Photo

Frost Mage Guide 5.4.7

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Sectionx

Sectionx
  • Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

I don't think you're ever going to reach haste cap, so that shouldn't be an issue? ;o

With Icy Veins it's pretty easy to reach 1sec gcd even without frost armor. I have 19% haste and when I pop Icy Veins I get 50% which is the gcd haste cap. So it seems like it is an issue ;p . More haste than that is gimping your damage in Icy Veins cause you can't spam lances any faster and they scale only with intellect. The value of haste in general is obvious, but what about mastery? If you play against a combo that you can consistently stack icicles isn't mastery better after getting gcd capped in icy veins?

#42 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

[quote name='Sectionx' timestamp='1395503905' post='4084966']
With Icy Veins it's pretty easy to reach 1sec gcd even without frost armor. I have 19% haste and when I pop Icy Veins I get 50% which is the gcd haste cap. So it seems like it is an issue ;p . More haste than that is gimping your damage in Icy Veins cause you can't spam lances any faster and they scale only with intellect. The value of haste in general is obvious, but what about mastery? If you play against a combo that you can consistently stack icicles isn't mastery better after getting gcd capped in icy veins?
[/quote]
and what about the other 89% of the game when you don't have icy veins up, out of interest? =)

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#43 Sectionx

Sectionx
  • Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

[quote name='Dizzeeyo' timestamp='1395507460' post='4084975']
and what about the other 89% of the game when you don't have icy veins up, out of interest? =)
[/quote]

That's my question. How much haste is worth it? Is it so good that it doesn't even need to be optimized? Everyone is saying that haste is king. With season 14 gear that's certainly true cause getting gcd capped in icy veins is the most you can reach pretty much. What about season 15 gear tho?

#44 dominera

dominera
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2256
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1684
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

[quote name='Sectionx' timestamp='1395672766' post='4085998']
That's my question. How much haste is worth it? Is it so good that it doesn't even need to be optimized? Everyone is saying that haste is king. With season 14 gear that's certainly true cause getting gcd capped in icy veins is the most you can reach pretty much. What about season 15 gear tho?
[/quote]

Im pretty sure haste will still be the best. But tbh dont spend so much time wondering about such things, better to just rape ppl in arena. If it shows to be some other stat priority then some smart guy will do the job for you

#45 Ravv

Ravv
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1890
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

Nice guide. +rep
Posted Image

#46 kraakpand

kraakpand
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/0/2/././.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

Nice guide, but it didn't cover comps (or im blind and someone might quote me the part i missed)

So i'll ask here, what are some good 2's and/or 3's comps for playing a Frost Mage?
Also bonus question (since i main a monk atm), is frost mage any good with a Mistweaver and/or a Windwalker monk in 2's? (and/or 3's)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts :)

#47 Execx

Execx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • 2v2: 1560
  • 3v3: 2608
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1752

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

[quote name='kraakpand' timestamp='1399368039' post='4114625']
Nice guide, but it didn't cover comps (or im blind and someone might quote me the part i missed)

So i'll ask here, what are some good 2's and/or 3's comps for playing a Frost Mage?
Also bonus question (since i main a monk atm), is frost mage any good with a Mistweaver and/or a Windwalker monk in 2's? (and/or 3's)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts :)
[/quote]

2's:
Mage/Rogue, Mage/Any healer, Mage/Boomkin, everything works if you play properly.

3's:
RMD, MLX, War/Mage/Mw or Druid, Spriest/Mage/Druid or Rsham (Reffered to as Godcomp and Shatterplay) are all strong comps.

Outside of WMM MW and Mage don't really work that well together, again if played properly almost anything can be made viable with a mage.

#48 kraakpand

kraakpand
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/0/2/././.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

[quote name='Execx' timestamp='1399370803' post='4114637']
2's:
Mage/Rogue, Mage/Any healer, Mage/Boomkin, everything works if you play properly.

3's:
RMD, MLX, War/Mage/Mw or Druid, Spriest/Mage/Druid or Rsham (Reffered to as Godcomp and Shatterplay) are all strong comps.

Outside of WMM MW and Mage don't really work that well together, again if played properly almost anything can be made viable with a mage.
[/quote]

Thank you for the lightning-fast response! It kind of is a relief to hear that MW is viable with a mage, so i don't have to reroll. I enjoy playing both WW and MW so switching between those specs is not a problem for me.

Thanks man

#49 Nesha

Nesha
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 1848
  • 3v3: 2664
  • RBG: 384

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:08 AM

[quote name='kraakpand' timestamp='1399372631' post='4114646']
Thank you for the lightning-fast response! It kind of is a relief to hear that MW is viable with a mage, so i don't have to reroll. I enjoy playing both WW and MW so switching between those specs is not a problem for me.

Thanks man
[/quote]

I have tried out ele/mage/mw and dk/mage/mw this season and they seem to synergize very well. A dk becomes a lot harder to kill with a mw on his team, as he generally moves slow (making orb-spamming that much easier!)

#50 Jebiz00

Jebiz00
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:21 AM

nice guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<