Help

Patch 5.4.7 - Holy Paladin Comps

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:20 AM

Hello all,

I've been wondering the viable compa for the next season. And I think we shoul discuss about the potential comps.

I am thinking to play: Thug cleave, LSP, PHDk and maybe kitty cleave.

Thug -> Rogue + hunter = insane burst and great CC

LSP  -> Well you just have to hope that your partners won't replace you with a druid :) However due to resi buff
and low gear in the beginning + the increasing melee cleaves this comp can be viable. It has the potential to kill players by draining their HP over time and pala is good against melee cleaves... Yeah I fucked up :D

PHDk -> I have mixed feelings about this comp: since the survivalibilty of DK is low,
It might not be that viable.

Kitty    -> If there are lots of shammys in teams, this comp will be as good as that of the current season's.

What are your thoughts fellow pallys?
Xwede ji te razi be...

#2 Dubsidia

Dubsidia
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

Beast cleave not a thing anymore? Also RMPalla? All these classes scale well with gear iswell.

Note: Havn't played ptr, so not 100% sure what full prideful is like.

Hpal still seems Tier 2 vs Druid/Sham/Monk. Even KFC is better with sham/monk.

#3 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

RMPaladin
KFChi

Various Ele based caster cleaves should work well.

Kittycleave will be good, heard cats scale well damage wise.

Turbocleave will probably be decent.

Since I've heard both classes are doing broken damage in full primal gear; WWMonk/Boomkin/HPaladin is easier and better than it sounds. ;)

#4 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hi,

I noticed that top shadowpriests plays mage/sp + rdruid or hpally so I guess this is a good comp for hpally :)

Posted Image

#5 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Thanks for the replies,

I think RMHpala will be a good comp too, so will the beast cleave... I didn't type them because I haven't played those comps to 2.4+

I don't think KFC will be that strong with a holy pal compared to a resto shaman kitty. But some people manage it well so I am not sure.

I have played rogue/boomkin/hpal during wargames (aka Dancing With The Stars) and I think it is a comp that is worth to try out with the full prideful gear. I have never met with a good WW monk so I haven't had the opportunity to play various compa with that class. Can you elaborate on boom we monk hpal please ? :)

Shatterplay is awesome indeed. I forgot to include it in my initial post. However the synergy is a big aspect of the comp so during the setup games, it might feel like a troublesome comp to heal.

I also played Shadow play and shadow cleave with former rank 1 players. We won every single game but yeah I don't feel 100% confident about commenting on those setups.
Xwede ji te razi be...

#6 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

Boomkin/WW/Hpal has the potential for unlimited CC chains, both classes can dispel poison (wyvern), the druid can dispel hex. Both are hybrids, so they can both off-heal to some extent... and both classes can peel fairly well, and the WW can peel like a rogue on crack if needed. Swapping healers in beam + fist of fury is almost a guaranteed kill if you cross CC well to prevent a peel. You can occasionally get a random RNG gib as well... both classes have insane burst potential at any given time.

Played it last season, and the main thing that kept it from being good was the damage just wasn't quite there with the boomkin... but he wasn't fully geared either. Peeling/surviving/kiting was easy peasy though... stopping or limiting openers is also pretty easy, and the comp actually does fairly well against rogue teams.

If Boomkins and WW's are doing the type of damage everyone claims they are on the PTR, then I'd say that it would be a fun comp to play. It's also different, which is pretty awesome for anyone who detests FoTM comps.

I'm not going to go out and say it's a top-tier comp, but for anyone as bored with the game as I am; it's worth trying out. It certainly works well enough to have fun with.

#7 Bridgey

Bridgey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/2/0/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 1489
  • 3v3: 1778
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSouth West England

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

Hpally/combat/ele was a really fun comp I played it around 2.1 at the end of season and I have heard boomkin is guna be strong so replacing the ele with a boomkin might be a pretty real but underrated comp.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<