#81 Blueberrysoda

Blueberrysoda

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:37 PM

Solid guide here ladies and gents.

#82 Slaggy

Slaggy
  • LocationThird World New Zealand

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:45 PM

Agreed. Played Demo Ele in 2's last night for fun to cap a friend ele, was working at 1700 with a guy who has no clue how to play ele close to properly.. (he didnt know sham rage was available to ele's until 9 games in @_@)

demo = fun

#83 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:20 AM

@Blueberrysoda,

Thanks, glad you liked the guide :)

@Blukstack,

Hi and thanks for sharing your thoughts about the demo spec, I'm also glad that as one of the top rated afflilocks you found this guide to be decent. :)

About what you said, well...you got some very good points and I'm not denying the fact that if you want to achieve rank one titles it'll be easier as affliction.

However, wow is a game and you should play what you have fun with, some of us enjoy playing as demo so I wrote this guide for them.

Btw, I'm also happy there is finally one thread on AJ where people can share their knowledge and love for this spec.

To all the trolls : I'd like this thread not to become an affliction vs demo drama, let's keep it interesting and constructive. Hope you'll understand.

Kind regards,
glonglon.

Posted Image

#84 Eviaax

Eviaax
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/2/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2276
  • 3v3: 2752
  • 5v5: 480

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

I also agree demo is not the strongest spec but definitely make the most out of it. I've achieved high arena ratings as demo wen it was considered unplayable. It takes takes time and practice just like any other spec. It is a vey different playsyle then the other two specs and it's just something to get used too. If anyone one is has questions or wants a lil one on one prac add my btag

eviaa#1728
Highest Rated Demonology Lock US
Twitch: Http://www.twitch.tv/eviaaxtv
YouTube: Http://www.youtube.com/eviaax
Twitter: @eviaademo

#85 Slaggy

Slaggy
  • LocationThird World New Zealand

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

Played some demo - marks - tree druid with buddies last night to about 1900. it was hilarious to be honest. Most fun i've had playing WoW in 3 seasons. glyphed fear into trap into clone x2 into silencing/scatter depending on whats available with axe toss into coil on the kill target every minute? I'm so looking forward to going home tonight to play more and see how high we can push by week 5.

What i'm doing is demon soul on the opener without meta - just going DSoul, 2x HoG, corruption, (meta) doom, 1 touch for imp , back out of meta and use wild imps and wrathstorm for the +pet dmg benifit of DSoul.
That opener from me with the initial CC chain on the healer and our hunters random damage 90% of the time (or more even) gets us a trinket and a major defensive.
do any of you more exp. Demo players see any problem with that opener youd like to correct me with?

Also, for example last night we forced trinket, shield wall, rallying cry, and fear out of a Duelist-titled warrior all in our opener. Lawl'd so very evily.

#86 substance

substance
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1587
  • 3v3: 1816
  • RBG: 767
  • Locationbreckenridge

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:12 AM

That was my opener last time I played with a hunter. That pretty much forces most cd's from the other team. After that, I would just build up a lot of fury and wait out the game for the kill. The burst can be insane. Against Hpal, I would force bubble every time. After that it was gg. Hpal seemed to me to be one of the easiest healers to kill as this comp. Could have been the low mmr though. Tried a 2's game yesterday as demo and I was horrible. Been a while since I played it. It's a hard 2's class without and off healer imo. I may take you up on your offer Ehviya. I really need to find a healer first though. The Rdruid i played with last season is terrible.

#87 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

View PostEviaax, on 07 March 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

I also agree demo is not the strongest spec but definitely make the most out of it. I've achieved high arena ratings as demo wen it was considered unplayable. It takes takes time and practice just like any other spec. It is a vey different playsyle then the other two specs and it's just something to get used too. If anyone one is has questions or wants a lil one on one prac add my btag

eviaa#1728

Thanks for providing info and offering to help out, much appreciated +rep

I've always been demon at heart I just always have tended to play what's most viable.  Unfortunately I already committed destro/afflic on my main lock for pve/pvp.  My plan is to twink a warlock at level 80 for lolz with absurd amounts of mastery.  If I'm really enjoying it I'll wrap him up to 90 and try out some real action.

Any advice on 80 twink?

Thanks again for advice, I'll hit you up on bt to say hello.

