Members Posting Access

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: Posting Rights (205 member(s) have cast votes)

Should AJ allow everyone to post?

1. Yes (22 votes [10.68%])

Percentage of vote: 10.68%

2. No (170 votes [82.52%])

Percentage of vote: 82.52%

3. Lower requirements further (14 votes [6.80%])

Percentage of vote: 6.80%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Vanguards

Vanguards
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2060
  • 3v3: 2731
  • RBG: 960

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

This has been a suggestion that's popped up many times now. Hildegard made a poll about this as well around half a year ago.

The AJ team has debated about this for a long time, but decided AJ was made based on the fact that it was for "Elite PvPers".

This is another poll for this topic. More importantly I would like to see Junkies post a reasoning as to why or why not allowing members to post is a good thing.

The decision will not completely be based on the poll, but it will help our decision a lot. Thanks!
http://twitch.tv/VanguardsTV- Stream (Follow to know when I'm live!)
http://twitter.com/VanguardsTV- Twitter
http://facebook.com/Samk920 - Facebook

http://youtube.com/SamK920 - YouTube Videos

#2 Chanimal

Chanimal
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/1/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 2269
  • 3v3: 2469
  • RBG: 959

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

I prefer not to.

Unfortunately, this website has been going down in quality (I've probably contributed to this a few times).

In my opinion, trolls are only part of the reason for this. The other major reason is lower rated players that don't really know what they are talking about, posting something (and usually being toxic about it).

Arena junkies in my head is a forum that should have good information from quality PvPers with good ratings. I think this, because that's where reliable information comes from - someone who is frustrated at say, 1700 ratings posting something doesn't really hold much weight.

Edited by Chanimal, 21 February 2014 - 07:55 PM.

twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#3 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/2/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1943
  • 3v3: 1749
  • 5v5: 1826
  • RBG: 1504
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

View PostChanimal, on 21 February 2014 - 07:54 PM, said:

I prefer not to.

Unfortunately, this website has been going down in quality (I've probably contributed to this a few times).

In my opinion, trolls are only part of the reason for this. The other major reason is lower rated players that don't really know what they are talking about, posting something (and usually being toxic about it).

Arena junkies in my head is a forum that should have good information from quality PvPers with good ratings. I think this, because that's where reliable information comes from - someone who is frustrated at say, 1700 ratings posting something doesn't really hold much weight.

^^^ This
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#4 jaimex

jaimex
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1743
  • 3v3: 3121
  • 5v5: 864

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

Members, although they have some insight, dont have much. In my experience their ideas are often idiotic and flawed. They often cry for buffs to already op classes and just pollute the forums with bullshit.

2c

#5 Vanguards

Vanguards
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

View PostChanimal, on 21 February 2014 - 07:54 PM, said:

I prefer not to.

The moderator team lacking at the moment is also a big part to this which is being worked on right now.

If the moderator team was active do you think allowing more people / members to post would be better?

While their opinions in some cases may not be as correct at times, having a bigger community could help AJ a lot in other ways.

#6 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1815
  • 3v3: 2135
  • RBG: 1332
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

if ppl want general random thoughts without any real experience or reason behind them they would head to wow forums, if you remove the exclusivity of this site i feel it will result in it being the final nail in the coffin.

i still enjoy the site but do not allow anyone to post  there is mmo-champ and wow forums for that
Posted Image

#7 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2005

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

There's no correct answer.  So far the vast majority of member posts have frankly sucked but it's not like junkie status are free from stupidity.  It's hard when a season 3 glad that hasn't been above 1700 in the last 5 seasons gets to post when there's 2100+ CR players that can't.

Edit:  What about those that post about the game being bad but haven't played in years?  Why is their word worth anything now?  They definitely aren't helping.

#8 Vanguards

Vanguards
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

I'm mostly trying to throw in the positives for both sides here; I definitely understand where most of the Junkies opinions are coming from.

AJ will still be different from other sites that Gladiator / Junkies will be recognized. The Junkie status will still be there, gladiators will still have their helmets so people can recognize them. If this idea was to ever come true the moderator team would also be a lot stronger than what it is right now.

Also some members do have extremely insightful ideas and are more willing than any other Gladiator to post guides and such.

#9 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

View PostVanguards, on 21 February 2014 - 07:58 PM, said:

The moderator team lacking at the moment is also a big part to this which is being worked on right now.

If the moderator team was active do you think allowing more people / members to post would be better?

While their opinions in some cases may not be as correct at times, having a bigger community could help AJ a lot in other ways.
You make me mod I take care of the rest

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#10 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

The point in arena junkies is to give the higher tier players of arena a place to communicate and discuss things inside of high rated arenas. Its also a place for the players who are a part of the lower tier to learn from us where possible. If only the "strategy, talents, macros, etc" tabs were more often updated and used. However, theyre here to LEARN. Not make absurd posts in the forums about things in which they have no clue what theyre talking about.

AJ was something to be proud of back in the day, At this point its a bunch of trolls and rat leaguers talking non sense. (No offense to anyone)

However, i do believe that pvpers should be more "united". Seeing as how were the minority in wow, we should kind of develop the "stick together" attitude. IMO, i would rather see consistency in the improvement of lower skilled players. The more competition we have, the better. I want to fight for glad each season.... not just have it because its easy. With the exception of this season, its usually the same people getting glad and R1.

