• Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2378
  • 3v3: 2944
  • 5v5: 2380
  • RBG: 2344
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

First season as shaman, plays with top players.

Rhee, you're my hero.
Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

#22 Blueberrysoda

Blueberrysoda

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:34 PM

I enjoy Vot's but this one is good too.

#23 Rhee

Rhee
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2401
  • RBG: 384

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:50 AM

View PostAccelerator, on 06 March 2014 - 06:59 PM, said:

Hello Rhee the shaman

Thanks for the guide!

I'm having issues against kittycleave and tsg that will train me (rshaman) all game as KFC or Spellcleaves.  Can you please tell me which target my team should kill and the other to control, so that I dont have to use every cd in the opener or just get stomped in 18 stuns?

View PostPsychic1, on 06 March 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

Curious, whats the addon that shows what you ground in party chat? Is it ShamanFriend? It's Veevs spell announcer.

Hello!

Those two melee comps are the worst possible combinations for a resto shaman to survive against, especially if you get trained from start to finish.

So against the kitty cleave, it will be worth it to glyph capacitor totem if you are running KFC or a spellcleave, but against the TSG you have to decide for yourself if you want healing stream for the DK damage or capcitor. Against the TSG I would say go capacitor if you are running KFC because KFC doesn't have as much peels as something like MLS, which has 2 spammable CCs with poly and fear.

KFC is a really good comp (don't get me wrong), but it is one of the shaman comps that can be weak when it comes to protecting you against certain cleaves. The reason why KFC is weak against something like kitty cleave or TSG is that they will most likely be paired with a paladin or a MW monk, rendering your pressure and CC useless for a WHILE because they have so much healing output and ways to get out of them. The only peels KFC can do for you are shockwaves, intervene (10% damage reduction), demo banner (10% damage reduction), and charge stun from the warrior, and pet sac from the hunter. All these are on a cooldown and not spammable.

As a KFC, your best bet is to CC the healer with trap, then save warrior CCs like stormbolt or shockwave for peels. Try to live as long as you can.. totem prep or call of the elements is so crucial to do efficiently against cleaves.

!!:
Against cleaves you CANNOT waste any totems (capacitor,healing stream, freedom, earthbind mainly) so make sure all is used before you prep.

!!:
Against cleaves you need to be efficient when trying to juke their interrupts. So if you do decide to stop your cast, refresh your riptide, drop a stream, drop a earthbind, or even refresh your Earth Shield if none of the above is available. Don't just jump around trying to fake-cast forever.. eventually you will fall behind and sometimes not even get their interrupts, leading to death.

Also your priority for defensives change against cleaves. NS paired with Ascendance is probably your biggest cooldown as it can top you to full when it crits, so DO NOT WASTE YOUR NS. Save aura-mastery for when they have interrupts available and when you failed to juke their kicks.

Healing Tide if you feel like if you are getting behind, and try to drop it before a stun lands. You should try to trinket Reck / Incarnation Stuns, or to trinket last second for a spirit link.

!!:
Against cleaves using your capacitor totems well save your life. Drop your Capacitor so its right up against the wall (face your left-ass to the pillar & drop it) and stand on your cap totem right after it drops. Doing this will prevent your cap getting cleaved even by warrior / feral as the cast time is only 3 seconds for the stun to go off.

As MLS or any other caster cleave, the peels are much better for your survival especially if you have a mage or a warlock on your team. Have your team spam fear or poly when you are stunned on the DPS, and use gateaway paired with a CC on both so you can get away and heal. Ring of frost does wonders so be aware of that and ask for it too.

View PostEmmawatsonz, on 06 March 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

Good guide.
I'd like to point out that the range on Tremor Totem is infact 30yds. Also, I am curious as to why you use Blood Fury with NS as opposed to using it with Ascendance?

