Eminemqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:17 AM

i guess it's a good thing, and since i already had loads of trouble hitting orbs sometimes due to ms and the delay of orb placement. However i really hope they will come up with a good replacement, because MWs really are shitty druids without them. No dispel protection, weak HoTs and even their offensive pressure is futile in 3s. So i'll just wait for a good replacement, and otherwise i will just level my holy paladin first.

Yes dispel protection is horrible - they should make enveloping mists like lifebloom but the hot is pretty strong and same with offensive pressure since lightning does a considerable amount.

#42 jbblaze1

jbblaze1
  • Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

Like most I guess I can understand why this is being removed, by there will obviously have to be some sort of compensation for this. They said it in the tweet but I wonder what they'll do in order to fix such an issue, MW's saving grace was those orbs, clunky or not.

I'm scared for my MW :(

#43 pootyy

pootyy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1491
  • 3v3: 2302
  • 5v5: 1894
  • RBG: 192

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

i hope the compensation.....compensates :mad:

#44 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1526
  • 3v3: 1850
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1678
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

Well that's a shame. Healing Spheres were fun as hell to use, and I just leveled my monk up as MW for that reason.

Why didn't they just turn them into a HoT or something that stacked to three? It's not massive, instant heals that let you survive any kind of burst with all instant healing, but it keeps the fun of the class. Maybe even make it stack to three like a ground targeted lifebloom.

#45 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

At last... Those Spheres were killing the fun and intended playstyle of the MW. I might pick her up again.

#46 totypwn

totypwn
  • Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

Before you start qq'ing about wanting something to compensate, keep in mind that everything changes with a expansion.. They might remove a instant cast from every single class. I think that it often fucks up the game that people complain about their own class before seeing the whole picture. Feral also lost their instant clone (even though it was before the exp which was a bit silly) which makes them weak now, but if it happens to everyone, the game might get solid again.

#47 DerpiousMaximus

DerpiousMaximus
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 2110
  • 3v3: 2066
  • RBG: 960

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

Before you start qq'ing about wanting something to compensate, keep in mind that everything changes with a expansion.. They might remove a instant cast from every single class. I think that it often fucks up the game that people complain about their own class before seeing the whole picture. Feral also lost their instant clone (even though it was before the exp which was a bit silly) which makes them weak now, but if it happens to everyone, the game might get solid again.

Noone is qq'ing in this thread. We are just estimating how this change will influence our class, and i'm 99% sure most people won't judge the new expansion (because everything will change). People are just comparing it with what they know atm, and if you'd currently take healing sphere away from mw they would be less then even viable.. However with the slower playstyle planned for WoD this might not be a problem at all. I do however dare to say that if they remove healing spheres and leave the offensive dispelling system as is, then mw will have huge problems because of no dispel protection (shaman teams already RIP our healing in half and force us to spam only healing spheres) Personnaly i'd applaud a change like your HoT's not being dispellable during soothing mist or compensation on dispel like on lifebloom. But i'm just going to wait how WoD turns out and im personnaly really looking forward to less cc and less instants and less spells. But blizzard is known to making promises and not coming trough so we'll just see.

Edited by DerpiousMaximus, 11 March 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#48 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

Noone is qq'ing in this thread. We are just estimating how this change will influence our class, and i'm 99% sure most people won't judge the new expansion (because everything will change). People are just comparing it with what they know atm, and if you'd currently take healing sphere away from mw they would be less then even viable.. However with the slower playstyle planned for WoD this might not be a problem at all. I do however dare to say that if they remove healing spheres and leave the offensive dispelling system as is, then mw will have huge problems because of no dispel protection (shaman teams already RIP our healing in half and force us to spam only healing spheres) Personnaly i'd applaud a change like your HoT's not being dispellable during soothing mist or compensation on dispel like on lifebloom. But i'm just going to wait how WoD turns out and im personnaly really looking forward to less cc and less instants and less spells. But blizzard is known to making promises and not coming trough so we'll just see.

Well it's a deeper problem then that. How are we going to heal ourselves without spheres when trained? They have to add new tools/spells to make up for that change.

#49 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1645
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1334

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

I think I phrased myself poorly in the initial post. I just wanted to tell everyone about the upcoming changes, and to highlight that in a more cast-based game (which I hope is the direction they are going for in WoD), monks will lack a lot. Even though other classes also loses instant cast heals, one of the biggest problems for monks is that Surging Mist is simply too inefficient to use without going oom pretty much instantly.
I just hope that Blizzard takes this opportunity to change Monk healing back towards the idea of healing through casts in Soothing Mists, a playstyle I really looked forward to but turned out to be complete garbage.

#50 Shridevi

Shridevi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1847
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 1611
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

I don't see a problem with self-heals. Chi Brew + Chi Explosion = healing elixir heal, +direct heal, 8 healing spheres, and a hot -- in 1 GCD, without casting or using any major cooldowns. It just means a wiser use of abilities is required.

Edited by Shridevi, 12 March 2014 - 06:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<