• Curse Sites
Help

Who actually enjoys plaing DK right now?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 seadogsnrebz

seadogsnrebz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2460
  • RBG: 1953

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

View Postforumsloveme, on 27 February 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

Shadowcleave was indeed so strong when we queued yesterday... seems like a surprise top comp is coming for DKs. Then again, we'll see how good it is when weps hit

No surprise

Shadow cleave always top comp first couple weeks of seaso. Mes pushed 2448 with it last season second week. Post inflation equivalent of nearly 2700.

Also scleave was very 2400+ viable last season in full 522

#42 forumsloveme

forumsloveme
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2069
  • 3v3: 2070
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1663
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

View Postseadogsnrebz, on 27 February 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

No surprise

Shadow cleave always top comp first couple weeks of seaso. Mes pushed 2448 with it last season second week. Post inflation equivalent of nearly 2700.

Also scleave was very 2400+ viable last season in full 522

I know it was viable last season, both mw and shaman variants, I was more surprised that it is this season with the increased ilvl rocketing stuff like rogue/mage up even more, but yeah, weapons aren't in the game yet, so no idea how it'll turn it, 2,4 will still be easily doable.
LSD making dreams come true since S7

#43 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

its a love hate relationship

#44 Gorgitz

Gorgitz
  • Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:07 AM

Caring less about trying so hard and more about pulling off sweet stunts, Yeah I'm actually enjoying my DK, I'm sure i'd have more of a ball but it's no biggie. If i were pushing rating, I don't exactly have the time / team to do that with so I'm coasting at the moment. Lost my DK/Ele team for this season so I'm just hopping teams til I find people cool enough to stick with. As for the shadowcleave comments, never found a decent lock to run it with, ones I'd try out would either die or complain about getting trained all the time. I also feel that mages and locks are doing insane amounts of damage so far (from a DK perspective at least) so it's no surprise to me that lock/DK is putting out some good pressure and winning.

#45 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostOwnu, on 28 February 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

pretty much sums it up perfectly lol

#46 Yubel

Yubel
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1725
  • 3v3: 2503
  • RBG: 384

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

View PostSnapsta, on 26 February 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

2) the amount of castercleave in higher ratings is hilarious. EVERY game against Lsd ;Mage/destro ;Affli/ele ; shadow/mage is prettymuch a uphillbattle from sec 1 in arena. the only time you win is if you get rng lucky but if they dont fuck up hard you lose every single time. The amount of instant cc together with them just Pveing you down is just ridiculous. the funny thing is the same classes that complain about DK as soon as they lose 1 of 20 games against a Dk team because they got SRd are the ones who delete you off their screen even outside of their cooldowns. (Destro: "hello mr dk could you hold some of these 120k+ chaosbolts for me ....and by the way mr.dk you dmg is to high better eat one of my 10 fears or let me port or let me gate even when my healer sits full cc chains)

Even when there will again be a few people who achieve high ratings on this class nobody can say that is is actually fun to play

Play Shadowcleave with a resto shaman. You'll win 99% of your games vs. casters.
Posted Image

#47 Slaggy

Slaggy
  • LocationThird World New Zealand

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

I been playing some PHDk with a MW monk since my TSG is on a but of a hiatus. It's fun, the hunter CC is something I havent had for the last 3 seasons cleaving with my warrior buddy. Problem is were stuck right around 2k and losing to *gasp* caster cleaves. Godcomp, Shadowcleave, and LSD in particular but what doesnt lose to dampening cleave these days.

Any advice for a PHDk rookie? We usually find we ignore healers, just CC their balls off every 30 sec on asphyx cooldown. We try to kill in the following order based on opponent comp (Mage>Hunter>Warrior>Lock) since one of those 4 is in every fucking comp int he US region.
Any advice appreciated. I, as the DK, never seem to warrent any attention, as in they train my hunter partner 24/7 and I sit in unholy and just mongo damage and interupts into whatever we want to hit. Yet somehow we still have a 50/50 record this season @ 2k and can't break that barrier.

#48 jaimex

jaimex

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

Against godcomp, go mage with hard hard hard swaps on druid EVERY asphx. Don't grip asphx, push in for it. You will die if you turtle, most likely. Throw all cc on the sp when you swap, trap>sap>gnaw if you can. Save grip for druid blink. Should land a kill on 2-3rd asphx. Try to force block with garg cds on druid, pref after skin. Shouldn't have any other problems. If mage is spam ccing during swap, just use sap on him instead of priest. You shouldn't train too long after the asphx ends, if he blinks grip and stay for 3-4 secs (unless kill ofc) and swap off again. This pressure is unhealable after a few swaps.

