• Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:35 AM

Here is a clip from Benjiowns Stream yesterday against our HLM. This is an example of a good executed kill against a hunter.
http://www.twitch.tv...iaa/b/508305824

Leg sweep followed by mortal coil & Axe Toss on the kill target while the rdruid was howl+paralysis was a nice kill setup but the hunter should have used trinket+deterr because it was pretty obvious that burst was coming for him :D

It's a waste because his teamates played very well, that leap of faith on the rdruid was perfect, he just needed to deterr...

Anyways, was a nice win for you :)

2928d50b7e413a8ddaf370ee54429eb5.png

#62 Eviaax

Eviaax
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2276
  • 3v3: 2752
  • 5v5: 480

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:24 AM

Lol ya team seemed very confused at what happened it seems like
Highest Rated Demonology Lock US
Twitch: Http://www.twitch.tv/eviaaxtv
YouTube: Http://www.youtube.com/eviaax
Twitter: @eviaademo

#63 Sosseri

Sosseri
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 2/1/0/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2785
  • 3v3: 2868
  • 5v5: 2518
  • RBG: 2400

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:04 AM

yah hlm rocks

Edited by Sosseri, 05 March 2014 - 08:57 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#64 Eviaax

Eviaax
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

yah hlm rocks

It is strong. Hld n hlm are neck n neck to me. Both healers have their perks

#65 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

Sp sustained damage is great. I remember demo/sp/healer being a top tier comp for demo back in 5.3 (dreamexicray was the highest ranked demo lock with this comp).

If someone could write something about demo/sp/healer it would be great and I'll add it to the guide.

Regards.

#66 Eviaax

Eviaax
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

Sp sustained damage is great. I remember demo/sp/healer being a top tier comp for demo back in 5.3 (dreamexicray was the highest ranked demo lock with this comp).

If someone could write something about demo/sp/healer it would be great and I'll add it to the guide.

Regards.

I've played this comp. it was actually a good comp. never played serious but would play with my buddy when had nothing to do at around 2.3 ish. Haven't played in some time tho. Would be interesting to try this season on alt lock or something.

#67 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

Do not hesitate to share your feedback if you have the opportunity to play it with your alt lock.

Btw, an LSD guide is also needed. (LSD is viable with all the warlock's specs)

#68 Eviaax

Eviaax
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

Do not hesitate to share your feedback if you have the opportunity to play it with your alt lock.

Btw, an LSD guide is also needed. (LSD is viable with all the warlock's specs)

Ya I'll give it a shot and post my experience here.

#69 Torotornot

Torotornot
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1326
  • 3v3: 1523
  • RBG: 1317

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for the guide. I had been playing aff/destro and was getting a bit bored, so I swapped out destro for demo. I played demo in wrath up through cata and loved it, but quit and just recently came back (5.3). I was not impressed with Demo when I came back and found it be clunky (more than usual) so I dropped it.

Your guide gave me new hope for demo and after trying it out a bit in BG's, I think I'm going to enjoy it again. I'm going to give both of the builds a shot, but the one I was testing first was Ehviya's last night. I wasn't getting as high of damage outputs as I would with Destro/Aff, but the burst was amazing and found that I could pretty much keep people locked down and blow them up.

Thanks again.

#70 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

Great guide and everyone's enthusiasm has motivated me to give demonology a shot.

It sucks that we can only rotate between 2 specs. I'm debating leveling another lock but the gear disparity will be disgusting.

How is everyone else juggling between afflic/destro/demon? Choosing 2 or is anyone rotating all 3, seems like it would be costly/annoying with unsaved binds.

TL;DR - Are people rolling a 2nd lock for demonology or torturing themselves w/ respecs? WTB 3 spec swap system

#71 Eviaax

Eviaax
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

Great guide and everyone's enthusiasm has motivated me to give demonology a shot.

It sucks that we can only rotate between 2 specs. I'm debating leveling another lock but the gear disparity will be disgusting.

How is everyone else juggling between afflic/destro/demon? Choosing 2 or is anyone rotating all 3, seems like it would be costly/annoying with unsaved binds.

TL;DR - Are people rolling a 2nd lock for demonology or torturing themselves w/ respecs? WTB 3 spec swap system

I have 2 locks I spec demo on both and have affliction spec on one and destro on other if I ever wanted to dabble with the other specs.