I have blood fury in both my ascendance and NS macros. I like having BF in my NS because I want to guarantee a big heal when I use it, and I like to use Ascendance + NS combo anyway. The reason why I don't just save BF for ascendance because you will rarely free cast with this CD up, so it is pretty weak in that sense.

Thank you for the tremor range, its fixed!

imgur.com/XTe8XtH.jpg

Thanks everyone for the great feedback! <3

Rhee

Edited by Rhee, 07 March 2014 - 02:50 AM.

#24 superplowxzz

superplowxzz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2473
  • 3v3: 2855
  • 5v5: 2469
  • RBG: 2086

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:11 AM

Nice guide!

#25 Phatxyo

Phatxyo
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2437
  • 3v3: 3070
  • 5v5: 1819
  • RBG: 2449

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:07 AM

Nice guide :)

#26 peakaboo

peakaboo
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:54 PM

Nice guide Rhee. I'm wondering how do you deal with Warlocks? Sometimes the can get rough and I think I'm using my defensive CDs incorrectly against them? Any advice. Should I be using Acendance or Healing Tide every demon soul to try and counter the locks pressure and keep my team topped. Other then the obvious keeping Hs down on Cd and keeping riptides up (which can also be hard to do with all the cc and purging) what else do you do

#27 Ultraxz

Ultraxz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:58 AM

Very nice guide rhee thank you.

And much props to you for getting glad and r1 in your first two seasons. Admirable.

#28 Rhee

Rhee
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:18 AM

View Postpeakaboo, on 15 March 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:

Nice guide Rhee. I'm wondering how do you deal with Warlocks? Sometimes the can get rough and I think I'm using my defensive CDs incorrectly against them? Any advice. Should I be using Acendance or Healing Tide every demon soul to try and counter the locks pressure and keep my team topped. Other then the obvious keeping Hs down on Cd and keeping riptides up (which can also be hard to do with all the cc and purging) what else do you do

Against warlocks, the general idea is to prevent pressure with constant dispels of their dots (especially during their Demon Soul) to prevent Demon Soul soul-swaps.

Becareful with dispels though.. if you know that you can't stop a full CC landing on your partners or yourself, obviously don't go for them.

No. Do not ascendance or healing tide for every demon soul, rather try to shut down the lock by telling your team mates of the demon soul, and try to keep your team clean.

!!:Grounding does eat a soul swap exhale.

Ascendance / Tide are your strongest CDs when it comes to affliction warlock comps, so these cannot go to waste. Don't tide or ascendance for a single target ever. Healing a heavy spread-pressure moment (when your teams below 30%) can be hard because every global counts, and this is where tide / ascendance comes to your assistance. Keep riptides on all targets so they are affected by Ascendance for bonus heals, and remember that Ascendance -> NS will most likely top everyone off due to the spread healing.

!!:(Ascendance -> NS combo is probably your most potent CD vs spread-pressure)

Against warlock teams, it can appear that your team is trouble, when in fact you really are not. This comes mostly to your level of awareness, but wasting an AoE healing CD when its not needed, and not having it for later will cost you the game.

So try to keep a mental timer on the offensives available from the enemy warlock's DPS partner, or the enemy CCs that are available to hit you. So if you know that you are on DR for CC, and that enemy damage is probably not incoming, you can just try to top your team off with a stream, riptides, and casted heals.

#29 Decobray

Decobray
  • Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

Great guide - learned a lot.

May i ask what addon you use for "Grounded spellname"?

Also, can you recommend any keybinds for shear 123?

#30 Rhee

Rhee
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

View PostDraeberkaj, on 17 March 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

Great guide - learned a lot.

May i ask what addon you use for "Grounded spellname"?

Also, can you recommend any keybinds for shear 123?

The addon is "Veev's Spell announcer" which can be found on Veev's blog. You have to manually turn this function on by going into the lua file, opening it as notepad, then use the find function and search "ground". Just scroll and look for "SendChatMessage("Grounded "..spellName..".", "PARTY")", and delete the "--" infront it to make it work.