0.2$

#49 Hoggster2701

Hoggster2701
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1274
  • 3v3: 2552
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 2025

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

Dk is pretty fun atm i enjoy it at least. Just playing some TSG, dk moonkin shaman and phd they all seem fun for now. I guess we'll see how it is when weapons appear

#50 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

View Postjaimex, on 04 March 2014 - 07:58 PM, said:

Against godcomp, go mage with hard hard hard swaps on druid EVERY asphx. Don't grip asphx, push in for it. You will die if you turtle, most likely. Throw all cc on the sp when you swap, trap>sap>gnaw if you can. Save grip for druid blink. Should land a kill on 2-3rd asphx. Try to force block with garg cds on druid, pref after skin. Shouldn't have any other problems. If mage is spam ccing during swap, just use sap on him instead of priest. You shouldn't train too long after the asphx ends, if he blinks grip and stay for 3-4 secs (unless kill ofc) and swap off again. This pressure is unhealable after a few swaps.

0.2$

maybe thats an EU thing, but mage is easily the best target to kill when playing against god comp, but you dont treat it any different than any other double caster cleave; you should be switching to the most pushed up caster whenever they push up unless the one you're on is in death range

#51 jaimex

jaimex

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

It isn't a 'EU Thing'. Played Shadow for years, predominantly Godcomp/Shatter. This is what good PHDs do. They win. Mindless tunneling a mage or priest if he overextends is stupid as fuck and going to get you killed in a deep.

#52 Slaggy

Slaggy

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:05 PM

going to get you killed in a deep

happens to my hunter quite often. I dont think ive been killed by a godcomp yet in the comp, its always global the green guy. but it doesnt always corrolate with us being pushed in, sometimes were pulled back a bit and the hunter still gets fucked if i cant gnaw the preist and grip a mage cast.

#53 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/0/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2705
  • 3v3: 2210
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

View PostSlaggy, on 04 March 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

mage cast.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Posted Image

#54 MasterHaku

MasterHaku
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 480
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostAmex, on 26 February 2014 - 11:19 PM, said:

You had your fun during WotlK now deal with it.
That's 2 expansions ago. It's like holding a grudge against the Germans for World War 2.

View PostOwnu, on 28 February 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

Feels more like, "hate with the fire of a thousand suns" relationship
The gap between my power and yours is as wide as the gap between Heaven and Earth!

#55 Slaggy

Slaggy

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

Posted ImageSlaggy, on 05 March 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

mage cast.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
  • Posted Image

Refering to the follow-up poly on my healer. MY monk tends to be able to heal through most if not all burst situations if he isnt cc'd

#56 sunzrooney

sunzrooney
    • Junkies

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

Playing MW / ELE / DK this season, now we've only played 20 games but it's strong, more so with a good MW than a shammy, I feel I can go significantly more offensive with the MW than any other healer.

I took a break for 2+ years so only back now, I'm enjoying my dk even if they did remove alot of the "skill" that was around the class when I played, I cried when I heard unholy frenzy wasn't breaking cc any more :()

#57 forumsloveme

forumsloveme
    • Members
    • Night Elfclass_name
    • EU-Outland
    • Misery
    • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
    • 2v2: 2069
    • 3v3: 2070
    • 5v5: 960
    • RBG: 1663
    • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

View Postsunzrooney, on 06 March 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

Playing MW / ELE / DK this season, now we've only played 20 games but it's strong, more so with a good MW than a shammy, I feel I can go significantly more offensive with the MW than any other healer.

I took a break for 2+ years so only back now, I'm enjoying my dk even if they did remove alot of the "skill" that was around the class when I played, I cried when I heard unholy frenzy wasn't breaking cc any more :()

I'll take that as a compliment x) Was really good games idd.

But seriously, DK/Ele/MW reminds me of old RMPs, it's viability increases exponentially with the personal skill and the synergy of the 3 players, which was always something that fascinated me.
    LSD making dreams come true since S7

#58 imsonmia

imsonmia
    • Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

What is best if u are playing Dk/Lock/Rshamn  afli or destro Lock?

#59 Flavours

Flavours

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

View Postimsonmia, on 06 March 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

Affli.

View Postisthisnametakenyet, on 18 August 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:

fucking scum why don't you just offer him help instead of being a dick

#60 Slaggy

Slaggy

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:16 AM

Affliction by a land slide here. The comp is based around spread DoT damage and having the healer fall behind. Shadowcleave is ACTUALLY a healer killer comp for those unaware. The lock just dots and most importantly, controls, the other team while teh dk is free to mongo really anything he wants. Its nice if the dk can ride the healer for alittle while though, it forces the other team so far behind with the lock rotting the 2 dps and makes for incredible swaps byt he dk once you switch CC to the healer for any short amount of time. Or, in some cases, the healer makes teh chocie to try to bring his party back up, in which case the DK has every chance to erase the healer from the match alone.

GL in there, its a strong comp though you will need to practice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<