Pika
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 1/2/0/2/0/2

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

Hey AJ

Since its the end of the season I decided to start reorganizing my UI and keybinds in order to help me become a better player. And after 2 hours of completely redoing everything over and over i'm no further forward. I just wanted to ask the AJ community for any advice regarding macros and keybinds.

I've realized that its about time I get target arena1/2/3  but can't seem to find any good binds for them. I use the cntrl/shift/alt modifiers already but not really a fan of combining them. I was thinking maybe alt+A, alt+W,alt+D for them? also once you have these macros should you also use focus arena1/2/3 macros?

I understand everyone reading this is going to think "personal preference" but since I have 2 weeks of downtime until the next season I would like to practice using the most efficient bindings so this way I can play optimally next season.

I mainly play resto sham so I already need party1/2/3 and cleanse1/2/3 but is it also important to use wind shear1/2/3 and dispel1/2/3 on top of my focus shear/purge?

I was basically hoping to start some discussion on the best way to organize your keybinds and bar space. I attempted to use many bar saver mod macros using shift/alt and nomod but it annoys me not being able to see the CD on all my spells like I could before.

I understand a lot of classes have this problem but its really irratating trying to come up with 50+ fast binds for all my spells/totems/shears/tagets. I know people say you dont need absolutely everything bound but its irritating in arena when I get one second to squeeze a lava burst in as resto and don't have it bound. Or to cast waterwalking for a DK's dark sim. So because of this I'd really like to bind 95% of all my abilities in some effect sensible way.

currently after the 3rd time redoing my bindings today Ive used 1-6, shift 1-6. alt1-6, cntrl1-6, then Q,E,R,T,G,F,C,X,Z, then shift Q,E,R,T,G,F,C,X,Z, and alt Q,E,R,T,G,F,C,X,Z and still dont have everything bound including shear123/focus123.

So how do you do it? and how do you think the best way to organize your UI/keybinds is?

Pce

PS I also play a mage/lock so would like to keep the bindings as generic as possible.

#2 Aces

Aces

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

Here is an excelent guide that helped me from Cottage, over on Skillcapped.

Here is my own personal, and more general key binding guide.

http://www.arenajunk...s/#entry4060139

I'm worried on how you're using nearly twice as many binds as me and don't have everything bound? Could you include a picture of your UI, and macro book?
Posted Image

#3 Miixzy

Miixzy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2228
  • 3v3: 2686
  • 5v5: 1343
  • RBG: 2226

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

I think a naga would help you with your problem :). also help/harm macros could save some keybinds for example if i target a enemy and f1 it will wrath and if i target a friendly player and f1 it will cast revive 2 spells on 1 keybind i have a few of those macros which help alot... this is the macro if you wondered

#showtooltip
/cast [help] Revive; [harm] Wrath
/cast [@player] Revive

Edited by Miixzy, 23 February 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#4 Pika

Pika
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Thanks a lot for your help guys, finally think I've finalised my binds. Thought I'd include them in case anyone else was looking for an example.

For target me/party1/part2 I use mousebutton3/mouse wheel up/ mouse wheel down.

For target enemy1/2/3 I use the same but with Alt modifier.

These can also be bound in the keybind options and you dont need to make macros for them which will save you 6 spots.

For cleansing1/2/3 I use the same again but with the shift mod.

For my interrupts/dispells/hex I combined them with a shift mod for my focus target. which saves another 3 spots.

basically most common spells on -
Q,E,R,F,1,2,3,4,5
frequently used on -
X,Z,C,G,T,H,shift-1,shift-2,shift-3,shift-4,shift-5
and rarely used
alt-1,alt-2,alt-3,alt-4,alt-5.

For big CD's like Ascendance and NS I use F1,F2,F3,F4,F5. Mainly because they don't require any mods so are easily spamible and for me pretty comfortable to reach easily.(also im used to this ;) )

I tried out the help/harm macros but realized sometimes in arena I like to target the guy attacking me, to track his buffs while being able to cast on myself.

So having a [help] riptide; [harm] flame shock doesnt work so well. So I bound my 'Attacks' to cntrl-1,2,3,4,5.

Anyway should take me few weeks to learn them properly but hopefully they'l be more efficient.

Thanks again for all the advice!

who needs a naga ;)

#5 Pika

Pika
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

On a side note I still have +50 spells bound and still finding more I could use. Its a bit ridiculous really. Bring on the great purge of WOD

#6 Aces

Aces

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

34 Binds here, including all my modifier binds and targeting binds. But i'm glad you got everything finalized! Hope you get comfortable with them and pick up some ratings next season!
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: macros, keybinds, advice, general, interface, ui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<