For shear 1 2 3 use binds that are extremely comfortable for your fingers to hit. You want to react fast for shear 1 2 3 so its important that these binds are quick and easy for your fingers. (I normally use control Q, W, E because my control bind is set to caps lock, but at the moment I'm using Naga 1, 2, 3).

Edited by Rhee, 17 March 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#31 aleksai

aleksai
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1690
  • 3v3: 2718
  • 5v5: 1152

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

Rhee,

Could you explain a bit more how mastery works? I am familiar with the basic description but am wondering if you have found a way to measure the way it scales at which hp %. I'm currently experimenting with mixing stats- i have 79% mastery, 22% crit ( staying at or above 50% on hesling surge after riptide) and decent mana regen. I wanna figure out ioptimal level of mastery but other than finding my current setup effective i have no way to calculate hard numbers.

Anyway. Wondering if you had any insight.

#32 e130478

e130478
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 768

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Why do you prioritize spirit link totem as your first offensive counter? That's the only defensive ability that we have that will not only instantly prevent ourselves from dying but also guarantee the survival of a team-mate at near-death.

Edited by e130478, 19 March 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#33 sunzrooney

sunzrooney
  • Junkies

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

Excellent guide I've learned a lot.

I've just rolled a shammy, I'm just wondering on some fundementals, your UI seems nice and neat and you seem to fit everything on 3 action bars, however I'm having a bit of trouble. I seem to have an actionbar and a half full of totems etc.

Another thing I'd like to ask is the priority of healing.

For instance, what would you use most of all out of the following.

Riptide, unleash elements, healing surge, healing wave, greater healing wave, chain heal, healing rain etc.

Also what keybinds do you use to target yourself and your team mates?

Edited by sunzrooney, 20 March 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#34 Rhee

Rhee
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

View Poste130478, on 19 March 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

Why do you prioritize spirit link totem as your first offensive counter? That's the only defensive ability that we have that will not only instantly prevent ourselves from dying but also guarantee the survival of a team-mate at near-death.

The list of defensive is prioritized based on importance, and is meant to be comprehended the other way around. So according to my list, NS should probably be your first defensive used because its relatively low on CD. I save spirit link almost always as my last defensive used, but this of course it depends on the situation of the arena.

View Postsunzrooney, on 20 March 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

Excellent guide I've learned a lot.

I've just rolled a shammy, I'm just wondering on some fundementals, your UI seems nice and neat and you seem to fit everything on 3 action bars, however I'm having a bit of trouble. I seem to have an actionbar and a half full of totems etc.

Another thing I'd like to ask is the priority of healing.

For instance, what would you use most of all out of the following.

Riptide, unleash elements, healing surge, healing wave, greater healing wave, chain heal, healing rain etc.

Also what keybinds do you use to target yourself and your team mates?

My keybinds for my team mates are mouse scroll up, mouse scroll click, and for myself is mouse scroll down.

I hide my right action bar 1 and 2 haha, they are both full.

Priority of healing all depends on the situation. You want to riptide on cooldown, if it is against a dot spread cleave, make sure everyone has a riptide, unless they are trying to burst down one of your team mates, in which you case you want to use the riptide on that person. Unleash should be used when your partner is hovering around 70%, or getting bursted, so you can either follow it up with a NS or a casted healing surge. If you unleash and your partner gets topped back to around 80% due to Earth Shield / Riptide / Healing stream, its fine to use that unleash for a healing wave or a riptide.

Your two most casted heals should be healing wave and surge, never cast chain heal as it is useless in PvP, and you should only cast GHW when the enemy team is on the defensive and feel that it is appropriate to take the time to cast it to top your partner off since GHW is mana efficient. But you will find that casting GHW is going to be rare since you often don't have time to waste.

