Ret PvP: talents when playing with UH DK

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jothium

Jothium
  • Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:38 AM

Hello guys

This week me and my companion (UH DK) started playing 2's as we are looking for a healer to play with us in 3's. (I know, 2's, but please leave all those comments behind.) As we've been playing 2's, here are some questions that I come up with:

1. Talent question: lvl 30 talents (Fist of Justice, Repentance, Evil is a Point of View)
As for standard, I play with FoJ. I mostly will play FoJ when I know I won't get it off (like against rogue teams that tunnel you for the whole game). Yesterday we played like 5 times against warrior + healer and from my experience I was able to get the fear off quite much. My dk was able to grip the warr of me, followed by a fear and eventually Blinding Light whilst we are taking down the healer. Do you guys know any other comps/classes on which I should try to get the fears off? I think Evil is a Point of View, can really be OP when you can cast it off.
About Repentance, I am not so sure. I never use it, unless you guys give me a reason to use it right now.

2. Talent question: lvl 60 talents (Clemency, Hand of Purity & Unbreakable Spirit)
As for standard, I play with Clemency. Trying to switch to Unbreakable Spirit when we face comps off which I think they'll go on me.
About the Hand of Purity I am unsure and I don't know pretty well when to use it. Can you guys give me your insights of when to use US & HoP?

3. Talent question: lvl 90 talent (Holy Prism, Light's Hammer & Excecution Sentence)
Now I always use Holy Prism, as I like it very much. For me it's a nice filler that gives me some nice healing too. Should I give up this filler for a more bursty talent aka Execution Sentence?

4. Compo advice: as for 3's, we are currently looking for any healers to play with. Right now we are experimenting with rdruid but I heard of some ppl that rshaman will be our best shot. What do you guys think about this?

5. DK question: when we face a caster cleave (double mage, Lock+Spriest,...) sometimes my dk takes Anti-Magic Zone.
My question is: when should he use it, as it's only lasts for 3 seconds. Right now we try to get it off as soon as a mage gets me into a Deep Freeze. Any suggestions I can get here?

Anyways, that's it, I would like any kind of reaction and am willing to learn, so please help out this retadin!

Peace!

#2 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

Hi Jothium,

Tbh, ret/dk/healer is not a good comp. It was viable in cata because ret sustained damage was good and you could apply some decent pressure but MoP version of ret/dk/healer lacks pressure and CC so you'll feel tryhards many times. You should play ret/hunter/rsham (PHS), this is the only top tier 3s comp for ret.

As PHS :

- Shaman is the healer with the strongest heal output so he covers your main weakness which is keeping you alive through the heavy damage that you take.
- You also cover the main shaman weakness which is preventing them from dying thanks to your utility.
- Hunter's sustained damage is great and you can put out good CC chain on the enemy healer (fist+trap & scatter & silencing shot)

About your questions :

1) Go FoJ 100% of the time, Evil is a point of view does not suit very well ret playstyle, It's more a hpally talent. I even think that it's a nerf for rets cause we lost turn evil glyph cause of this :(

2) Use unbreakable spirit against wizards cleaves so you'll have divine protection available for every deep/stun, Hand of Purity against Dotcleaves & clemency against everything else.  You want to use Hand of Purity on the Haunt target cause it counters this ability pretty well.

3) Execution sentence is the way to go in 5.4, it can crit from 50-100k and kill hunters in deterrence which is funny. The best moment to use it is during your avenging wrath+holy avenger burst cause it'll do significantly more damage. When wings are not ready I usually use it during a surge of victory proc.

4) Rdruid is bad at healing cleaves and Hpriest is pretty weak right now. Rsham is the only healer you should play with.

5) During a magical burst when your divine protection is not available I guess.

Regards.

Posted Image

#3 Jothium

Jothium
  • Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:09 AM

View Postglonglon, on 04 March 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

Hi Jothium,

Tbh, ret/dk/healer is not a good comp. It was viable in cata because ret sustained damage was good and you could apply some decent pressure but MoP version of ret/dk/healer lacks pressure and CC so you'll feel tryhards many times. You should play ret/hunter/rsham (PHS), this is the only top tier 3s comp for ret.

As PHS :

- Shaman is the healer with the strongest heal output so he covers your main weakness which is keeping you alive through the heavy damage that you take.
- You also cover the main shaman weakness which is preventing them from dying thanks to your utility.
- Hunter's sustained damage is great and you can put out good CC chain on the enemy healer (fist+trap & scatter & silencing shot)

About your questions :

1) Go FoJ 100% of the time, Evil is a point of view does not suit very well ret playstyle, It's more a hpally talent. I even think that it's a nerf for rets cause we lost turn evil glyph cause of this :(

2) Use unbreakable spirit against wizards cleaves so you'll have divine protection available for every deep/stun, Hand of Purity against Dotcleaves & clemency against everything else.  You want to use Hand of Purity on the Haunt target cause it counters this ability pretty well.

3) Execution sentence is the way to go in 5.4, it can crit from 50-100k and kill hunters in deterrence which is funny. The best moment to use it is during your avenging wrath+holy avenger burst cause it'll do significantly more damage. When wings are not ready I usually use it during a surge of victory proc.

4) Rdruid is bad at healing cleaves and Hpriest is pretty weak right now. Rsham is the only healer you should play with.

5) During a magical burst when your divine protection is not available I guess.

Regards.

Kk, will look for two new people that fit me well then ^^ Thanks on the advice about comps. Will try ES out, never played with it (in cata HP was the way to go). Also thanks a lot with the DP advice, will try to use it better now in the future :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<