Photo

Cold Inferno - A Shendelz PVP Guide (6.2.0)

dk pvp arena guide unholy frost 5.4.7 6.0.3 6.1 6.2

• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

#81 Alamein73

Alamein73
  • Members

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:17 PM

[quote name='Mickemontana' timestamp='1416566803' post='4271548']
Big thanks!
But for lvl 100 talent. I don't see big dmg coming from neither of them? I mean breath of sindra seems pretty useless. I'd rather spam frost-strikes? Going for high burst in arena atm on 2v2
[/quote]

Sindy's breath paired up with full slate of runes and empower rune weapon can last a long ass time. I've been a big fan of it particularly in skirmishes and battlegrounds with positions needing to be held. For example if you set it up right with remoseless winter and disease spreading you're going to get some insane damage. I have been toggling back and forth with Necrotic plague though following the information that it can crit again.

#82 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:25 AM

Updated talent section to reflect more choices and combinations, save the bottom tier talent. Ran out of time; will fix later and notify.

#83 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:16 AM

Hmm. Not really sure what just happened. Only added stats like Versatility, and the level 100 tier talents. Not exactly sure how to fix it either, I'll see if I can get vanguards to roll back the post or something. It probably wouldnt take that long to redo the format, but it sure is annoying. Anyone have a clue as to what I might have accidentally did?

#84 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hmm. Not really sure what just happened. Only added stats like Versatility, and the level 100 tier talents. Not exactly sure how to fix it either, I'll see if I can get vanguards to roll back the post or something. It probably wouldnt take that long to redo the format, but it sure is annoying. Anyone have a clue as to what I might have accidentally did?

You may have accidentally toggled the bb code box or something.
Posted Image

#85 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:55 PM

Made some progress. Everything up to the macros section should be roughly fixed. Let me know if you spot any code errors in that section. May not be able to continue doctoring it back up until later tonight.

#86 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:22 PM

I've found that you can accidentally turn off your Breath of Sindragosa if you press it again; I'm assuming a /cast !Breath of Sindragosa; macro would fix that. Might be nice to add into the guide if it works. I'll test in a bit.

Edit: the above macro works.

Edited by Forumz, 22 November 2014 - 10:33 PM.

Posted Image

#87 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:04 AM

I've found that you can accidentally turn off your Breath of Sindragosa if you press it again; I'm assuming a /cast !Breath of Sindragosa; macro would fix that. Might be nice to add into the guide if it works. I'll test in a bit.

Edit: the above macro works.

sounds good, waiting confirmation, will add

#88 Aquavolt

Aquavolt
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/0/0/0

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:25 AM

As Frost DW, is there any difference between Runic Empowerment and Runic Corruption?

#89 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:27 AM

Runic Empowerment is good for "gaming runes", while Runic Corruption is good for using all of your runes, basically.

#90 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:59 AM

sounds good, waiting confirmation, will add

/cast !Breath of Sindragosa

You can spam the button and it will not turn off. Perfect.

Runic Empowerment is good for "gaming runes", while Runic Corruption is good for using all of your runes, basically.

Yeah, basically if there's a rune type you don't want (such as Unholy Runes as Dual Wield), you'll probably want to use Empowerment because you'll get greater benefits from it that way. If you plan on using all runes (Unholy/Blood), Corruption is usually better.
Posted Image

#91 Ninthward

Ninthward
  • Members

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:49 PM

So, Scoot. I'm tending to agree with you about Breath being really solid. How about it with UH? Would you reccomend it as a UH DK or only Frost?

#92 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:01 PM

So, Scoot. I'm tending to agree with you about Breath being really solid. How about it with UH? Would you reccomend it as a UH DK or only Frost?

I've not really played Unholy yet so I can't comment on this. I reckon it's pretty solid though.
Posted Image

#93 trifezxoxo

trifezxoxo
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1666
  • 3v3: 3018

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:26 PM

So UH over frost)?

#94 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:28 PM

Why would you ever want to toggle off Breath anyway

#95 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

Why would you ever want to toggle off Breath anyway

Yeah Idk why they even made it possible to turn it off. Probably because in PvE adds could die before you run out of steam and then you don't want to waste the remaining RP.

Edited by Forumz, 23 November 2014 - 04:32 PM.

Posted Image

#96 Nutzsz

Nutzsz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Blood 2/0/1/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1484
  • 3v3: 3046

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:48 AM

While I agree with the macro thing, it was only one macro used for the sake of tooltip. The Lich/AMZ one is required [even though AMZ is dead until a later date], because existing macros (cancelaura Lich) dont swap automatically when you swap into a different talent in the same tier. As for conversion; extensive testing showed that conversion--even for unholy--still wins out in level 100 arena over the other choices in the tier unless the conditions are very specific--which I covered. If you are getting trained, conversion is better 100% of the time. No cooldown, for a constant heal at the sacrifice of damage. Death Pact, is a two minute cooldown, in trade for effectively 25% of your health. If you are being trained into the ground, like so many teams did to Death Knights over the last expansion, which one sounds better to you? Plague Leech is not even an option considering it requires death runes.

As for editing a mop guide, the only things that are generally the same is the format, and theory that did not change whatsoever. I rewrote this from the ground up only using my previous version as a format guide. If you couldn't tell that the content was generally different it makes me wonder if you read it at all, or if you just skimmed through it :\

. I kept old content with strike-throughs because that helps show to the reader, as you read, that something [major] has changed. I already mentioned all of that concerning desecrated ground. As for lichborne, this guide is written for level 100, not level 90 patch 6.0.3. If I wrote it for level 90, I would have included blood, since it's better than the other specs by far. I also already covered necrotic, defile, and sindragrosa.

Maximum stacks of Necrotic Plague ticks for less than Blood Plague+Frost Fever, and only ticks 50% quicker. It also can't crit. Taking Unholy Blight would definitely get a fast stack of 15, but it would be by no means "burst", It would hardly be any more damage than not even taking Necrotic Plague or Unholy Blight.

idk about conversion for UH. even if you are getting trained, you need the RP for death coils (blood tap charges for death strikes), increase stacks of necrotic plague, UH is pretty tanky without conversion and death pact is not bad right now (25% instead of 50% absorp). i havent tested the dot dmg of necrotic plague vs reg dots yet however, would like to see how the dmg comes out at each stack relative to blood plague/ff, can test it later i guess. id still pick plague atm but i have testing to do.

#97 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:51 AM

Without defile I felt pretty squishy today. You can go find the games I got trained against in vs. dk feral in my most recent broadcast at twitch.tv/shendelz. Should be just before recorded just before this post

#98 delayen

delayen
  • Members

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:36 AM

What precense should I be using as 2h frost? Right now I've been running around with frost and changing to blood when ever I get swapped.

#99 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

I've not really played Unholy yet so I can't comment on this. I reckon it's pretty solid though.

Coming back to this, it is solid.

Really, really solid.

Like, borderline retarded damage solid.
Posted Image

#100 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:19 AM

Well, it's definitely no moonkin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dk, pvp, arena, guide, unholy, frost, 5.4.7, 6.0.3, 6.1, 6.2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<