#88 Torotornot

Torotornot
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • 2v2: 1326
  • 3v3: 1523
  • RBG: 1317

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 08 March 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

Any advice on 80 twink?

Is he already 80?  if he was 79 I would say run him through the cata dungeons and get him the gear in there and play in that bracket....it's crazy.

#89 Eviaax

Eviaax
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

I will be. Able to stream this week around 6 pm est just a heads up. Had a lot of things to do this weekend and didn't have time

#90 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

View PostTorotornot, on 09 March 2014 - 11:23 PM, said:

Is he already 80?  if he was 79 I would say run him through the cata dungeons and get him the gear in there and play in that bracket....it's crazy.

He's actually 76, I'll have to try that out lol.

#91 substance

substance
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Locationbreckenridge

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:57 AM

If any of you have an alt healer or know a healer looking for a 3's team to grow with. I could use one. Me and the hunter got challenger last season. I know it's the shittiest title but we can't find a good healer any where. Please help. Will send naked photo's of the hunters sister.

#92 substance

substance
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Locationbreckenridge

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:39 AM

Small edit of previous post. I just found a Hpal in chat looking for a team. How well can a Hpal work with hunter/lock? None of us are great players. Looking to get around 2k or so. We just want to learn to play at better rating then we are now.

#93 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

Hi substance,

Eviaax said that hunter/lock was viable with every healer.

Paladin is a second tier healer but for 2k rating It doesn't really matter.

Don't think to much about the class, for 2.2k every healer is viable, your main goal should be to find a decent & open-minded healer that is willing to play with you regularly as a demo lock.

Hope this helps,
Regards.

Posted Image

#94 Eviaax

Eviaax
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

Hpal will work

#95 Eviaax

Eviaax
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

It was rough for me to find good healers/players to play with. What I did personally was did a whole lot of dueling. If u go look at my number of duels I have you'll be like dam. That was my way of getting good players attention. I would practice n practice to where at one point I would not lose to Anyone regardless of how good they were n how looked up to they were in the community. To me a duel was a first impression. You have a window there to show what you got. I would start off with people I know I could beat until I got the hang of how to beat each individual class. Take a look at stats n move on facing players based on that. I would dominate healers showing off my cc and DMg output. That's wat people like to see. I would lock out healers my whole burst with cc rotations that would prevent them to even get a heal off even with trinket up. It just takes time n practice.  if you wnt to start moving up and you feel that your on or surpass the level of others and not given a chance, then this is how I personally did it.

#96 Eviaax

Eviaax
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

Also wen u start playing at highe levels wat I would do is if I lost to a team on server. N I thought I made an impression and wanted to try a comp out with someone I would message them saying "really good game" or something like that. It shows courtesy and people like that. Ask them if they want to play a few games add them and most likely if u made an impression they'll say yea. I don't recommend msging them if u win. If u impressed them they'll msg u. This is just a few ideas being a spec that people take not seriously n convince them u belong in the rankings just as much as them.

#97 substance

substance
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Locationbreckenridge

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

Thank you both. Dueling is one thing I never do any more. That is how I found my last healer. Rduid that I dueled as demo and won. He turned out to be not that great but it slipped my mind.  Kind of wish i stayed on Illidan and Tich. I just couldn't stand the long q's any more. I will def hang outside org a lot more now. Neither one of the people I am currently playing with care what spec I am. I go back and forth with demo.afflic. Just to stay fresh with both specs.

#98 substance

substance
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Locationbreckenridge

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:43 AM

Found a Rdruid today. Worked out well. I was playing afflic though. Been a while since i played demo. need to brush up on it. The druid actually prefers to play hld and likes demo. Feel like i won the lottery. Thanks for all the help guys.

#99 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

Hi everyone,

I've made a bit of changes to the guide.

The Talents & glyphs section have been improved to include the Imp playstyle. I also added a new "pet choice" section and improved some macros.

What I'd like to see in the future is a shadowplay strategy guide, hope Eviaax or anyone who played this comp at high ratings will be able to help :)

Regards.

Posted Image

#100 Eviaax

Eviaax
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

Hey guys just wanted to let you all know I been streaming a lot of demo play on channel got up to 2400+ mmr if you want to check out vods or follow for next stream which will most likely be tonight. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

<