Healing rain is really only useful against rogue teams for their opener. Put up ES / Riptide on whoever you think they are going to open on (most likely you), cast a healing wave or two (depends on the map, try to mentally calculate how long it will take the rouge team to open on you), then drop a healing rain and a healing stream so that you have maximum passive healing for the opener. If you have healing rain, ES, riptide, and a stream down, your team is most likely going to be perfectly fine, unless their major offensives are used.

Edited by Rhee, 20 March 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#35 Rhee

Rhee
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

View Postaleksai, on 19 March 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

Rhee,

Could you explain a bit more how mastery works? I am familiar with the basic description but am wondering if you have found a way to measure the way it scales at which hp %. I'm currently experimenting with mixing stats- i have 79% mastery, 22% crit ( staying at or above 50% on hesling surge after riptide) and decent mana regen. I wanna figure out ioptimal level of mastery but other than finding my current setup effective i have no way to calculate hard numbers.

Anyway. Wondering if you had any insight.

Hey,

To be frank with you I have no knowledge regarding our mastery stat based on theory crafting and data, but I think I'm going to start toying around with it and see how the numbers are.

I read somewhere that when the target is below 62% or so, mastery scales better than crit for single target healing. Mastery also applies to our Earth Shield, Riptide, Healing surge, wave, GHW, healing rain, and unleash elements. Mastery I believe is extremely potent when healing targets around 50~60%.

But the debate on mastery vs crit is weird due to the RNG nature of crit. I feel like in the current fast paced of the arena crit can shine over mastery because you can top someone off with one unleash heal.

This is Burb's stats: http://us.battle.net...Burbie/advanced who uses 87% mastery, and whenever I play him it seems to me that he has no problem keeping his team topped whatsoever. So mastery is definitely viable.

Edited by Rhee, 20 March 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#36 Decobray

Decobray
  • Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostRhee, on 17 March 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

The addon is "Veev's Spell announcer" which can be found on Veev's blog. You have to manually turn this function on by going into the lua file, opening it as notepad, then use the find function and search "ground". Just scroll and look for "SendChatMessage("Grounded "..spellName..".", "PARTY")", and delete the "--" infront it to make it work.

For shear 1 2 3 use binds that are extremely comfortable for your fingers to hit. You want to react fast for shear 1 2 3 so its important that these binds are quick and easy for your fingers. (I normally use control Q, W, E because my control bind is set to caps lock, but at the moment I'm using Naga 1, 2, 3).

Thanks a lot pal!

When you say your control bind is set to capslock does that effect your windows as well? I suppose you mean that what usually is "control + 1" is now "capslock + 1"?

#37 Rhee

Rhee
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

View PostDraeberkaj, on 20 March 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

Thanks a lot pal!

When you say your control bind is set to capslock does that effect your windows as well? I suppose you mean that what usually is "control + 1" is now "capslock + 1"?

Ya, my keyboard is formatted via internal program so that caps lock now functions as my control, and NP! Glad to help :)

Edited by Rhee, 20 March 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#38 Decobray

Decobray
  • Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

Sweet!

Suppose this is the trick you are refering to: http://www.arenajunk...slock-modifier/

I'm definitely gonna try that one out, i simply hate normal ctrl + 123 binds, they are so akward for my littlefinger :(

Edit: Also thanks a lot for mentioning Veevs blog, a lot of goodies in there!

#39 Augwun

Augwun
  • Members

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:29 AM

How do you switch the enemy cast bars to the other side like it's pictured on your ui?

#40 Decobray

Decobray
  • Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:47 AM

Can someone please explain me how shamans gets drinks off? As a former resto druid i used to shadowmeld -> drink. But on my shaman it just takes forever to get out of combat, however i keep coming across shamans who easily get drinks off. I've heard something about riptide + drink, Rhee however mention something including totems, will a totem drop allow you to drink?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rhee, Resto Shaman, Resto, Shaman, Guide, Surviving, Tips

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<