This Darkened Heart - A Shendelz PVP Guide (6.0.3)

dk pvp arena guide unholy frost 5.4.7 6.0.3

Creating and replying to topics is restricted until you link a Battle.net account with a valid World of Warcraft character.
  • Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#281 Ownu

Ownu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2357
  • RBG: 1790
  • Locationcal

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:54 PM

View PostTwaenkz, on 09 January 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

What comps you running? Havent touched much 3s but from playing my boomkin I havent seen any DKs in a while

I have dont play a whole lot of 3s, but when I have played it, its either been shadowcleave or Rogue Dk. I did play a little bit of PHD during the beginning of the season, and the other day I tried TSG for the first time with Sdigital.

#282 Schwarzfaust

Schwarzfaust
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blutkessel
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/2/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2102
  • 3v3: 1766
  • RBG: 1426

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:39 AM

So i wanted to get the 680 legendary ring with vers+bonusarmor for pvp since i still have the 675 ring. Did anyone test if there's any benefit for going bonusarmor as frost dk?

#283 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1959
  • 3v3: 2249
  • RBG: 1894

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:57 AM

View PostSchwarzfaust, on 10 January 2015 - 01:39 AM, said:

So i wanted to get the 680 legendary ring with vers+bonusarmor for pvp since i still have the 675 ring. Did anyone test if there's any benefit for going bonusarmor as frost dk?

There is no reason to get bonus armor as dk.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#284 Schwarzfaust

Schwarzfaust
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blutkessel
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/2/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2102
  • 3v3: 1766
  • RBG: 1426

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:26 AM

View PostCovlol, on 10 January 2015 - 01:57 AM, said:

There is no reason to get bonus armor as dk.

Well, does it increase attack power?
edit: i guess not, atleast it's not showing :/

#285 Relentless

Relentless
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:22 AM

View PostSchwarzfaust, on 10 January 2015 - 02:26 AM, said:

Well, does it increase attack power?
edit: i guess not, atleast it's not showing :/

Does nothing at all.

#286 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

View PostRelentless, on 10 January 2015 - 03:22 AM, said:

Does nothing at all.
For DPS specs*
Posted Image

#287 piddhan

piddhan

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:57 AM

Didn't want to start a new topic for a slightly unnecessary question, so I'll go ahead and ask here. If that's ok. Is the "frost gear" (vers/haste; off pieces) better for unholy, than the "unholy gear" (ma; 4/5 set pieces) is for frost? Was gearing for frost, and now all of a sudden I find myself in a shadowcleave team..

#288 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:43 PM

View Postpiddhan, on 12 January 2015 - 11:57 AM, said:

Didn't want to start a new topic for a slightly unnecessary question, so I'll go ahead and ask here. If that's ok. Is the "frost gear" (vers/haste; off pieces) better for unholy, than the "unholy gear" (ma; 4/5 set pieces) is for frost? Was gearing for frost, and now all of a sudden I find myself in a shadowcleave team..
It doesn't really matter that much, but the 4-set is very good for Unholy if the enemy team isn't focusing on dispelling it quickly. Even for Frost, the 4-set still has some value.

It goes both ways though. The extra stats aren't bad for Unholy.

Edited by Forumz, 12 January 2015 - 12:45 PM.

Posted Image

#289 piddhan

piddhan

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostForumz, on 12 January 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

It doesn't really matter that much, but the 4-set is very good for Unholy if the enemy team isn't focusing on dispelling it quickly. Even for Frost, the 4-set still has some value.

It goes both ways though. The extra stats aren't bad for Unholy.

Thanks man. I'll just continue on my frosty path then, and start buying more set pieces when the time comes.

#290 Ownu

Ownu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Locationcal

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:59 PM

Unfortunately, once you choose one gearing path to go down, you're stuck there until you have superfluous conquest points. You can still chose to change spec and thus gear; however you will be putting yourself behind (I really do hate this gearing model).

