Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 19:40. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Priest vs Warrior

duel spriest warrior trained

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dupue

dupue
  • Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:27 AM

Let me first say i need some serious help. I am new to shadow priest and have been playing for about 2 weeks. I dont consider myself godlike or even a great player, id say im average or a little above average. I used to be 1800 rating back in wotlk and havent played much since then, until recently..

Here is my problem, I get wrecked by warriors hard, (most melee i get rolled) but warriors just destroy me. I feel like i cant really do anything against them. I cant cast VT, or MB, i cant fear cause they break it. I cant run away cause perma slows. I am basically putting up SWP and hoping for instant mind blasts while i shield run away and put some heals up.

Any high ranked Shadow priests out there have any advice on how to beat a warrior? I just cant see how this matchup is winnable unless the priest is way better than the warrior.

TLDR: i am getting owned by warriors as a shadow priest, how do i beat them? Serious answers please.

#2 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

Assuming this is a 1v1 scenario. In which case, you pretty much have 0 chance to win. They counter you in almost every way. That said, if you RNG out and get 3 orbs in the first 5 globals you may be able to damage with DP / VE / SFiend while you fake until you get a VT off. That said again though, 9999999/10 they will just wreck you.

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#3 dupue

dupue
  • Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

ok so its not just me, i asked talbadar this question last night on his stream after posting this, and he said "that matchup is hopeless". He pretty much said you cant beat them.

Now ive got 2 gladiators telling me is hopeless. I guess ill stop trying to duel every warrior i see now. Ive lost about 20 in a row haha

#4 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:08 PM

This has a direct comparison between SP & Warrior written by a Global champion and multi rank 1:

http://www.veevsvaul...ll-cap-dilemma/
Posted Image

#5 swarmss

swarmss
  • Swarmsy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2212
  • 3v3: 2601
  • 5v5: 2247
  • RBG: 2058

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

I'm a spriest and i never lose to warriors in a duel.

#6 Drnaptime

Drnaptime
  • Junkies

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

you just suck man, warriors are ez

#7 dupue

dupue
  • Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

I'm a spriest and i never lose to warriors in a duel.

If you have time can you please give a brief overview on how you play in this duel? I would greatly appreciate it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: duel, spriest, warrior, trained

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users