• Curse Sites
Help

Shadow 5.4.7 Guide

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 jaimex

jaimex

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

Your for sure making the right choice with cascade; it does so much damage! :o. I don't play that many RBGs but your talents seem fine; I like Twist of Fate, especially if you are playing a dot cleave or something similar.

#22 Samyh

Samyh

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

Hi, anyone who needs information on Shadow in RBGs, here we go,,

Typical RBG Talents:

Posted Image

(Psyfiend & Void tendrils are both equally viable, remember to use Void Tendrils on maps where kiting or rooting someone is necessary - however it does DR with Novas)

Gem full Haste, faster globals are simply best atm:

Posted Image

Reforge: Haste > Crit > Mastery - typically you should see a lot of Crit reforged as there is only a certain amount of haste you can reforge when you buy pieces with haste already on.

Posted Image

Tips:

Your trinket will usually proc within 2 or 3 globals. Once your trinket is procced, aim to get a cascade out asap whilst dotting everything you see with SW:P > VT. Once around 5 people are dotted, you will have endless MS procs to shoot into the kill target. Shadow does extremely good damage in RBGs. Abuse it!

Remember to MD. A huge problem I see in RBGs is Shadow Priests tend to ignore their tools; MD is the most OP shit in RBGs. Remember to MD when you see those big howls, or pre-MD when you see a ROF being placed. It's all about awareness but please, please, remember to use MD.. a lot!

Guise to mount up. SImple tactic to leave combat when you need to assist an FC or node ASAP!

Guise to drop an orb in Temple of Kotmogu. When you have many stacks in Kotmogu, you can guise and the orb will drop instantly, resetting stacks for a teammate. Always tell them you are going to do this however and have someone ready there. This can honestly win games.

Purge kill targets! A lot of people tend to ignore Purge in RBGs, don't be a damage whore - purging a Sac or Earth shield can often land kills.

Use your Leap of Faith tactically. Aim to max distance grip anyone about to die; particularly FCs. FCs will often be CS or KS into a bomb, be aware and aim to grip before the bomb lands. This can also be a huge game changer. Watch out for the orb, this is normally when you know they're going for the kill.

Psychic Horror is your best friend - Remember to disarm melee who are popping cooldowns as often as possible. This is especially effective on Rogue dances or on DKs - This ability is also great to use offensively to follow a Blanket/Stun.

Keep an eye on your healers Mana - Communicate with your healers and help them in any possible way. Use your Hymn of Hope when they're low on Mana without regain cooldowns; Hymning is also extra effective when paired with Mana Tide Totem.

Shackle Gargoyles - It's always worth casting Shackle on any Gargoyle you may see, often enemy healers don't dispel them.. at all.

It's also 99% of the time a good idea to Fear Ward at the start of an RBG, you can Fear Ward anyone really, each have their benefits. You could Fear Ward your Rogue, however I prefer to Fear Ward any healer without a tremor totem at the start of a game, remember to re-apply it to a selected target later on; It's always nice to Fear Ward any DPS bursting a tank down if an enemy lock is playing aggressive and spamming fears. This is often your Rogue.

Edited by Samyh, 07 July 2014 - 06:54 AM.

#23 Karlan

Karlan
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2040
  • 3v3: 576
  • RBG: 2307

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

:D

#24 jaimex

jaimex

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

Thanks Sam :D!

#25 midney

midney
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1652
  • RBG: 1692

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

nice rbg guide, use that spec all the time in random bg aswell. Twist of Fate + cascade is so much aoe dmg :D

#26 Adrokles

Adrokles
  • Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

I dont get this macro. Can you please explain it to me?

15) Psyfiend Shield
#showtooltip Prayer of Mending
/targetexact Psyfiend
/cast [harm] Mind Blast
/cast [help] Power Word: Shield

Why Prayer of mending tooltip?
Why the "harm"? Is it needed? If im using this macro with Psyfiend up, then it only allow me to use the shield anyways.

#27 Kelberot

Kelberot
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1663
  • 3v3: 1992
  • 5v5: 959
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

Prayer of Mending tooltip because he's using it to look at mending cooldown. I suppose the harm part is so if you target an enemy psyfiend it will kill it with blast instead of shielding, but I'm not sure these macros work with damaging spells, gotta test it out.
Posted Image

#28 jaimex

jaimex

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostAdrokles, on 09 April 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

I dont get this macro. Can you please explain it to me?

15) Psyfiend Shield
#showtooltip Prayer of Mending
/targetexact Psyfiend
/cast [harm] Mind Blast
/cast [help] Power Word: Shield

Why Prayer of mending tooltip?
Why the "harm"? Is it needed? If im using this macro with Psyfiend up, then it only allow me to use the shield anyways.

pom tooltip is just for me to see it, it was next to pom so double pom cd was easier to see
this also saved binds nad let me cast mind blast on enemy psyfiends by default

#29 swagoverlord

swagoverlord

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

wizk dmg
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#30 Samyh

Samyh

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

You really don't need a macro to shield Psyfiend. Is it too hard to place it, click again and press your shield bind? lol

#31 jaimex

jaimex

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

I did :P

#32 Drafty

Drafty
  • Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:49 PM

#showtooltip Psyfiend
/target Psyfiend
/castsequence Psyfiend, Power Word: Shield
/targetlasttarget

That will do the trick.  One click allows you to bring the placement retina up, and then once placed down, if you hit the same bind it will shield it.

#33 justchecking

justchecking

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:21 AM

Twitch.tv/wizkx for spriest streams.

#34 Jabachi

Jabachi
  • Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

How important is 4pc shadow pvp gear? At the beginning of the season I was gearing holy but shortly after I got my weapon I lost interest. My priest is Azraël on Illidan, I'll try to stay logged off in my pvp gear. I currently have 3pc prideful for healing. Should I replace them first with shadow prideful or just work on the off-pieces since they're going from 522 to 550.  I don't plan on doing anything serious with my shadow spec, just farming bgs for bloody coins since the nerf to censer.

#35 Nikari

Nikari
  • Members

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

Hello! I just came back to the game, so i am kinda newish i guess... I was wondering what is the best weapon for spriest MH/OH or staff? i guess same question for holy.

#36 Samyh

Samyh

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:20 AM

MH/OH is better, you gain a little more intellect, however the difference is very minimal. Pick what you like :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<