#291 StraiyEU

StraiyEU
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1970
  • 3v3: 2604
  • 5v5: 2092
  • RBG: 1962
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:01 PM

Icy Talons now causes the Death Knight to gain 20% (up from 5%) more of the Haste stat from all sources.

What do think about that?
i like it!

#292 Sucubis

Sucubis
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1360

Posted Yesterday, 10:29 PM

Hello :) I was wondering if you could shred some light if I should still stack mastery as unholy? And do you think I even stand a chance in 2v2/3v3 as unholy. I really love it and I don't want to switch to frost since I find it not interesting at all. But I've always though I should be stacking haste as a primary stat since it affects my rune regeneration rate and my GCD. So do I go for mastery this expansion (since I just got it and don't know a single thing about it)? And is the base idea of an opener/rotation (as much as "rotation" goes in PvP) the same as in MoP?

Thank you for your time :)

#293 Ownu

Ownu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Locationcal

Posted Today, 02:00 AM

View PostSucubis, on 29 January 2015 - 10:29 PM, said:

Hello :) I was wondering if you could shred some light if I should still stack mastery as unholy? And do you think I even stand a chance in 2v2/3v3 as unholy. I really love it and I don't want to switch to frost since I find it not interesting at all. But I've always though I should be stacking haste as a primary stat since it affects my rune regeneration rate and my GCD. So do I go for mastery this expansion (since I just got it and don't know a single thing about it)? And is the base idea of an opener/rotation (as much as "rotation" goes in PvP) the same as in MoP?

Thank you for your time :)

Yes, continue to stack mastery as unholy. I believe Mastery > vers or Mastery > MS are fine choices. There are a few comps that work for unholy on US, but since you're on EU I think you will be fine running the spec. If you like haste a lot, you can feel free to stack Mastery > Haste. I believe the damage per 1k rating of secondary stats are all pretty close to one another, with the exception of crit (outside of mastery of course).

As for how to play it, it plays exactly like it does in MoP, minus necrotic strike. However this time around you want to save your gargoyle for your Dark Transformation, and you want to save your Dark Transformation for burst situations, instead of hitting it on cooldown like we did in MoP

Edited by Ownu, Today, 02:00 AM.

#294 Relentless

Relentless
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2

Posted Today, 10:29 AM

View PostOwnu, on 30 January 2015 - 02:00 AM, said:

Yes, continue to stack mastery as unholy. I believe Mastery > vers or Mastery > MS are fine choices. There are a few comps that work for unholy on US, but since you're on EU I think you will be fine running the spec. If you like haste a lot, you can feel free to stack Mastery > Haste. I believe the damage per 1k rating of secondary stats are all pretty close to one another, with the exception of crit (outside of mastery of course).

As for how to play it, it plays exactly like it does in MoP, minus necrotic strike. However this time around you want to save your gargoyle for your Dark Transformation, and you want to save your Dark Transformation for burst situations, instead of hitting it on cooldown like we did in MoP

Does 4 set from dark transformation affect gargoyle then? Remember reading somewhere that it didn't, as well as not affecting breath (can't get in game at the moment to test myself).

#295 Ownu

Ownu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Locationcal

Posted Today, 11:36 AM

Hmm it might not, since its plague damage. It should though; as in if it doesnt, it should be fixed so that it does

#296 Sucubis

Sucubis
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1360

Posted Today, 02:46 PM

View PostOwnu, on 30 January 2015 - 02:00 AM, said:

Thank you for the reply :) I just got a few more questions. Is gemming removed? Since all my items have no slots for gems. And now with reforge being removed, stacking a stat means just enchanting everything with it or? Also I used to play with the attack power enchant from Tailoring but now it seems to be missing too. So final question: Full mastery enchants? And what profession would I benefit from?

Thanks again :)

Creating and replying to topics is restricted until you link a Battle.net account with a valid World of Warcraft character.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dk, pvp, arena, guide, unholy, frost, 5.4.7, 6.0.3

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

<