With this being said, maybe we can find a constructive way in making AJ be something that can help everyone increase their skill level in arena.  This cant happen with any ole player being able to post though.
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#11 Doseisfresh

Doseisfresh
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

There is constant bullshit coming from Junkies everyday, members wouldn't be different in that regard.   Some members would be good to have sometimes, but I feel the bad outweighs the good.  There'll be members that aren't gorillas, just like there's junkies that aren't gorillas.  
The difference between the two is that even when junkies are monkeys, they at least  most of the time have a general understanding of the game and will act out in regards to that, instead of being a gorilla claiming the bullshit broken classes need buffs because they hold their s-keys or something.  

So pretty much just the aids with junkies only is at least semi-productive, whereas the aids with members added is the WoW forums.
Posted Image

#12 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

View PostFizion, on 21 February 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

There's no correct answer.  So far the vast majority of member posts have frankly sucked but it's not like junkie status are free from stupidity.  It's hard when a season 3 glad that hasn't been above 1700 in the last 5 seasons gets to post when there's 2100+ CR players that can't.

Edit:  What about those that post about the game being bad but haven't played in years?  Why is their word worth anything now?  They definitely aren't helping.

I honestly cant disagree with you any more than i do. High rated play now is nothing compared to what it once was. The opinions of OGs matter a lot actually. Theyre the literal original gladiators. Without them, the game wouldnt be anything close to what it currently is. The things discovered and made available to the public back then is what arena is based off of today. Do you think the fundamentals of arena gameplay were created in cataclysm, or even wrath? Why heck no. It was all established back in BC. For you to say that the opinions of gladiators from seasons 1-11 are invalid makes you one of those ignorant people whose opinions are not welcome on AJ.

Also, the likelihood that a glad level player from BC hasnt been above 1700 lately is probably pretty slim. if youre seeing an account that has glad from back then stuck below 1700 now, its more than likely because its an ebay account and some kid that is arena fresh is piloting it. I came back to the game this season for the first time since season 5 and immediately got 2400 with 2 other friends that quit at the same time for the same amount of time. Your opinion is moot.

Edited by Clamnesia, 21 February 2014 - 08:35 PM.

#13 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

so many things in this game work extremely well up until players are real, go to your own stream  vanguardz and read twitch chat. that is essentially what you will be allowing. That kind of talk and trolling has led strong minded players to quit. I urge you not to go through with this but im sure sites like pvp-live are crossing their fingers and begging it happens.

the only reason this site has stayed real is because of the clublike atmosphere. Theres other sites for randoms to post on
Posted Image

#14 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostMattadoro, on 21 February 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

so many things in this game work extremely well up until players are real, go to your own stream  vanguardz and read twitch chat. that is essentially what you will be allowing. That kind of talk and trolling has led strong minded players to quit. I urge you not to go through with this but im sure sites like pvp-live are crossing their fingers and begging it happens.

the only reason this site has stayed real is because of the clublike atmosphere. Theres other sites for randoms to post on

agreed, lord taco

#15 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

There would definitely be a lot less trash being posted on the forums if nonglads/non-junkie status people couldn't post. There used to be a member section of the forums for people who didn't have the former to post in, just bring that back in my opinion. I think the moderation team should take some of these troll threads more seriously too. I don't really want to read about who lost to who drama. Sure, reading about top players getting busted for exploiting can be fun sometimes but the quality of the threads on this website have seriously diminished over the years.

#16 Contrololold

Contrololold
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/0

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

Leave 3v3 the only junkie forum, remove the requirement from all others. That is the only place that you actually need experience at higher ratings to be able to contribute. For the most part, any discussion is good discussion.
twitch.tv/xrags  -- streaming boomkin PoV:  dk/boom/rsham, mage/boom/rsham, rogue/boom/rsham, etc.

Sometimes resto / Mistweaver

#17 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

here's a thought, why not give back to those that add meaning to the site, Plug twith streams give them exclusive front page plugs on a bi-weekly basis from whos stepped up in terms of contributions. You dont have to outright pay the top players for contributions. But lets say nuvoz has strong replies all week on an ele question thread. His stream gets a mini feature on front page? Obviously all the details could be changed but I'll reword it this way.

Lets say theres a warlock thread... there could be 100 responses good/bad/meh and i literally just skim through them all until i see chanimals or nada post something.

tl:dr reward top players for contributing and allow lurkers to read and decide instead of flooding with twitch randoms and making top players want to alt f4 within seconds
Posted Image

#18 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

View PostContrololold, on 21 February 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

Leave 3v3 the only junkie forum, remove the requirement from all others. That is the only place that you actually need experience at higher ratings to be able to contribute. For the most part, any discussion is good discussion.

What about class discussion, balance discussions, etc. Thats where the retards come out most often... lol. We dont want idiocy in those topics.

#19 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

I think that rating requirement should stay but that good posters should be promoted manually to Junkie status. The point is to know what you are writing about. For example I would not comment on balance but have my share to say about rogue mechanics. People call me - rightfully - a bad player but some of my content was well received, like the interviews or the rogue guide.

#20 Contrololold

Contrololold
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/0

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

View PostClamnesia, on 21 February 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

What about class discussion, balance discussions, etc. Thats where the retards come out most often... lol. We dont want idiocy in those topics.

Members are already allowed to post on class forums and I don't know what balance discussion you're referring to.  You don't have to be high rated to know how a class works.  
Understanding the dynamics of high level arena is the only facet of the game that requires real experience.

Working under the assumption that all non-junkies are idiots is not fair to them nor beneficial to the topic at hand. There are plenty of idiotic and biased posters that are junkies. I would say junkie status itself contributes to the problem-- people think because they got XXXX rating, they are the end-all-be-all source of power and wisdom.
twitch.tv/xrags  -- streaming boomkin PoV:  dk/boom/rsham, mage/boom/rsham, rogue/boom/rsham, etc.

Sometimes resto / Mistweaver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<