The Choosing a class/spec

warlock shaman monk druid mage

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Visutho

Visutho
  • Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

Hi there! Im currently "new" to the "Pure PvP" aspecter of the game. I've been playing the game for since middle of vanilla and TBC..

Mostly PvP, with some random BG/arena. Highest rating have been like 1700rating(lol)!

I've mostly been playing: shaman, druid,monk and warlock for fun PvPs

But im wondering:

what would be the overall best dpser/healer of those?

The problem for me is that i like "all specs" with them. But that experience is from a BG level, not arena.

Sure, ascendance enh burst is nice in arena, but we are so "squishy". etc..

Any of you arena junkies got any advice about how I could choose specs for my classes?

For me i could be all:

Druid(resto,feral and boomkin)
Monk: heal/ww
Shaman(all specs are very interesting)
Warlock: I mostly like demo/destro cus the "Kill mode". Aflliction is in my eyes a little booring burst wise etc...
Mage: frost is also nice

Im talking from a Randomg BG view, whats the opinion about the classes in arena? Any suggestion about how to choose a spec/class for Arena? I play fairly well on them all, but hard to choose "the one" too focus on.

BTW: I dont want to get shit on by warriors/hunters -_- OP!

#2 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2435
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2038
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

From your list of classes -

- Resto Druid is very strong.
- Monk healers are viable, but not common.
- All shaman specs are good right now.
- Demo is trash, but Destro and Affli are great.
- Frost mages are top tier.

Honestly it depends on your playstyle, teammates, and how far you want to go in arena.

#3 Visutho

Visutho
  • Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostAces, on 25 February 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

From your list of classes -

- Resto Druid is very strong.
- Monk healers are viable, but not common.
- All shaman specs are good right now.
- Demo is trash, but Destro and Affli are great.
- Frost mages are top tier.

Honestly it depends on your playstyle, teammates, and how far you want to go in arena.

Yeah I guess so, Just have a feeling of getting "shit on" by hunters/warriors by all of the classes lol. I guess it is different going with 2v2/3v3 teams than "Lonely" in a random BG... sigh xD guess i just have to try them out properly...

#4 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2435
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2038
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

View PostVisutho, on 25 February 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Yeah I guess so, Just have a feeling of getting "shit on" by hunters/warriors by all of the classes lol. I guess it is different going with 2v2/3v3 teams than "Lonely" in a random BG... sigh xD guess i just have to try them out properly...

Very different in 3v3. Try them all and see which suits you, usually what you get accustomed too and enjoy the most is the one you're best at. Best of luck.

#5 Rhee

Rhee
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2401
  • RBG: 384

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

Don't worry too much about certain classes getting man-handled by warriors or hunters, things are very different in 3v3 arena, as you and your teammates can work around that factor by addressing that issue.

As for deciding what to play, you should really decide between the roles first. Do you want to heal? Or do you want to be the source of damage?

Once you decided between the two, seriously the best advice is to go with the class / spec you enjoy the most, and have the desire to be the best on. If you truly enjoy the class / spec, you have no idea how fast you can improve and how far you can go in terms of success.

Don't choose a certain class because it seems strong or OP, but rather choose something that you truly desire because in 3v3 arena, everything can be worked with, and everything is viable!

Good luck on your new journey!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warlock, shaman, monk, druid, mage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<