pain though. I play with about 170 ms but I'm ranged. If this ^ doesn't fix your problem only thing I can suggest is playing a ranged class, they are a lot more forgiving.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Death Knight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<