#72 Eviaax

Eviaax
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for the guide. I had been playing aff/destro and was getting a bit bored, so I swapped out destro for demo. I played demo in wrath up through cata and loved it, but quit and just recently came back (5.3). I was not impressed with Demo when I came back and found it be clunky (more than usual) so I dropped it.

Your guide gave me new hope for demo and after trying it out a bit in BG's, I think I'm going to enjoy it again. I'm going to give both of the builds a shot, but the one I was testing first was Ehviya's last night. I wasn't getting as high of damage outputs as I would with Destro/Aff, but the burst was amazing and found that I could pretty much keep people locked down and blow them up.

Thanks again.

Glad to hear! Let me know if you have any questions

#73 Slaggy

Slaggy
  • LocationThird World New Zealand

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

Got any advice for 3x 2300 exp players wanting to try demo marks druid on alts (kinda half-mains actually). Is it as simple as cc teh healer for the entire-fucking-game while riding 1 target with no cds and it dies during a darksoul? SOrry to be abrupt, im at work this morn.

#74 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

@Hackattack3, torotornot

Thank you, glad you enjoyed the guide :)

You can dualspec demo/destro very easily since these specs share the same stats priorities & gear. Thugonomics (#1 destro lock) plays demo sometimes :

http://us.battle.net...nomicz/advanced

However if you want to play affliction you'll need a haste gear.

Got any advice for 3x 2300 exp players wanting to try demo marks druid on alts (kinda half-mains actually). Is it as simple as cc teh healer for the entire-fucking-game while riding 1 target with no cds and it dies during a darksoul? SOrry to be abrupt, im at work this morn.

Please, read the guide before asking questions :)

There is a very complete strategy guide for hld written by Eviaax.

#75 Eviaax

Eviaax
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

You can make swaps on personal judgement if you see an opportunity. And with the cc chain rolling out it is still possible to get a kill without off CDs up. But all ccs go into heals.

#76 Slaggy

Slaggy

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

have read, over and over. very nice and informative guide, one of the better i've seen. I prefer demo over all specs,played my lock since S5 and always prefered it. Played demo warrior and demo spreist in s11-s12 also. Glad to see s15 can work, specially with my main partner from my PHDk team having an alt hunter he wants to gear. Ty for the advice, seems just CC the healer into oblivion and hit whatever doesnt have a cd is teh "basic" strat

#77 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

have read, over and over. very nice and informative guide, one of the better i've seen. I prefer demo over all specs,played my lock since S5 and always prefered it. Played demo warrior and demo spreist in s11-s12 also. Glad to see s15 can work, specially with my main partner from my PHDk team having an alt hunter he wants to gear. Ty for the advice, seems just CC the healer into oblivion and hit whatever doesnt have a cd is teh "basic" strat

We are talking about MOP, it really doesnt get more complicated than that :D.

#78 Slaggy

Slaggy

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

Ty for the advice, seems just CC the healer into oblivion and hit whatever doesnt have a cd is teh "basic" strat

We are talking about MOP, it really doesnt get more complicated than that

sad that its come to that isnt it.

#79 Bluckstack

Bluckstack
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/.
  • LocationGij√≥n

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

The guide is decent, anyways i wouldnt recommend the spec for anyone who is trying to play arenas a bit serious, demo is indeed the worse spec of the 3 we have, even if the spec is fun ( at least it is fun for me ) the main problem is that you cant get as much demonic fury as you would want + almost every team in the top can dispel doom which is the strongest dot for arena, out of that the spec have good cc and good defensives but as i said i wouldnt play a dps sec which is not close to be able to compete with the top 10 of the best dps specs at the moment.

Also, the fact that demo only scales properly with mastery meanwhile affly do with haste and mastery and destro do with mastery and crit doesnt really help.

I hope it might change in the future

Edited by Bluckstack, 06 March 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#80 substance

substance
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1587
  • 3v3: 1816
  • RBG: 767
  • Locationbreckenridge

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

I am currently gearing a second lock so i can play all three specs. I think all specs have there time to shine depending what you play with. As for Blukstack, most of us know that demo isn't the best lock spec. We don't care. Some people rather enjoy the game they play then just play the best spec. Please don't turn this into a bad thread. The thread is here for people who want to play demo, end of story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<