• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

Well just removing the ability will require massive compensation. Our entire defense is based around them. Also mistweaving is very clunky and not at all pvp friendly. They will need to change that.

Basically this class will be completely different and nothing like it is now in pvp. It will require a 100% make up for a change this big. We will also need some new spells...a couple of them.

#22 Shridevi

Shridevi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1847
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 1611
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

It's good news. Bad news is we might suck hard like at the beginning of MoP, where they ignore MW.

I wonder why they decided it. Maybe they found a few botters?

#23 Ravin

Ravin
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/0/2/2/2

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

Good change. Instant cast anything is dog for this game.

#24 drockzo

drockzo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Cenarion Circle
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1486
  • 3v3: 2965
  • RBG: 1556

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

It's good news. Bad news is we might suck hard like at the beginning of MoP, where they ignore MW.

I wonder why they decided it. Maybe they found a few botters?

Probably something to do with PvE, at least that's what I would guess

#25 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

Probably something to do with PvE, at least that's what I would guess

I doubt that. I am sure this has everything to do with pvp.

They said they never intended for spheres to be a direct healing spell. They planned for it to be placed on the ground then we go back to using other abilities. However it's been used as a .5sec GCD instant flash heal with extremely low mana cost.

On top of it with the game changing (hopefully), to less instant CC, and less interrupts. A healer that spends 90% of it's time never casting anything with a cast time would not work.

#26 Lytning

Lytning
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2211
  • 3v3: 2505

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

I understand why people aren't happy with the change, but personally I am.

While it does take away a huge part of the unique healing playstyle, it seems like it only encourages botting (as if we need more cheating), allowed too much burst healing (though at the cost of mana efficiency), and made a huge part of monk skill cap being able to aim target circles (which most can't do quickly, because this community plays MMOs, not FPSs, and again can lead to botting).

I love the part of monk healing where everything is channel that makes other things instant. I think that's really unique and cool upon itself, and with some buffs to mana efficiency etc, I could see that becoming a popular and appreciated unique playstyle even without orbs.

Also, maybe they're FINALLY getting the hint that we want our casters to cast in this game, and maybe a lot of instant shit will get nerfed along with a lot of cc, so people can cast. But, we'll see. Either way, if they don't appropriately compensate monks with pvp and pve in mind, this could ruin class. Well have to see how stupid they feel on the day they finalize decisions.
Youtube: Youtube.com/LytningPvP
Live Stream: Twitch.tv/LytningPvP
Twitter: Twitter.com/LytningPvP

Posted Image

#27 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

I hope they increase the melee damage MW monks can put out (not the passive healing by that however). Going into melee and do damage as MW is the definition of high risk and should have a higher reward. I would like to see MW monks being the offensive healer.

#28 CreepStatus

CreepStatus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • LocationGAINZville, the Gym

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

I hope they increase the melee damage MW monks can put out (not the passive healing by that however). Going into melee and do damage as MW is the definition of high risk and should have a higher reward. I would like to see MW monks being the offensive healer.

are u kidding me?

they already do the most damage of any healer, (besides hotw ofc, but that's 6min cd)

#29 Ocypode

Ocypode
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1774
  • 3v3: 2084

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:35 PM

imo it's good to take the spheres away but our mastery at the momeny is actually pretty solid if you look at one game the floor might be full of those orbs and when you get cc'd your partners can just pacman them and its k.

But atleast spheres were our totally unique style to heal and do some random "tricks" where you put locks port full of them etc.

I hope they do compensate for it then.

#30 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2028
  • 3v3: 2406
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 2088

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

why are people so negative about everything... I'm sure there's going to be compensation.... and even if there isn't the gameplay in wod is going to be way different, it's impossible to judge a change like this

#31 spelgubbe

spelgubbe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1559
  • 3v3: 2683
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1710

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:38 AM

Yeah sure, if priests can get a 100% damage increase on holy fire and smite. Kappa
Fixed an issue during the Murozond encounter that could affect Death Knights and cause their Anti-Magic Shell ability to go on a slightly longer than intended 12-day cooldown.

#32 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:27 AM

I don't think they should entirely remove the ability, I think they should just remove the ability to spam them on your team for outrageous healing. Maybe keep it exactly the way it is but have like a 4 second cooldown so you can't ignore mechanics like smoke bomb or avoid casting for entire games.

I personally find it fun to be able to pick up orbs during healer cc to stay alive and I think it promotes a little bit of skillful gameplay, but it's extremely frustrating for healers to be able to top someone off without having to cast, there is no risk and huge reward. Just needs a little toning, not removal.

Edited by Filthpig, 25 February 2014 - 01:28 AM.

#33 Dahjy

Dahjy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1615
  • 3v3: 2206
  • RBG: 2125

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:29 AM

This is a much needed change as the ability is rather bizarre, but in current state it I'd needed. Hopefully with next Pac they get compensated nicely and hopefully this means they will be removing some CC from certain classes.
Twitch.tv/Dahjy WW monk / Ret arena/rbgs

#34 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:36 AM

Compensation is a funny thing
I loved how they compensated ele shamans in cata when they completely gutted their wrath toolset. They gave them damage, damage, damage, damage, and heals that costed 1/10 of their mana bar.

Monks best hope they compensate correctly. They usually aren't too good at that.

Edited by ROKMODE, 25 February 2014 - 01:38 AM.

Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#35 iuremax

iuremax
  • Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:34 AM

imo it's good to take the spheres away but our mastery at the momeny is actually pretty solid if you look at one game the floor might be full of those orbs and when you get cc'd your partners can just pacman them and its k.

But atleast spheres were our totally unique style to heal and do some random "tricks" where you put locks port full of them etc.

I hope they do compensate for it then.

Mastery won't be changed, healing spheres will still proc by some skills.

#36 discoepfeand

discoepfeand
  • Premium

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:08 AM

MW is the only healing class I've enjoyed playing in PvP. Unless they do something like this ^^ (or something else similarly different/creative), then I'll probably just go back to dps full time.

#37 Qualudes

Qualudes
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2072
  • 3v3: 2413
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1652

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:17 AM

this needed to be removed, monk healing orb bot was pretty rediculous....

#38 Eminemqt

Eminemqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

Good change, it's a huge disadvantage for all players with high ms making it extremely difficult to land orbs plus it being ridiculously dumb with the healing output and low mana cost. If you have the bot then that's easy glad/r1 for you. :duckers:

#39 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1563
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

Hello!

It would appear that in WoD, they are planning to remove Healing Spheres. While I love the spell and the way it works, I can't help by agreeing that being able to outheal most burst damage using nothing but instant cast spells is kind of retarded and unintended.

They have said that they will compensate for this, so my question is this: What kind of changes would YOU want to see as a compensation?
Personally, the most obvious change would be to decrease the mana cost of Surging Mist so that it can actually be used outside of Thunder Focus Tea. I think that this was the way we were intended to play, but it is just too inefficient right now.
I know that it is a bit early to speculate about how WoD will be, but ideas can never hurt :)

Source: https://twitter.com/...762828582137858

Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 DerpiousMaximus

DerpiousMaximus
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 2110
  • 3v3: 2066
  • RBG: 960

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

i guess it's a good thing, and since i already had loads of trouble hitting orbs sometimes due to ms and the delay of orb placement. However i really hope they will come up with a good replacement, because MWs really are shitty druids without them. No dispel protection, weak HoTs and even their offensive pressure is futile in 3s. So i'll just wait for a good replacement, and otherwise i will just level my holy paladin first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<